• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone have experience with Intensive Outpatient Therapy?

chicago

Would like to hear any feedback on your experience - how it helped or didn't.

Something I'm looking into for myself.

What type of therapy? If you’re talking about counseling or psychotherapy, yes, I do have experience with it. Both as a client and I’m currently in grad school for it now.

It was very beneficial for me. The trick is finding the right counselor that uses a theory that works for you. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions :)

Ah! Okay. Mine was for PTSD and trauma related. I do have several close friends/family members that have participated in outpatient. All except for one had a successful experience. If your insurance will help then it’s something I would highly recommend. Just make sure you’re surrounding yourself with those that are supportive and encouraging. It’s a good time to cut out those that are toxic and hurtful.

It’s a great chance to make yourself a priority. It’s tough, but stick with it. You’re worth it and you deserve to be happy and healthy :) You matter!

Ah! Okay. Mine was for PTSD and trauma related. I do have several close friends/family members that have participated in outpatient. All except for one had a successful experience. If your insurance will help then it’s something I would highly recommend. Just make sure you’re surrounding yourself with those that are supportive and encouraging. It’s a good time to cut out those that are toxic and hurtful.

It’s a great chance to make yourself a priority. It’s tough, but stick with it. You’re worth it and you deserve to be happy and healthy :) You matter!

Thank you. Been hard getting insurance. I'm trying for Medicaid. Here's hoping.

Thank you for your insight <3

Two tangental experiences, so my input may not be as helpful as others.

One was helpful, one was not. It was largely influenced by each person's attitude towards it. The unsuccessful one simply manipulated the therapy to "get through it" and returned to the behavior as soon as they were out of the program. That person was not really involved in the decision to join. The successful one was an active participant who was truly wanting some help.

Three guesses which of the two has continued to thrive, and which one is a personified train wreck...

Similar sentiments I've heard from my own shrink. He says my prognosis is good. I'm just in a tough spot right now.

Thank you for all the replies.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back