• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Speaking of nightmares...

drew70

...I've been getting creeped out lately. Seriously not joking here.

It started about a month ago. Not on a dark and stormy night, but in the bright afternoon sunshine, as I was mowing the lawn. It's a big lawn, about 3 acres. I was cruizing along on my Craftsman LT1000, mesmerized by the drone of the 21 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine, when suddenly I felt a chill run down me. I had the distinct feeling that if I turned around, I'd see a man standing there, grinning at me. I turned and looked, and of course, nothing was there.

A few nights later something similar happened at the office. I'm the only one who works evenings around here, and sometimes I turn off the overhead florescents, and rely on the floodlights from the Homeland Security building next door. I got up from my cube and started walking toward the breakroom, when that same chill hit me. An unreasoning fear that as soon as I walk around the corner, that man will be standing there, grinning at me. This time, in my mental picture of him, I could see his face. It was a crazed look, bereft of any reason at all. But it was an oddly familiar face and it only took me a second to place it. This is where it gets really weird. It was the face of Shemp, from the Three Stooges, as it appears in the opening credits, alongside Moe and Larry. He's got this crazy, idiotic grin with his eyes open wide. I know this sounds like I'm joking, and God help me, I wish I were. I no longer turn the lights out here at the office.

It's getting bad now. When I arrive home from work, the woods are dark and scary. I hold my head down, because I don't want to see Shemp learing at me from the shed doorway. Inside the house, I avoid looking at the windows for the same reason. In my mind, I know nothing's there, but that knowledge just doesn't seem to help. I can't seem get a grip on my overactive imagination. Though I haven't actually seen anything, this stupid fear that sooner or later I will actually hallucinate literally gives me gooseflesh from head to toe. I'm starting to think I'm in serious need of a checkup from the neck up. Anybody ever experienced anything like this? I imagine some are thinking this is really stupid, and I have no argument to refute it. I just wish I knew how to stop it.

Could be a warning sign of some sort (medical not supernatural)....
A check up might be a good idea....

(and you have no idea how I wanted to do a graphic here, but you seem so shaken that I just couldn't, Bro)

Go get looked at.... :shock:

LOL. You're a good friend, Venray. You can post the graphic. I've tried repeatedly watching the one episode I have recorded (Hugs and Mugs) and it seems to neither help nor hurt. Seeing Shemp on the screen won't shake me up. Seeing him grinning at me from the dark bathroom doorway at 3 am is another story. Actually admitting my fear publically has helped considerably.

Drew, even though Shemp died years ago, you could easily take on his zombie corpse or him in real life.

Perhaps Shemp is just a manifestation of the real thing that is creeping you out since you are an avid 3 Stooges fan. BTW, I just finished downloading the 16 minute episode of Space Ship Sappy. :dogpile:

Your mind was searching for a someone/something that had characteristics/qualities that were close to what you were afraid of.

My guess is the willies won't go away until you figure out what is the root fear and confront it.

Commonalities I noticed in where you got the willies are: Big open spaces (your yard, your office, the woods), and you were alone. Perhaps this figures into it.

I agree with both Ray and rajee. Get a physical and be sure there's no underlying medical cause. If there isn't, I'd keep track of when and where this is occurring. It could be something as simple as a childhood memory that got triggered and won't go away until you acknowledge it. If it's the latter, I know a couple tricks to help it surface. But, the phsical comes first. If nothing comes up there, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll explain more.

Ann

I tend to worry more about the friends I never met.

Annie Rajee & Ray 'nailed it' brother.a small 'look see' into what's bothering you is in Order IMHO...I want you around so We can FINALLY Meet over a Beer in Joyeous Fellowship.

I think it's time to leave the stage to the professionals while ALL us loving amatures cheer you on from the wings.

Take Courage, my friend. :Hyrdrogen
BUG

<center>

stooge11sk.gif

:yowzer: :yowzer: :yowzer:

I am most greatful for the advice. I will contact my HMO Monday and schedule a complete physical.

Ray, that pic is hilarious. Looks like Larry is missing some hair. Moe must have finally pulled it all out. :blaugh: Thanks for the chucks, bro!

