• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Little assistance with a story, please

Ickis

TMF Poster
I wrote a story – not the worst one, I hope.

The only problem is that English isn’t my native language. I corrected all the mistakes I could find, but I assume that there are plenty of them remained – articles, tenses, punctuation etc.
So, can anyone be so kind to read the story before I post it here? It’s a quirky F/F, and it’s relatively large – 7 pages of the medium size font.

And one more question – is there a limit of a post size? I looked up the FAQ and the forum’s info, but I couldn’t find such details. So, can my entire text of 5.250 words (almost 30.000 letters) fit one post, or should I split it into separate chapters?

I don't know the word or character limit but you should be well within it for a post.

There's nothing wrong with posting your story in its native language. You could post both variants in the same thread.

I don't think anyone will mind if it has some issues here and there, given english isn't your native language. You could just post it with a short preamble that english isn't your primary language and that people may offer assistance over issues here and there, if you're concerned. Most everyone here is pretty accommodating.

Threads in here don't get a lot of views if you wanted to avoid too many eyes at first, and work on it here. If you post in this thread I'll try to remember to come back and help you with it.

My main concern now is the style, I just want my text look natural enough.

For instance, is it possible to say “a pert bellybutton”, or this adjective is irrelevant describing something of concave shape? I’ve looked up all the dictionaries, but couldn’t find the answer. Would it be proper to use “abdomen” instead of “stomach”, and can it be taut? Can “the other day” mean yesterday as well? I have no confidence here.

But well, perhaps you are right and some mistakes wouldn’t spoil the impression too much. I’ll just read my text through once again to tweak a few sentences, and post it here.

Your stomach/abdomen question is, hm, difficult, so I understand your confusion. The thing is that the stomach refers to both an organ and a general area of the body. Abdomen, I feel, refers to the same general area and the definition seems to agree with that analysis. My personal opinion is that you can probably use stomach/belly/abdomen interchangeably. There might be some very fine difference between these terms that I'm not recognizing, but I think you're generally ok. I'm sure someone out there has a reason as to why you would use one of those words in a specific situation.

Short answer, you're fine there. I think you can use taut in that example as well.

You can use pert to describe belly button. I admit I had to look up the definition. The definition I came to did not mention anything about concave but rather described the subject in question as chic or stimulating (which I would assume can also mean appealing). I think its fine as a adverb, but Im not sure Im coming to the same definition you are.

This is what I read:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pert

The other day can refer to yesterday, but generally the other day is technically broader in scope whereas yesterday is a specific time frame in regards to the current day. Usually people throw out "the other day," when they don't know the day but it was sometime recent.

This is the sense of language that native speakers have. At English courses, the teacher could praise my essay, but after that all the text was in the red marks – articles, prepositions, tenses – some I didn’t know right, some merely overlooked.

Well, my text now in the Post Stories, named ‘Вe the Оne - F/F, all over, light erotic’.
I hope it’s not too bad.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back