• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Royal Rumble Reactions

StockedAndGagged

1st Level Red Feather
So from my observations, I've noticed there are a rather impressive amounts of wrestling fans. Therefore, I present my reactions to the Rumble, and invite others to do the same.

The highlight of the night for me, honestly, was when Gregory Helms took the cruiserweight belt. About damn time.

I really can't logically believe Rey Mysterio can win the Royal Rumble, especially when he's #2. Someone, somewhere along the line, had to have punted him into the fourth row. I'm happy for him since I've been watching him since the mid 90's, but still...Come on, people.

And I hope we see Taker/Angle at WM22. Be a great way for the Dead Man to go out on top.

CH

Rey won the Rumble because they're still playing on the emotions of Eddie passing. I really like Rey. But, that's my honest opinion. I don't really have a problem with that....other than the concern that Rey may lose his own identity in the process. (It'd be like when they took Heidenreich out of a role that was working just to drag the Animal back into the ring. Animal can't wrestle or speak worth a damn. But, he's not the one who got cut. Go figure!)

I half expected Shawn Michaels to show back up since he was eliminated by Shane...someone not officially in the match. That may still come up. We'll see. I was surprised that Lashley didn't last longer. But, maybe they're waiting to develop the character more first. Who knows? Having Tatanka show up and last for a good period of time was a surprise. He looked a lot better than his last appearance. Seeing RVD back was cool too.

The cruiser weight match was excellent. I wish they got more air time than they do on the weekly shows. I enjoy the athleticism and acrobatic moves in that division. I don't care for the new personality they've given Gregory Helmes. But, I like him as a wrestler. Hopefully, the writing staff will get on the ball and give him something that works.

I was surprised that Cena got the belt back from Edge so quickly. Maybe they want to drop the whole sex party angle? I like John Cena more than Edge. But, they need someone fresh to shake things up a bit.

Boogie Man and JBL was cute. I don't like JBL anyway. So, I'm glad he got beat. I enjoy the Boogie Man....other than the worms. lol It's strange to see him cut from Tough Enough for fibbing about his age only to end up with such a push now. Let's hope they give him time to continue to develop. It looks like he could do well.

Kurt winning his match is no surprise. But, with another neck injury, they need to be careful. They need to drop Mark Henry...another guy who can't wrestle...before he hurts someone else. He's already put Batista out of action. I was really concerned that he'd end up doing the same with Kurt.

Mickie and Ashley was a joke. Mickie isn't too bad. But Ashley doesn't pay attention and has no solid ring skills. She's another one who's going to hurt someone one of these days. She needs a term over at Ohio Valley to learn how to do things properly....and maybe a good kick in the pants to get her to pay attention during matches. As for the whole lesbian angle between Mickie and Trish.... I'm reserving judgment to see where it goes.

Actually, I thought the overall show was pretty good this time around.

Ann

My guess for the Cena/Edge angle is that they were upset that Cena was getting boo'ed so much, so they found the one person (Triple H might have been 2), that people would cheer for Cena to beat. And they did their job; though I think fans memories are long enough that Cena will still be getting boo's.

Glad to see other CT people into wrestling and tickling. Thanks for responding Ann

CH

I thought it was a good show, they didn't really need the women's match, I actually nodded thru that. But I am more confused now than ever before, as the insiders told me that there would be an Edge/HHH amtch for the title at WM22, and with Rey winning confuses matters even more. I bet in between now and WM Rey will find a way for him to lose his shot. I cannot see Rey headlining a main event. He is just not ready. Taker/Angle will be great, though. I just wonder where does this leave HHH now?

My reactions to the Royal Rumble:

Royal Rumble match: Thank god that Rey won. If anyone deserves a title shot, it's definitely him. He definitely lives up to the saying: It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. And why the hell did Shane McMahon eliminate Shawn Michaels when he wasn't even a participant?

John Cena vs Edge w/Lita: FINALLY! The rightful champ has returned! I've had just about enough of this whole 'live sex' angle on RAW. :disgust: It wasn't really fair for Edge to cash in his 'Money in the Bank' contract @ New Year's Revolution.