(In a monotone robotic reply):

Yes. I am having nightmares too. I just don't know what to do about it other than to ask for God's grace and willingness to spare me from such evil.

I liked it much better than cats.

Cheers.

P.M.S. Drew, you amaze me. :p

I hope your nightmares end too, Moses. :bouncybou :couch: :D :woot: :wavingguy :angel: :fish:

dude, it could be stress related....ive seen a couple wacky things when im stressed out but i am in no way, shape or form "looney tunes". having said that, a check up is never a bad idea, but if zombie shemp IS stalking you let me know, i have a 12 gauge shotgun and ive won every resident evil video game there is , i got yer back bro!...lol..........peace......BLUE_THUNDER

Yep, I'd say a medical check couldn't hurt. It could be some version of anxiety attacks. Could be something else. Then again it might be nothing at all, and go away on its own with a little talking and a little time. But hashing it out with a professional won't do any harm no matter what the cause is.

drew70 said:
I am most greatful for the advice. I will contact my HMO Monday and schedule a complete physical.

Ray, that pic is hilarious. Looks like Larry is missing some hair. Moe must have finally pulled it all out. :blaugh: Thanks for the chucks, bro!

Keep us posted, Bro....let us know how it all works out...

R

Ray told me about his Stooges pic tonight after seeing the framed picture in my back room of the original opening credits with Curly.
Drew, I hope everything works out for you, and as Shemp would say:

"Heebeebeebeebeebeebeebee!!!!!!!"

(and my hearing has gotten a lot better since NEST)

Drew ;)

Again, thanks to all who have offered advice. Special thanks to those who've contributed to the unique therapy which seems to have turned out to be a lot of fun for most, myself included.

I believe I may have found and confronted what was bothering me.

I took a good hard look at my routine, and was rather shocked to notice, I spend almost all of my waking time alone. I wake up, and my wife has already gone to work. I putter around the house alone until I go to work around 3 pm. The row of cubes in which I work is empty by that time. There are others on the floor, but I don't interact with them regularly, except for the standard occasional, "hey, how's it going?" After a couple of hours they are gone, and then it's just me all evening, sometimes until 3 am, if I'm working an issue. Even if I get home early, which for me is around 10-11 pm, the little woman is already asleep. I don't wake her because she has a hard time falling back asleep again.

Over the years, I've always prized whatever solitude I could get in life, but now I think I'm overdosing on it. This long holiday weekend, I've spent a lot of time not only with the wife, but with friends and neighbors as well. We hosted a great outdoor party on Sunday, with old friends I don't often see.

I haven't experienced the fear but once in the last week or so since I started this thread. I think the combination of actually confessing my fear pubically along with making an effort to be with more people is proving to have a positive affect. The recent appearances of Shemp on the forum, seen by many, not just myself, also helped considerably. It helped but this entire Shemp thing into it's proper perspective.

So again, thanks. I really do feel honored and privileged to be a part of this community where there are people that actually care about each other. I'll never forget the lengths that the folks here went to in an attempt to help me out. I don't say it enough, so let me be really clear here. One couldn't ask for a better group of friends. You guys are the best. :grouphug:

Drew

I'm glad that you've been able to manage this fear, and
to discover possible reasons it's manifesting, along with
ways to overcome it. Hope it all continues to go well for
you!

Lee

(Would it have been creepier if the Shemp you were
seeing was saying "tickle, tickle!"?)

Lee

drew sweets.. i didn't know about this since i've been gone..do get a check up, but i have to tell you i've had those sort of nightmares also..you know how to reach me hon.. so this is why all the shemp crap...

LeeAllure said:
(Would it have been creepier if the Shemp you were
seeing was saying "tickle, tickle!"?)

Lee

Give me a minute or two..... :veryhappy

Glad things are calming down for you, Drew. I hope you're still going to get that check-up, though. It can't hurt.

Ann

BTW - If Shemp saying tickle tickle doesn't help, perhaps some of US can say it...and DO it? :firedevil

Heh, I never saw this thread. This explains a lot. Well it was funny while it lasted.

What's New

4/30/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back