• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do the Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy movies have in common?

Sandrock74

4th Level Green Feather
It was announced today that Thanos the mad titan will be the villain in both films!

YE HAW!!!

I've lost total faith in Marvel's comics, but I want to make hot, passionate love to their movies. :bow:

Thanos, my favorite Marvel villain of all time.

The first comic I ever bought was The Infinity Gauntlet 1.

I saw Spiderman on the cover, didn't know much about comics. I loved it, especially George Perez's intricate artwork. I wish he had finished the set, but he left at
issue 4. The Infinity Gauntlet saga will probably be the main story of Avengers 2.

Thanos is pretty much the end-all-be-all villain at Marvel! He's a threat on a universal level and he's in love with the cosmic personification of Death. He's strong enough to fight Thor AND the Thing hand-to-hand at the same time....and he even has a one seat yellow helicopter with his name emblazoned on the side! Whats not to love??

This will tell you everything you need to know about Thanos http://www.the-isb.com/?p=76

...and he has a genius level intellect, plus, what many villains don't have, a deep knowledge of metaphysics and other such spiritual things.

I hope to hell they 1) get a good actor to voice him, and 2) get him right. Because it's Marvel, I have high hopes.
But I was concerned, because at the end of The Avengers, he looked great...but you could see his eyes - in the comic, they were always blacked in shadow.
..and I thought they looked kind of stupid. Here's hoping he kicks ass, and the universe after.

And a bigger note, I'm FINE with them throwing out the Infinity Gauntlet comic book story, and doing it totally different, even though they've stuck to the basics in their movies
thus far. The Avengers were basically cameos in the original comic book, not having much impact on anything at all, except to be a distraction.

After building up these great actors, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Hemsworth, etc........I don't think fans will wait two years to watch them be hanging around in the background.

No, they want Chris Evans to heroically challenge Thanos, and Robert Downey Jr. to engage him in his wonderful cockyness, with Thanos responding back in turn. (And I don't know
if they want to pay a few guys $20 million each to stand in the background.....)

I was hoping Michael Clark Duncan could voice Thanos, because he had a very deep voice. Add some reverb to it, or some rumble, and Thanos would sound spooky!

I always loved the storyline where Thanos was going to snuff out the sun. It took the Avengers, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, the Thing, and Spider-Man to defeat Thanos...and even then, it was just barely! Heck, Thanos killed Warlock. That would make a cool movie!

Thanos is pretty much the end-all-be-all villain at Marvel!

Yeh , pretty much. Thanos is THE uberbadass of the Marvel U.

In fact , just about the only person Thanos need worry about besting him ... is himself! Adam Warlock breaks it down :

InfinityGauntlet5p34.jpg

InfinityGauntlet5p35.jpg

I was hoping Michael Clark Duncan could voice Thanos, because he had a very deep voice. Add some reverb to it, or some rumble, and Thanos would sound spooky!

In the absence of the great MCD, would Christopher Lee suffice? He certainly has the deep voice that I've always imagined Thanos to have, but he's getting a bit old, poor fellow.

Anyhow, I hope audiences approve of Thanos when he does appear. For a villain of his stature, he doesn't seem to have much attention outside of comic fans, which is a shame.

Anyhow, I hope audiences approve of Thanos when he does appear. For a villain of his stature, he doesn't seem to have much attention outside of comic fans, which is a shame.

Truthfully, he has no reason to be known outside of comicbook fans. Where has he ever appeared outside of comics? A few episodes of the short lived Silver Surfer animated series? The Super Hero Squad cartoon? This is the "big break out role" for Thanos. Being the main villain in two of Marvels films? Right now, in Hollywood, you couldn't dream of a larger position! I think Thanos is going to get his "mainstream" recognition for the scary badass he is! If his role is played right, he may become Marvel's #1 villain in the eyes of the world from this point on; Doctor Doom and Magneto may have to each take a step or two back!

Then Thanos can jump into his yellow helicopter and fly off into the sunset.

Thanos is pretty much the end-all-be-all villain at Marvel! He's a threat on a universal level and he's in love with the cosmic personification of Death. He's strong enough to fight Thor AND the Thing hand-to-hand at the same time....and he even has a one seat yellow helicopter with his name emblazoned on the side! Whats not to love??

This will tell you everything you need to know about Thanos http://www.the-isb.com/?p=76

He is a major bad ass,but flies around in a yellow helicopter? :laughhard:

Now,if he flew in a Hind helicopter,I'd respect him. :p

Now,if he flew in a Hind helicopter,I'd respect him. :p

That's just how confident he is in his own badassery/evilness. He knows flying around in a yellow helicopter still makes him threatening.

And don't forget his schoolyard bully pushing of the boy while calling him a brat. Thats some major badassery there!

That's just how confident he is in his own badassery/evilness. He knows flying around in a yellow helicopter still makes him threatening.

True that. Also, with his name emblazoned on the helicopter, everyone knows to stay out of his way!

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back