• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The creeping thing called "death"

Bohemianne

Verified
While millions talk about death, it never had enough impact on me until someone closer faced the cruel lashes of cancer in its 4th stage.

My sister in-law wasted away before my very eyes. When you think someone in the highlight of her youth & career at 39, slim, attractive, fair, flawless, and dynamic will not be easily vulnerable, I saw her for the first time: thin as skeleton, skull piercing her face, armpits wrinkled, lips chapped, eyes jaundiced, and skin with dark clotted spots... Her body from chest downwards were inflamed, belly, legs and thighs all swollen. It'll make you think she's fat. The monitoring device screamed angrily.

I can stand the physical deterioration, but I can't stand the rapid struggle to breath and the agonizing cries for a glass of water. JUST A GLASS OF WATER! The doctor's can't allow to grant her. I hid behind to wipe some drop of tears.

She died and will be buried tomorrow.

When someone is healthy and strong, it's easy to hurt them... Why because the word "sorry" lasts forever?

I am so very sorry for her, for your loss, and your family's, though at least she's now at peace, I hope that's some comfort.

I saw that with a friend in her late 20's years ago, it's unthinkable,
and she warned me
she thought junk food, over years, was probably responsible in her case.
The doctor also didn't catch the colon cancer in time -- yes, in a young woman -- because of her age & gender. They didn't even look until after it spread.

I know the reasons can be so very different with each person,
and many with no family history, some just terrible flukes,
some environmental, some grew up with smokers or smoked themselves,

but a post like this is also definitely a wake-up call to everyone else as well
not to take anything for granted.

-------There are so reports now about junk food and sugar, esp. in soft drinks, and the diet sodas are plastic --
and what they do to a body

Though as you say sometimes these happenings make no sense, your sister-in-law was healthy,
hopefully this post of yours will be a wake-up call to someone else
to get check ups, exercise and eat healthy to try to avoid this
Early detection alone has saved so many lives ----

Again I'm so sorry, but also thank you for sharing this and perhaps saving someone else, so this pain is not for nothing after all.
I'm sure many people will be thinking of you today, and hoping you all find peace.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Most people are insulated from the horrible ravagaes of cancer and haven't seen what you've described. We need to appreciate good health while we've got it.

Thanks for the comforting words.

My first active postings recently started with humor, just as I always like antics, but deep inside it's directly proportional to the amount of sadness concealed between the lines... It happens to many people.

It's an eye opener... Life goes on...The show must go on.

ah i'm truly sorry also...i know what it's like to watch a loved one waste away before your very eyes...i took care of my father his last eleven days on earth...it's so sad...

you sound like a sensitive soul....

Most people don't let themselves out of their happy shell until they lost.
Most don't even after.
Don't be like them.

Cry, laugh, feel, breath, get angry, express it. Take in the pain and the pleasures of life, however few of them there may be.

I feel your pain. It's one I share. I'm watching my mom go through all of this. It rips my heart out at times...especially when I think of the fact that she'll likely suffer much more before it's over.

Rejoice for your sister-in-law. She's at peace, still with you in spirit. Death can't take our loved ones away. It can only force us to stop taking their presence for granted.

Thanks for the comforting words.

My first active postings recently started with humor, just as I always like antics, but deep inside it's directly proportional to the amount of sadness concealed between the lines... It happens to many people.

It's an eye opener... Life goes on...The show must go on.

I lost a brother to cancer seven years ago and i know how gut wrenching it is to see a loved one go through that.My heart goes out to you and anyone with a friend or family member going through something like this.

I can only give you my deepest sympathies on this subject. I lost a grandfather to cancer and it was really difficult at the time. One comfort is that they're no longer in pain and they're in a much better place. My condolences go to your entire family.

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back