• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The TMF, the First Amendment, and You

ticklishgiggle said:
This just in....

You're not supposed to PM people without permission in the chatroom.

I just thought I'd help all of you that were confused.

<b>Edit</b>

Apparently people are still confused...
I don't usually send PM's to people. Why is that a rule?

Aachen1983 said:

I have no idea. I never cared if people PMed me without asking.

I just ignore the ones I don't want to talk to.

Aachen1983 said:

I think the rule is not to send "PCs" to people in the chatroom without permission. That's the forum's version of an instant message, whereas a PM is the forum's version of email, sort of.

And I assume the rule to not send PCs without permission is to prevent someone who is trying to participate in the chat from being unable to even see the chat because of all the damn windows popping up all over the place.

I speak only from when I used to visit but that was months ago. May not be that way now.

Aachen1983 said:

That is a rule because a lot of people get bumped out of the chat room by PM's, or they cause the room to freeze on them. So unsolicited PM's can really be a major problem for some users....so we ask that no one PM's without permission so no one gets needlessly bumped out of the room.

It's also just good manners and respectful. ;)

Mimi

Mimi said:
That is a rule because a lot of people get bumped out of the chat room by PM's, or they cause the room to freeze on them. So unsolicited PM's can really be a major problem for some users....so we ask that no one PM's without permission so no one gets needlessly bumped out of the room.

Mimi
Oh Ok, fair enough. I never go into the chat room, so no problems there.

Mimi said:

Mimi
BTW, love the sig. Queen was an awesome band, even if they were before my time.

Thanks Aachen. :)

For the record, it IS fine to PM on the forum without prior permission. It is only PC's in the chat room that we try to encourage folks to seek approval before shooting off a PC. I should have clarified better. Thanks, lk. ;)

Mimi

stloldg said:
My suggestion to eradicate most of these problems is for the Mod that removed the threat should PM the person that started the issue and explain why it was moved, modified, or deleted. As an network administrator of a company I have to do these things from time to time and I take the time to send a email to the offender to explain why it was done.

The vast majority of the time, if I've had something of mine deleted, I've gotten an explanation.

The mods, for the most part, have been very fair with me here. I am on unrelated forums, and on one in particular, the administrator (who I'm on a telephone basis with; a man in the Atlanta area about two or three crullers short of a box of Dunkin' Donuts who has enough guns in his house to turn the tide in Iraq), has seen fit to give moderatorship to a friend of his who, it seems, has no interest in the subject of the forum, if only so he could play 'bad cop'. We don't have that here. Think about that, folks...

By the way, this is my 3500th post. As we speak, I've put a little candle in the middle of a corn muffin, and lit it :wowzer:

Last edited:
What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back