Kurt Angle vs Mark Henry:
Kurt winning his match is no surprise. But, with another neck injury, they need to be careful. They need to drop Mark Henry...another guy who can't wrestle...before he hurts someone else. He's already put Batista out of action. I was really concerned that he'd end up doing the same with Kurt.
I totally agree. But Batista will be back to claim what's his. Mark Henry can't wrestle. It's almost like the 'Big Show vs Brock Lesnar' match when the ring imploded. Except Brock Lesnar wasn't an Olympic Gold Medalist. :cool2:

JBL vs Boogeyman: I used to hate JBL, but after seeing what he & Jillian have been through these last few weeks, I feel sorry for them. Boogeyman just creeps the hell outta me.:disgust:

Mickie James vs Ashley Massaro: Ashley should've won. End of story. Mickie James is psychotic. Enough said. Trish looked awesome in that referee outfit.

Cruiserweight Invitational: Gregory Helms is on RAW. Why the hell did he enter the invitational? It's exactly like two weeks ago on Smackdown. When Batista surrendered the World Heavyweight Championship, Kurt Angle entered the elimination match, except he was from RAW.

Bottom line: Overall, the Royal Rumble was good. But something needs to be done about superstars jumping from one show to the other. I say that at the beginning of the year, each superstar should say which show he/she is going to stay on. That way, we don't have a repeat of what happened with Helms & Angle. If anyone agrees with me, more power to you! If anyone disagrees, more power to you!

I thought it was pretty good. My two nephews came over to watch it last night with my 10 and 13 year old. They were into the whole thing totally hypnotized, even my brother-in-law, who was a big time hater of wrestling, knew as much as the boys did. My favorite part was the Undertaker at the end, when the lightning struck and the ring fell apart and he just stood there and stared at Kurt. He is still one of, if not, the most intimidating character out there in wrestling.

eviltickler20 said:
why the hell did Shane McMahon eliminate Shawn Michaels when he wasn't even a participant?

After all the recent fuss between Shawn and Vince, we knew something would happen. But, we were surprised that it was Shane and not Vince himself that interfered. We think they're setting up a Michaels/McMahon feud like the one they had with Steve Austin. Shawn challenging Vince a few weeks back about constantly bringing up the Brett Hart angle certainly seems to play into something there. We'll see if we're right or not.

Not sure if Drew would agree with me here. But, I'd kinda like to see a reconciliation between Shawn and Brett and then have the two of them in a tag match with Vince and Shane. Brett isn't exactly in ring condition with all of his health issues. But, Shawn could probably pull most of the weight for it. They could even have the reconciliation turn fake and have Shawn screw Brett over again. There's lots they can do. I don't have any inside angles, just thoughts on things that could be entertaining.

Ann

My guess is Shawn vs. Vince at Wrestlemania, and maybe (most of this is hope) Bret Hart as referee...Though I think he'd end up just beating the holy hell out of both of them and leaving for TNA soon after.

CH

Rey Rey is gonna lose his title shot before wrestlemania to probably angle or something. Nice to know how "victoriously" the return of rvd was

Kurt Angles win was obvious and I cant wait to see him and Taker in their match next month. I'm tired of Cena and wish he wouldn't have won and he'll keep getting booed. If he fights Triple H at Wrestlemania he'll get booed and Triple H will get cheered. I'm glad Rey won because he wasnt fighting in Eddie's memory but yesterday I read that the winner of the Rumble wasnt getting a title shot so I dont think he will. WWE TV is getting better and has been for good again for a little while now

Very good pay-per-view!! I like surprises.....not interested in paying 35 dollars for a wrestling show that's just another episode of Raw or Smackdown. So, 2 title changes, Tatanka, Eugene, Goldust, Shane McMahon, Hacksaw Jim Dugan, all cool things about the 2006 Royal Rumble.
I believe Kurt Angle is going against Undertaker at next months PPV, there was already a promo card posted last week on one of the wrestling sites.
I'm glad they took the belt of Edge, he was a lame-ass champ. Although he may get it back tonight on Raw, he's in a rematch with Cena.
More than likely going to be HBK vs. Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania. And possibly Triple H vs. John Cena as well.
Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guererro, and Chris Benoit all have to let Eddie go. I miss the guy as much as everyone else, but it's really time to move on.
And a cool entrance on the suspended catwalk for Cena.

