• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The first ballgame you ever attended?

Knox The Hatter

2nd Level Indigo Feather
Mine would be a doubleheader at Yankee Stadium in 1967, against the "Impossible Dream" Red Sox. It was a very gray day, and I sat there with my dad, and my uncle, who was (and still is) one of the world's great chatterboxes. This, I imagine, was a special year for Red Sox fans, not the least of which was the fact that in this pennant season, the Yankees were as far from being a factor in the race as they'd ever been...Boston fought with Minnesota, Chicago, and Detroit in a four-way race at the end.

Mickey Mantle was in the outfield that day, surrounded by some very strange, very inferior faces in that Yankee lineup, in those sad post-dynasty days.

Knox, my first game, again withouth benefit of any specifics, was in 1952, I think. My Dad and Granddaddy took my on a train from Corbin, Kentucky to Cincinnati, Ohio. I was about 5 or so and I remember having to wear brand new shoes and they really hurt, lol. We went to old Crosley field which was very close to the train station. I don't remember much about the game but I remember that was my first game experience. Lol, I remembr as much about the train ride as I do about the game, and those new shoes.

My first game was at Cincinnati. My father was a beer distributer when the Reds were sponsored by Stroh's beer. I think I was around ten years old and had the time of my life for a little kid. I got to meet the players and got an autographed ball which was chewed up by my dog Doodles about two weeks later. The second greatest memory of that day was my mom yelling at my dad. She was holding me over the toilet while I was barfing too many hot dogs, candy, and warm cokes. I still would not trade that day for anything.

I have a hard time remembering this. I don't recall going to any games when I was really young. The first game that I remember being at was the 1977 All Star Game with my father at Yankee Stadium. I remember it was a blazing hot night, in the middle of a heat wave, and the temperature was about 105 degrees at 8pm at night. As I recall, we didn't stay the whole game, due to the heat.
If I went to another baseball game before that, I don't remember it, but the 77 All Star game, when I was 7, stands out as my first one.

Mitch

My first major league baseball game was during the 1956 season when my parents took my brother and me to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees host the Tigers. I remember being impressed by the sheer size of the place, but I can't remember who won.

I was 9 years old. The year was 1976. I was holding up the light stansions on a Sunday afternoon at Shea Stadium. The Mets were taking on the San Francisco Giants. I would love to say that the New York Mets won but I would be lying. I would love to say that the Mets were actually in the game, but again I would be lying. I would love to say it was competitive but one more time, I would be lying. Final score from Shea Stadium in 1976 the San Francisco Giants 11 - New York Mets 1. In fact, the first 8 times I went to Shea Stadium the Mets lost. :eek:

Those following seasons after that, Gee, the Mets were pretty putrid, so if those next eight games coincided with the managership of the man Yankee fans have ludicrously nicknamed 'St Joe', it was pretty understandable. I guess Jackson Todd might've started a couple of those games? :D

in 1979 i attended my very first professional baseball game. and it was game three of the world series. between the pittsburgh pirates and the baltimore orioles.. that was the year of the pirates, their theme song being we are family. it started raining in about the fourth inning, but because we were in the nose bleed section we were covered by an awning and didnt have to seek shelter. the rain quit the play resumed.. all my favorite players were playing.. willie stargell, dave parker, kent foley, something garner, heck i cant remember his first name but wow did i ever have a crush on him. now he manages a baseball team. phil garner it just came to me. and how stupid of me, but i dont remember who won that game that night, but the pirates went on to win the series..

isabeau

Dont recall year but it was at origional comiskey, major league baseball for nintento came out, it was california angels vs sox and i saw jim abbot warm up in the angels pen with his no hand

Barefoot Kicker

:wow: I was 10 and my father took me to see the St. Louis Cardinals football team vs. the Philadelphia Eagles that when football was played out doors like it should be, in the cold. At the time Stl was winning by 1 point at half time. The Eagles brought in their BAREFOOT kicker; I only remember his last name Franklin. He attempted a 55 yard kick in the cold with the wind blowing in his face.

The kick went wide to the right by 3 feet. That was the best football game I ever seen. and StL lost no surprise

I remember it well... a chilly night in Toronto at the old Exhibition stadium in 1985. My dad and I had awesome seats about ten rows back of third base, as the Jays were doing battle with the Tigers. It was a pitchers duel between lefty Jimmy Key for the Jays and Morris pitching for the Tigers. Had the game been solved in nine innings, Key would have had a no-hitter! I believe it was the bottom of the eleventh inning when Catcher Buck Martinez hit the game winning home run... 2-0 Blue Jays, yay!! :happyfloa

That season the Jays won their first division title, ah the memories :D

Yo, Louie, that kicker would've been Tony Franklin. He later kicked for the Patriots as well.

My first NFL game came rather late. I was 22. I saw the Eagles host the Giants at the Vet. I went with my best friend, basically because I had nothing better to do that afternoon, and there were tickets available. Not surprising, since the Eagles at that time had gone deep into the post-Vermeil, pre-Braman/Buddy Ryan trough. And as far as the Giants were concerned, well, we figured neither team would actually WIN the game, it was more like, which team would not lose. Well, the Giants didn't lose. That day, a somewhat obscure Giants back named Butch Woolfolk carried the ball like forty six times, setting some kind of a record. What mattered to me, really, was my Redskins winning that day, like they did a lot of Sundays that year.
My best friend (a long suffering Jets fan) and I laughed as the "give me an E, give me an A" cheer shouted out on the Phanavision board, and all the Eagles fans in the Vet booed in unison. Something they do rather well...

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back