• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Which genre of music artists are truly rich???

jediofthefeet

TMF Expert
I found out back in the 80's that rappers don't make the money it appears they make. And that article was fully supported in the 90's when rap group, The Roots, made their video "What They Do". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTPM4aUDW8

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/new...tyle-borrowed-chains-133705163-us-weekly.html

Here is how Taylor Swift makes her money.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleydunlap/how-does-taylor-swift-make-her-money#.hbzZMYNo4

Personally, I think pop music and especially, country music artists, are the richest ones. Faith Hill and Garth Brooks have so much money, they live far away from civilization, and have a country store where they shop. Country music artists rarely have over-the-top music videos. One of my favorites is Alan Jackson's "Little Man".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBh-m1yTZS0

Pop music artists such as Britney Spears, sometimes have extremely showy, almost gaudy, music videos. But that is usually the extent of it. Their lifestyles are not that extreme.

What do you all think?

What does it profit a man, to gain the entire world, yet to lose his soul?

Remember, George: no man is a failure who has true friends.

I can tell you it's NOT theatre orchestra players :)

I would have guessed Country music as well - it seems to be more massive than ever at the moment and having a larger influence on other genres than previously.

A lot of 'diva' artists have made big money with residencies, such as Celine Dion/Mariah Carey/Bette Midler - presumably while simultaneously making some money through sales of their back catalogue/merchandise etc,

DJs possibly benefit from similar residency work

Some artists will write one song and live off its royalties for all eternity - a classic Christmas song will bring you in an annual bonus for example!

Rich? OR... maybe ego rich??? As I read, that a lot of them (rich and famous) have had nervous break down or have no natural gift of sound sleep...

Anyway, the thread calls for rich GENRE. Just my guess: it would be the genre with strictly 4/4 beat, with 90% looped percussion with some fill-in, love/hate lyrics, one with Part 1/2/3-chorus-bridge-fade template, and absolutely easy to produce. Easy money. So I vote for Pop.

It's not a genre thing per-se. The money in music is in publishing rights; the people who actually write the songs tend to get the most money.

Just a personal thought I was reckoning rock gods, back in the day iron maiden and Metallica used to fly their own jets on tour. Then you see the stage set ups and so on, in modern days chick out electric cellist tina guo and she's making fortunes, classical can ream it in too

Some Googled Net Worth:

Geniuses:

Mikael Akerfeldt = $3.8 M
Joe Satriani = $12 M
Mozart = died very poor (*&^%$#@!!!!)

^ Just why...why why less for them? :crash:

Popular:

Adam Levin = $50M
Britney Spears - $41M+
Taylor Swift = $80M
Jennifer Lopez = $300M

Doomed:

Adam Darski (Behemoth) = not known

They say the music industry is more a Machiavellian shark tank then Hollywood is. Rappers have notoriously been the victims of being conned into appalling deals. NWA were said to have some of the worst contracts in the history of the industry back in the day. There are few exceptions such as Jay Z, fifty cent ( I don't believe he's bankrupt) and puffy, however all these individuals are business men as well as artists and have won their freedom in calling there shots.

Anyone who can manage to make a living doing what they love is rich.

I think young male singers or groups make a lot of money. Girls buy everything from them ;)

Pop music is what I'm going into. Pop is usually the most catchy of songs. Every one knows Cry Me a River, everyone knows Toxic, everyone knows Smooth Criminal. I plan to follow the masses. I'd agree that country music is a close second if not first though.

That many people would assume that rappers make the most money is perhaps hardly surprising, considering they're the artists who have tended, at least in recent years anyway, to flaunt/boast about that stuff the most.

I agree with Strider that the question of whether or not the artist writes their own stuff makes a big difference. And then of course there are the 'artists' who make a shitload of money by turning themselves into a brand, or by being, as Bill Hicks used to put it, "suckers of satan's cock". lol

Jennifer Lopez = $300M

Yeah... She just can't get enough of that "big, scaly pecker". lol

(And the popularity of contemporary country/folk-pop continues to baffle me.) :shrug:

Surprised no one has said EDM artists like Diplo, Tiesto, Axwell, Ingrosso, Carl Cox, Skrillex, Deadmau5. These folk b rolling in it.

I think any artist or group that turns themselves into a brand (selling products other than their music / starting their own companies / crossing over to other types of entertainment like acting, etc) probably has a good shot at making a shit ton of money.

Of course, if you're good enough to last decades to half a century like The Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, that'll help, as well as starting your career when people actually purchased albums lol

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back