Drew

Normally, I would not post here based on the fact that I have not followed wrestling all that closely since Owen Hart pass away. But Ann said something that I found intriguing. Bret Hart rejoining the WWF? Is that possible? When he left ( and you wrestling fans correct me if I am wrong) it was after Survivor Series in 1997 when Vince McMahon screwed him out of the title. I followed the WWF for about 15 years. But it was hard to follow after everyone's matches were decided ALL THE TIME thru interference from someone else. I didn't mind it once in a while but every match became too much for me. I mean I actually went to Wrestlmania IV in Atlantic City, New Jersey. That was a fun time. Ann you also said something about Shawn and Bret teaming up... aren't they like 45 to 50 years old. I mean Bret has to be at least 47/48 himself. Goodness makes me want to go throw in once of my old Wrestlemania tapes right now. Sorry for intruding on your thread. I guess I am still fasinated by wrestling.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Normally, I would not post here based on the fact that I have not followed wrestling all that closely since Owen Hart pass away. But Ann said something that I found intriguing. Bret Hart rejoining the WWF? Is that possible? When he left ( and you wrestling fans correct me if I am wrong) it was after Survivor Series in 1997 when Vince McMahon screwed him out of the title. I followed the WWF for about 15 years. But it was hard to follow after everyone's matches were decided ALL THE TIME thru interference from someone else. I didn't mind it once in a while but every match became too much for me. I mean I actually went to Wrestlmania IV in Atlantic City, New Jersey. That was a fun time. Ann you also said something about Shawn and Bret teaming up... aren't they like 45 to 50 years old. I mean Bret has to be at least 47/48 himself. Goodness makes me want to go throw in once of my old Wrestlemania tapes right now. Sorry for intruding on your thread. I guess I am still fasinated by wrestling.

The WWE has been trying to get The Hitman to come on TV for a while. He said if he could wrestle anybody it would be my main man, Kurt Angle. He's declined them so many times and has said he isnt in shape to wrestle. And I dont think we will ever see Bret and Shawn ever team up. They didnt like each other then and dont now. However, I do remember hearing something about Bret may want to do sort of a final goodbye thing, idk. Anyway, back to reality, they taped both Raw and Smackdown tonight and Rey is going to put his Wrestlemania title shot on the line against The Legend Killer himself. So who know how the main events at Wrestlemania will pan out. I'm glad im interested in wrestling again

Tickle_Fiend05 said:
The WWE has been trying to get The Hitman to come on TV for a while. He said if he could wrestle anybody it would be my main man, Kurt Angle. He's declined them so many times and has said he isnt in shape to wrestle. And I dont think we will ever see Bret and Shawn ever team up. They didnt like each other then and dont now. However, I do remember hearing something about Bret may want to do sort of a final goodbye thing, idk. Anyway, back to reality, they taped both Raw and Smackdown tonight and Rey is going to put his Wrestlemania title shot on the line against The Legend Killer himself. So who know how the main events at Wrestlemania will pan out. I'm glad im interested in wrestling again
I do remember something to the effect that they did not like each other. I remember that. They always claim to have respect for each other but never did they like each other. I always like Bret " The Hitman " Hart. I guess after his brother Owen passed away I never felt the need to watch wrestling after that. Stu ( their late father ) taught they guys the art of wrestling. To bad that Bret is out of shape. Would love to see him grapple one final time.

