• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I wanna start drawing

Sir_Ribbit

TMF Poster
As the subject says, I wanna start drawing, but I really have no idea how to go about doing it...some sort of tips would be appreciated...thanks in advance

:D Start by practicing with basic shapes. Use the shapes to create body parts of people. Everything starts with the basics. :D

Yup. Like the man says.:D Reducing an object to its basic forms makes it easier to draw. Forms such as cubes, spheres, cones, and cylinders. Get its basic form down on paper and you have already drawn the greater part of it. All that remains to be done is to make the form more accurate and add details, texture, or light and shade. Try to have fun in the beginning. Stay loose. Don't get too worked up if everything doesn't come out perfect.

BasicShapes.jpg

Its good to see someone with an interest in art and in drawing. :) Was there any particular style or look you want to ultimately achieve some day? What you aim for may influence the learning method for you a bit or a lot depending on what you choose at first as a guide. From there you can branch out of course, but what you're aiming for in the short term may or may not have an influence on your developed style.

Eh, I'm not totally sure on the style, but I know what I want to eventually draw, which are anthros, or furries, whichever you prefer...I just gotta get my basics down...

Ah, in this case, might I suggest you take a look at japanese animation or manga as a source of reference? Most furry/anthro art is heavily inspired by anime anyway in some form.

And since it would have to do alot with a cross between humanoids and animals it would be good to study up on animals too. You can probably find artbooks of animals and animal poses and how to draw them anywhere.

Hey Ribbit,
I just read this post and I have to agree with everyone. First step to drawing is breaking it down to the basic shapes. Here's a few steps to how I was taught...but by no means is this the only way.
DrawingSteps.gif

1. This is called the "Line of Action." It pretty much is just a basic template showing the flow of the body whether it be running, sitting etc.

2. Next, you start drawing the shapes, which will probably be all circles. Heads, elbows, chests etc. Everything starts as a primitive shape.

3. Start fleshing the character out. Pretty much just start going in and putting in details, connecting the shapes together, like biceps to forearms and such. Also putting in details in the face.

4. Finishing touches, especially in the face. Pay special attention to the eyes, as they are the most important part of a character.

There are also two books out there that are very popular in this field. They are:
"The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams
"How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" by Stan Lee and John Buscema

Both are full of great tips from anatomy, to posing characters, etc. Great resources.

Well, hope this helps you out some. And actually when you get right down to it, there's not better resource then "practice." Ciao.

In one of my learn to draw books, the author specifically stated that you must, 'learn to walk before you can run.' What this means is, basically, you have to get the basics down before you can get more advanced.

Don't give up, nobody's perfect!

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back