• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

2009 Baseball Predictions

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
With the 2009 season about to start in a little over an hour with the game between the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, I figured I would start a thread discussing predictions for the 2009 seasons.

Divisions

NL East

1. Mets

2. Braves (Wild Card)

3. Phillies

4. Marlins

5, Nationals.

NL Central

1. Cubs

2. Cardinals.

3. Brewers

4. Reds.

5. Astros

6. Pirates.

NL West.

1. Dodgers

2. Dbacks

3. Giants

4. Rockies

5. Padres.

AL East.

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox (Wild Card)

3. Devil Rays.

4. Blue Jays

5. Orioles.

AL Central

1. Twins

2. Indians

3. White Sox

4. Royals.

5, Tigers

AL West.

1. Angels.

2. A's

3. Rangers

4. Mariners.

ALCS-Yankees defeat Red Sox.

NLCS-Mets defeat Dodgers.

World Series-Yankees defeat Mets

Here is how I see it: I think that last year's World Series particpants, the Rays and Phillies, will have comedowns after last season's incredible runs. The Mets are loaded, and now have probably the game's best closer in F Rod. The Yankees, after years of questionable pitching, will have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, if AJ Burnett can stay healthy. I believe that the Yankees and Mets will give us a very entertaining Subway Series, christening both of their new ballparks for America to see. I also don't think it will be the in five games short series that it was between the two teams in 2000, and that it will be a very close, six or seven game series. I forsee that if everyone stays healthy, my Braves should have enough to snare the NL wild card. The Braves have significantly upgraded their pitching, with Derek Lowe, Javy Vazquez, and Mr K (Can never spell his name).

As for the NL and AL managers of the year.

AL manager of the year-Joe Giradi- Yankees.

NL manager of the year- either Jerry Manuel-Mets, or Bobby Cox, Braves, depending on if the Braves make the playoffs, and whether the writers give it to the guy from the Mets team that is supposed to win, or the Braves manager that rebounded his team after three straight subpar years.

AL Cy Young- C.C. Sabathia, Yankees

NL Cy Young- Johan Santana-Mets.

AL MVP - Arod (Who else?)

NL MVP- David Wright (This guy is very good!).

I dont have a pick for Rookie of the Year, yet.

So, those are my picks.

Anyone else?

Play Ball! Woo Hoo!

Mitch

Glad that you like the Dodgers in the NL West. Hoping to go further, of course. :D

I'm cautiously picking it to be Cubs and Yankees in the Series and the Cubs winning it all, but part of me just feels like the North Side Bombers are going to fall apart during the middle of the season. I'm so used to them blowing it that I wouldn't be suprised if it happened again.

The only slam dunk prediction that I have is that my Orioles will be horrid again. Another year of Roberts, Jones and Markakis should be fun to watch, along with the additions of pitchers like Koji Uehara and eventual arrival of super-prospect catcher Matt Wieters. But the back-end of the starting rotation is likely to struggle badly. There is light at the end of the tunnel in Bergesen (who will likely get first call as far as pitchers go), Matusz, Arrieta and Tillman, but it's going to be a tough road before then.

The only slam dunk prediction that I have is that my Orioles will be horrid again. Another year of Roberts, Jones and Markakis should be fun to watch, along with the additions of pitchers like Koji Uehara and eventual arrival of super-prospect catcher Matt Wieters. But the back-end of the starting rotation is likely to struggle badly. There is light at the end of the tunnel in Bergesen (who will likely get first call as far as pitchers go), Matusz, Arrieta and Tillman, but it's going to be a tough road before then.

Gotta have faith man. We got a good offense and as long as we get some serviceable pitching we should have a fun summer. Plus next year is going to be special.

Gotta have faith man. We got a good offense and as long as we get some serviceable pitching we should have a fun summer. Plus next year is going to be special.

I know, I'm trying. But you have to admit, 3/5 of a rotation that includes Simon, Hendrickson and Eaton has to make you cringe. I hope that Rich Hill can come back healthy and throwing strikes. Meanwhile, I will not be surprised at all if Bergesen is called up around the same time as Wieters. Had he logged any time in AAA before this season, he would have made the rotation out of spring training. In any case, that win against the Yankees yesterday was pretty sweet. Hope we can keep some sort of momentum going.

NL East
1) Mets
2) Marlins (WC)
3) Phillies
4) Braves
5) Nationals

NL Central
1) Cubs
2) Cardinals
3) Reds
4) Astros
5) Brewers
6) Pirates

NL West
1) Dodgers
2) Diamondbacks
3) Giants
4) Rockies
5) Padres

AL East
1) Red Sox
2) Yankees (WC)
3) Rays
4) Blue Jays
5) Orioles

AL Central
1) Indians
2) White Sox
3) Twins
4) Royals
5) Tigers

AL West
1) Angels
2) Rangers
3) Athletics
4) Mariners

Some interesting choices here, I will fully admit that. I'm definitely ambitious in choosing the Marlins to win the Wild Card, and in choosing the Tigers to finish last in the AL Central. There is a lot that can happen though. The Reds are a sleeper team who could win 85-90 games. They have solid pitching and a solid lineup. The Rangers have a potent line-up but per usual their pitching is awful. The Cubs are the team to beat in the NL Central, but they will do nothing in the post season (and that's not just because they are the cubs, I just think they won't fare well). The Pirates, Brewers, Orioles, Mariners, and Padres suck.

I'll probably go with Mets - Red Sox for the world series. I will keep the winner to myself because I am a biased as hell Mets fan.

AL MVP = Tough choice. Probably Josh Hamilton. Could be Mark Teixeira

NL MVP = Albert Pujols. Slim victory over David Wright

AL Cy Young = I shudder to think it will probably be Daisuke Matsuzaka

NL Cy Young = Johan Santana

AL ROY = IF he gets the PT, Matt Wieters (Orioles)

NL ROY = It would be Colby Rasmus (Cardinals) but they have 4 outfielders and unless one of them gets injured and it's not Rasmus, he won't get the PT needed. I guess Cameron Maybin (Marlins)?

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back