It's been nice to see WWE getting away from giving the Rumble win to the usual suspects. Last year's win by Batista was a pleasant surprise, and Rey's win was even cooler. Go, Rey, go.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
I do remember something to the effect that they did not like each other. I remember that. They always claim to have respect for each other but never did they like each other. I always like Bret " The Hitman " Hart. I guess after his brother Owen passed away I never felt the need to watch wrestling after that. Stu ( their late father ) taught they guys the art of wrestling. To bad that Bret is out of shape. Would love to see him grapple one final time.

Bret Hart says he's longer able to wrestle, but he actually looks to be in pretty good shape. I saw him on a health and fitness show on cable last month, this spotlighted injuries that occur during wrestling. During the hour they showed Bret working out in the gym, wonder if he can still do at least one or two things in the ring? His name on the Wrestlemania line-up would be huge.

Drew

I think this year's 'Mania definitely needs some extra juice poured into it; otherwise it's just going to seem like another PPV. Having Bret make an appearance of any kind, even if he doesn't wrestle, would be huge. The same goes for The Rock, Austin or Hogan. Without trying to knock present WWE talent too bad, they really don't have Headlining Wrestlemania appeal, at least to me.

CH

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Ann said something that I found intriguing. Bret Hart rejoining the WWF? Is that possible? When he left ( and you wrestling fans correct me if I am wrong) it was after Survivor Series in 1997 when Vince McMahon screwed him out of the title.

Sorry for intruding on your thread. I guess I am still fasinated by wrestling.

First off....you aren't intruding. Don't worry about it. Brett had a new video come out a while back. (The matches were good. But, the interviews were pretty negative.) He and Vince have supposedly reconciled enough to at least work together to promote that. There's been constant mentions of him since the video was set for release. The fact that it's been out a while and they're still mentioning him is what makes me think he may show up at some point. Whether he actually wrestles or refs or just does a quick run-in to interfere remains to be seen. But, I suspect we'll see him in some role before too long.

Ann

ticklingfeet4fu said:

I think it may have been more than just them not liking each other...i think they more hated one another...i read about the whole "screw job" incident and how it came together...and it all started when gerald brisco was showing shawn how to block brets "real" shots at him in a hotel room...i think there were/are a lot of people who may not like HBK too because the Rock turned down fighting him at 22 because he doesnt like him either

Theres been no concrete evidence if the hart\mcmahon incident was a work, a shoot or a worked shoot. The only certains is hart was leavin the next day to jump to wcw. In a recent dvd series, they have vince russo and ed fererra(back then, the 2 main writers for wwf) where they detail their careers in indys then wwf then wcw and now back to indys. They touch on the mcmahon incident but who knows if legit or not

I remember the incident where shawn michaels collapsed in the ring after an owen hart enziguri but who knows if it was staged or not

