• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rotten day...

Knox The Hatter

2nd Level Indigo Feather
For those of you who know me well here, I'm here on this computer every night with my companion, Cleo, besides me...my 17-year old black female cat. Every night, she sits here, by my side.

She's not here tonight. She's gone. After a week of a steady, very sad decline (my wife and I think she suffered from at least one stroke), she died this morning in our den. We had already planned to put her down on Monday morning, but after my wife called me this morning and told me that she started having tremors, I knew it wouldn't be long.

I'm taking her remains to the vet for cremation tomorrow morning. I'm kind of relieved that this horror story's over now...even though, it was a wonderful seventeen years with a cat who my sister found discarded like so much garbage in the basement of the house she was renting at school. She was always at my side, even at a time when I suffered great loneliness and depression.

I'm afraid all of this, however, has been little more than a dress rehearsal. My wife's black female cat Snoopy was diagnosed with an inoperable cancerous tumor back in the spring. She's fine now, but the decline will be inevitable. For my wife, that will be one terrible reckoning, since she loves Snoopy so much...

This hasn't been a very good day.

Knox, I'm so very very sorry. I know how you felt about Cleo. You know where to find me if there is any way I can help you.

-Jaffie

Sorry to hear the sad news about your cats, Knox. We'll be thinking of you and give Mrs. Knox our best.

Drew

Sorry to hear about your loss (and the situation with the other cat). For most of my life, my family hasn't had any pets, but I can easily see how the experience of losing one is painful.

I hope things go better for you and your family in the coming days.

oo knox i'm so sorry hon. losing a pet is so traumatic. i lost my stevie a month after mom died. she was eighteen and was given to us by mom. and she was sick about the same period of time that mom was dying. you need to get another in about four weeks. thats what we did, although when stevie died, i didnt want another. she was my baby, and i didnt want another heart break. but i was so used to having a cat around the house that i finally decided we needed another. and now your wifes cat. aww Knox i dont know what to say just try and keep the cat comfortable. we buried stevie in our backyard, i remember david crying as he fillled her grave. we buried her with her favorite toys. she died here at home, late one night. i awoke to hearing david crying, he was kneeling by stevies bedside. i went in, and he said shes gone. since i dont have children our pets were our babies. and each time, it breaks my heart. i have lost now a total of two cats. tigger died at fifteen, stevie at eighteen. your cat wont be replacable, but after a while of grieving, you should consider another.

isabeau

o and btw when we did get our chelsea about a month after stevie died, it was the first time i laughed since mom died. pets are great therapy. so think about it Knox

Last edited:

Knoxxie, I am so sorry. I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences to you. I've lost all 4 of the darling furry babies I grew up with in the past few years, ranging from 14-20 years old, and I know only too well how much it hurts. It honestly hurts every bit as much as losing a very close family member, because that is what they are. I have my 5 babies now who I've added to my household since moving out on my own when I was 18. My 2 oldest both turned 10 this year, and they are my big baby mommas boys who follow me everywhere, sleep on my head at night, in my lap during the day, and can't stand to be seperated from me. I am going to be absolutely crushed and lost when their time comes.

At least her suffering is now over, but I know that does not make losing her any easier. My heart breaks for you darling. I wish I could help take some of your pain away. *hugs*

Mimi :cuddle:

I said goodbye to you today, little cat.
Fingers caught on bones when I stroked your fur.
You could scarcely raise your head to drink,
yet still you calmed me with your purr.

Were you comfortable curled on the rug?
And did you know your time drew near?
Your wide green eyes held gentle love,
and quiet pain, but showed no fear.

You slipped away so quietly
that we weren't sure that you were gone.
Our bouncy little cat is stilled
but your spirit lingers on.

Little ghostcat, where are you?
Are you happy, are you strong?
I feel your warmth, your life, your love
and still can hear your purring song.

1993, MJ Falango

so sorry to hear it man...

I know how animals can be part of the family...

I'm here if you need to talk.

As an animal lover myself, I know the loss of such a close companion is devastating. This truly saddens me. My condolences.

May Cleo rest in peace.

