• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Contemplation (Love Hina)

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
This is my first 'regular' picture in quite some time. Its also only
the second time I've drawn this character. And on top of that, I
haven't been drawing much at all, so it may or may not look subpar
in quality. I like it and am happy with it though.

This is of course Motoko Aoyama, from Love Hina, contemptlating
about so many different things. Like school, her life, her friends,
her sister, love, and Keitaro. So I simply call this
one "Contemplation".

Her left shoulder looks higher up, and thats because I was going to
draw her in a different pose and I ended up not changing it somehow.
As for her hands, they are just clasped together. It might seem like
her left hand is reaching into the arm of the other sleave, but
thats just draping. I never was good with that sort of thing. Meh.
I'll get better.

Enjoy.

And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, living and dead! ^___^

Motoko_Aoyama-_Contemplation.jpg

Nice picture. I'd probably have more good things to say about it if I didn't hate Love Hina so much. :)

Well drawn, particularly the drapery -- nicely contoured.

@ DuBobO- Thanks. :)

To each his own. I didn't initially like the way Neon Genesis Evangelion was going because the first few episodes were slow-paced and sort of just trailed on. Hardly any action. What a mistake it would have been not buy it though. I have a 6th sense about what I consider 'good' or 'quality' anime, and all the animes I've seen I own and bought on little more than blind faith, a preview, and that gut feeling that it was good. I'm better off for it because Evangelion is one of those rare animes that can really make an impact if you let it. Love Hina is the same way, dispite it's simplistic plot.

And I knew Love Hina would be great because I have and had read the entire manga before I bought the series. So I had time to get used to it, and adapt to the change of style and genre. One must if they are to be able to watch and like different types of anime.

But then again, some animes will just not be someone's cup of tea. And thats ok. I don't care for DBZ, for example. Its stupid and generic, and the art style and plot were subpar. Its been so domesticated that its not funny. Its like its not even an anime, more like a cartoon just drawn a different way. Japanese animation is more than just about a difference in art style. Any otaku would know that. But enough from me about it. :)

@ UNO- Thanks. But funny, I find the drapery the weakest point. :p

Last edited:
Cool pic Celtic. Especially like the highlites in the hair. I do have to admit that I haven't seen the "Love Hina" anime though.

Thanks alot. :) Yeah, the hair is always fun with Love Hina characters since the hair styles and designed for each character is pretty elaborate and detailed, especially in the official artwork. Its as if each strand of hair or even a single hair is meticulously placed and each style adds to the personality of the character in some way. The hair is very important when drawing Love Hina characters, and if you can't get the hair right it could potentially ruin the overall look of the picture.

Motoko's hair always stands out well because its black. She, her sister Tsuruko, and Kanako have black hair. So drawing them will be fun too.

I plan to eventually draw all of the characters, major and minor, and maybe even draw a parody or two. :)

Finally, Love Hina is a romantic comedy. So if you like a story about childhood promises, destiny, love, and a dash of perverted behavior then Love Hina is definitely worth a watch. I'd recommend it despite the genre. Its a solid, well-rounded series with lovable characters you can relate to. I'm more than glad to have it in my collection. ^___^

:D Like I said in Anime forum it is a very nice drawing CE. ^___ ^ :D You have an amazing ability to draw characters from memory. I believe your perfectionalism is a gift and a curse . :p :D

You said something over there too? I didn't know that. Its pretty slow over there, not much activity. So its easy for replies to slip through the craps sometimes. I'll give it a look.

EDIT: I misunderstood. I thought you meant the ATF, not the anime forum here. My bad. LOL

As far as the characters and my ability, thanks. Thats a really nice compliment. I can see how perfectionalism could be a problem, but I'm smart enough to take it one step at a time. I don't demand of myself something that isn't physically possible just yet. I don't torment myself over it. The satisfaction for me comes in the revelation that I know whatever I want to see with my art will happen and will be a reality sooner or later, and its usually sooner.

In some ways or in more ways its more about constantly raising the bar than it is about perfection. Some people become complacent with their art and settle on something when they are capable of so much more. I guess if my art gets any extra kind of attention or praise its because of how I deal with it. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve it, but then realize I do because I go the extra mile, whether anyone sees that or not.

Man, every time you say something like this Rajee it turns into a session of "Inside The Actor's Studio"! LOL

I feel like I'm being interviewed by you on one of my movies. LOL :D

Last edited:
Good picture CE. Your certainly right on the hair comment, each character has their own unique "look". Kitsune has her short cut style, Naru with the antenna hair thingies, etc...

You did a good job on this pic in all areas. Keep up the excellent work amigo!

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back