Well as I said, I have not followed in quite a while. But if I remember, Bret Hart was to leave the WWF for WCW after the match. Bret ( I guess ) felt as though he was leaving and retiring as World Heavyweight Champion of the WWF. It got a lot of play. I remember Bret Hart spit in Vince McManon's face right after the match saying you screwed me. This isn't the way it was suppose to go down. The fact the Shawn Michaels beat Bret with the Bret's sharpshooter move also didn't set right with Bret. In an interview with ( then SportsChannel's ) Chet Coppick, Bret stated flatly that it was not suppose to finish that way. He told Chet that Vince (who didn't want to sign Bret to such a long term deal. I think it was a 15 year deal ) was mad that less than a year after signing the deal Bret wanted out of the deal. But Bret did not like the way the WWF had promoted sex as oppose to wrestling ( a part I happen to agree with Bret 100% ) and wanted out and agreed to go to WCW for less than half that contract. Bret went through the entire match with Chet Coppick and was told that it was suppose to finish with a double-countout ( or a draw ). He would retire as Champion and they would have a round-robin tournament ( like Wrestlemania IV ) to determine the next Champion. But then when the sharpshooter was slap on him as they both appeared to be down ( and supposedly out ) it caught Bret off-guard and in fact he tapped out just based on the surprise factor. If anyone realized this- Bret never went after Shawn Michaels but went after Vince. Giving you the idea that , in fact, Shawn acted on orders from Vince. This was Vince's way of getting even with Bret for leaving during his contract. Now I don't know what wrestling is like these days but if Vince is still pulling stunts like the Undertaker kidnapping his daughter then it probably is not worth my time. Having Steve Austin save ( I think her name is Stephanie but I am not sure ) his daughter made me just want to gag. If anyone can think back to Survivor Series ( I think it was 1997 ) and add to this it would be appreciated. Also give me an idea of what it is like today. Is it worth watching? Be honest please. I trusting you guys to give me the scoop.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Well as I said, I have not followed in quite a while. But if I remember, Bret Hart was to leave the WWF for WCW after the match. Bret ( I guess ) felt as though he was leaving and retiring as World Heavyweight Champion of the WWF. It got a lot of play. I remember Bret Hart spit in Vince McManon's face right after the match saying you screwed me. This isn't the way it was suppose to go down. The fact the Shawn Michaels beat Bret with the Bret's sharpshooter move also didn't set right with Bret. In an interview with ( then SportsChannel's ) Chet Coppick, Bret stated flatly that it was not suppose to finish that way. He told Chet that Vince (who didn't want to sign Bret to such a long term deal. I think it was a 15 year deal ) was mad that less than a year after signing the deal Bret wanted out of the deal. But Bret did not like the way the WWF had promoted sex as oppose to wrestling ( a part I happen to agree with Bret 100% ) and wanted out and agreed to go to WCW for less than half that contract. Bret went through the entire match with Chet Coppick and was told that it was suppose to finish with a double-countout ( or a draw ). He would retire as Champion and they would have a round-robin tournament ( like Wrestlemania IV ) to determine the next Champion. But then when the sharpshooter was slap on him as they both appeared to be down ( and supposedly out ) it caught Bret off-guard and in fact he tapped out just based on the surprise factor. If anyone realized this- Bret never went after Shawn Michaels but went after Vince. Giving you the idea that , in fact, Shawn acted on orders from Vince. This was Vince's way of getting even with Bret for leaving during his contract. Now I don't know what wrestling is like these days but if Vince is still pulling stunts like the Undertaker kidnapping his daughter then it probably is not worth my time. Having Steve Austin save ( I think her name is Stephanie but I am not sure ) his daughter made me just want to gag. If anyone can think back to Survivor Series ( I think it was 1997 ) and add to this it would be appreciated. Also give me an idea of what it is like today. Is it worth watching? Be honest please. I trusting you guys to give me the scoop.

With Survivor Series, I know it wasnt screwed...if you see the ending when it all happened you can tell Bret was shocked to hear HBK's music when he had broke the sharp shooter...Bret had the title and the match against HBK was going to be his last before going to WCW...he didnt want to lose to shawn and vice versa...bret especially didnt want to lose to shawn in Canada, where the Survivor Series took place. Vince was worried Bret would take the title to WCW and try and embarass WWF, which was a legit concern although I dont think the Hitman is that kind of guy. Vince came up with the idea while he, Brisco, and HBK were in a hotel room and Shawn agreed...thats how the whole thing began...even JR and the King didnt know...thats another reason you can tell it wasnt set up...when it happened JR and the King were obviously unaware of this just by listening to their commentary...when it happened there was a pretty long pause...Earl Hebner, who refed the match, knew about it and you will never again see a ref leave the ring that fast...he had a car waiting for him outside...with wrestling today, i just really began rewatching and paying attention more about the time they went back to USA...maybe its me but it seems a little bit more fake now...i dont know if its that im older or if its stupid things like the whole Tim White suicide situations or Shaq hitting Carlito today...and it seems like most of the headliners are people who'll be retiring soon...people like John Cena vs. Batista isnt the same caliber as SCSA vs. the Rock...i think they need new star power of that caliber to do even better...with that said i still think WWE TV is good again but can and I think will get better...WWE has proved once that when their is competition they will prevail and with TNA trying to compete and UFC also they'll get it straight

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back