Knox, I'm sorry to hear about the death of your beloved cat, Cleo, and your wife's cat's (Snoopy's) tumor. I offer my condolences. May your Cleo RIP, and may Snoopy live for a couple of more years.

I know you're planning to cremate Cleo, but if you'd like to put up a memorial to her online so that her memory lives on forever, here's a place where you can do so. Take care, Knox. :)

Online Pet Memorials

Knox, my friend. I already answered the email you sent me, but I will place a post here as well with the rest of the gang.
First let me say, my very good friend, that Iam so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved cat. I extend to you my deepest sympathies and condolences. It is very difficult to lose a beloved pet. Although you are in pain now, you will carry with you the memories of her.
Iam also very sorry to hear about the decline of Mrs Knox' cat. I hope you both have quality time with the time the cat has left, and that when the cat does pass, that it does so quietly and peacefully with as little suffering as possible, which is all one can really hope for with a sick loved one.
Iam here for you always if you need me. Iam thinking about you.

Mitch

Pets are family. So I can certainly say with no reservations that I am sorry for the loss of a loved family member. Take heart that Cleo Im sure enjoyed a rich full life filled with people that loved her. Not many animals have that kind of kinship in their times on this planet. Im sure that you filled her days and nights with every imaginable joy that she could have imagined and though it will be difficult to go on without her I know that her memory will be with you forever and its the memories that last a lifetime.

Deepest Sympathies for your loss,
Rob

Knox,

I am truly sorry for your loss. I have two cats of my own, and athough I have gotten them young (they are less than three years own) and I have had them for "years." I know that they have not being around as long as yours, but I still really worry about them, especially with someone new.

May God confort those that you have lost, and reunite you with whom you love.

Some1

Knox my friend, my heart goes out to you in this time of grieving. I understand what its like to lose a pet as I did with my puppy. It truly is like losing a family member. You took Cleo in and gave her a safe haven and loving environment and to repay you she was a faithful companion for many years. A hug of comfort for you.

venray said:

1993, MJ Falango

omg venray that is exactly how stevie died, right down to her green eyes. and i wasnt sure she was gone either. did you make that up? and Knox i pmd you

isabeau

Just saw this.

Knox, I'm so sorry! If you want to talk, I should be home all day. Feel free to give a yell.

Ann

venray said:

1993, MJ Falango

beautiful Ray, just beautiful.

Knox, my heart goes out to you at this time. Having my cat Oatmeal sick all week, I know how you feel. Luckily, he's feeling better now. I should be on tonight until eight. If you need me, I'll be there. If not, we'll talk about it when I call you on the third.

Knox:

I just saw this. I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your cat, and the decline of Snoopy. I know all too well how painful it is to lose a pet having animals my whole life. IMO, It is more painful than losing a family memeber because with humans there are so many complexities but with a pet, all you do is love it unconditionally and that is all you get back, unconditional love. I know that when the time comes for my dog, I will be devestated.

If you want to talk, you have my email address

Knox
I am so sorry to hear of your loss It's always sad to lose a pet :sadcry:

I am so sorry for your loss Knox. I have a cat and I know I'd feel very upset if she either got sick or died. Hang in there and I really hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Knoxie. I'll always remember the rabbit (named Cadbury) I had who we had to put to sleep. It hurt a lot--but always remember time heals.

Take care sweetie.

Victoria

Hey Knox, I'm sorry to hear about your tough times. My condolences go out to you and your Mrs. Keep your chin up, as time passes it will get easier.

Knox,I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Cleo ,your companion for so many years who passed away so suddenly..I know how a family pet that has spent so many memories through the good and bad times tugs at our hearts and we don;t know just how truly attached we are till they are taken away from us or we have to make the decision to put them down since we as owners,caregivers wish the best for our pets...
You and your wife will be in my thoughts as you have lost one cherished Cleo,and the situation with Snoopy is going to be a hard loss too..Lots of hugs to both you and your wife, :twohugs: :twohugs:

Knox, you might want to go to the library and get "Animals on the Other Side" By Sylvia Browne. It might be very helpful in the weeks to come. :twohugs:

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back