• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is tickling genetic?

john_smith

TMF Expert
I was just looking around the forum yesterday and my brother walked in and seen me on this site, he just looked and then walked out and didn't seem to find anything weird. Does anyone think that he could also have a tickle fetish and that it could run in the family?

If you wereto use my family for an example, the answer would be no. They all seem to loathe it. Makes it a little hard to "come-out-of-the-tickle-closet" :fish:

I think the concenses is that a tickle fetish depends on your upbringing. So for example, if you and your brother have been tickled a lot during life then quite possibly he enjoys tickling as much as you do. Otherwise, I don't think tickling is in your genes.

I don't think people should classify a tickle, or foot fetish as weird. Its perfectly normal in my book. I mean its better than getting whipped, or choked. <<<<----

Doubt it. If I saw any member of my family doing anything sexually related I sure as hell wouldn't strike up a conversation about it. He was probably trying to avoid an awkward moment.

Mistress Feral said:
It seems like the old question of ‘nature or nurture’?

I'm inclined to agree. I've noticed that it seems to travel often in families, but is it because people are exposed to the same influences or because of something that they're born with? Who can know?

Let's crank up our word processors and get a government grant.

Genetic Theory

Well first off, an interesting question. Could tickling or liking it run in families? From what I read about genetics and more secifically, Mendelian genetics pretaining to inheritance, tells me that it would be difficult if not impossible for Mendelian laws to find a gene that was responsible for that specific character trait. More likely, it is a group of genes responsible for the neural pathway development that is then reinforced by your upbringing or not. Thus causing tickling to be present in families across the generations rather than not in the family at all. :eek:

Red Jester said:
Doubt it. If I saw any member of my family doing anything sexually related I sure as hell wouldn't strike up a conversation about it. He was probably trying to avoid an awkward moment.

I concur; if you accidentally found any "toys" or videos belonging to your relatives, would you say anything?

Tickling runs in my family

Yes, I would have to say that tickling could be genetic. In my case, my dad loved to tickle me as a child and he tickles my mom constantly. I know my mom enjoys going barefoot like I do, so I must be a tickle baby! :blush:

I guess you can say it runs in my family, because Dad tickled everyone, and have raised a stable of devious lers :blaugh:

WilltickleHer said:
I don't think people should classify a tickle, or foot fetish as weird. Its perfectly normal in my book. I mean its better than getting whipped, or choked. <<<<----

You idiot. NO IT IS NOT BETTER THAN BEING WHIPPED OR CHOKED. YOU PREFER IT OVER BEING WHIPPED OR CHOKED. NOTHING IS OFFICIALLY BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE. Remember that the next time someone calls you strange for having a fetish. Don't get me wrong, I'm a tickle lover and nothing else, but you cannot look down on other sexual orientations in this way and then complain about being rejected yourself. It isn't just you, everyone does it.

pfromptown said:
You idiot. NO IT IS NOT BETTER THAN BEING WHIPPED OR CHOKED. YOU PREFER IT OVER BEING WHIPPED OR CHOKED. NOTHING IS OFFICIALLY BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE. Remember that the next time someone calls you strange for having a fetish. Don't get me wrong, I'm a tickle lover and nothing else, but you cannot look down on other sexual orientations in this way and then complain about being rejected yourself. It isn't just you, everyone does it.
While I think you could have been a little more politic in your mode of address I agree with you completely. (Up to a point: I would prefer that the whipee and chokee are both willing and that they are being choked/whipped in a safe manner, or at least have a medical team standing by.)

My opinion, and it is no more than that, is that there is a genetic componet to our love of tickling. My parents are both terribly ticklish just as I am. I think really ticklish people are insightful to the art of tickling. There are times when we love to be tickled and there are times when we love to dish it out.

I personally think that tickling isn't really genetic but it could be. It depends on how much you were tickled as a child. My Mom tickled me and my Dad didn't. I didn't have any siblings and my friends weren't really into it so I am getting tickled more as an adult from guys I have met through TMF. In my opinion on Nature or Nuture I think that it should be Nature and Nurture that has an effect on our lives to some degree.

:cat:

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back