• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Friendship Wish To Everyone At TMF

Cold is better...

Please...not the warm vs. cold beer debate...I did that one for 5 years in college. The field research WAS fun though! Q

Everything's dandy, Q. Just got too busy to visit for a while. Like I said, I was away.

DVNC, the whole damn country has a 21 drinking age now, thanks to the same fine folks who gave us mandatory seat belt laws and water use rules that ensure that new toilets won't flush. (Did you know that crapper smuggling is a cottage industry along the Canadian border? Theirs still work.)

IMO any place here that calls itself a pub is on the same level as yuppie fern bars. There are still some sure-enough working men's beer joints in the Northeast and Midwest. That's where I'd take a visitor to our fair shores. Maybe Q knows of a few, I'm sure there's still plenty of them in NYC.

I don't really care for most American beers. Genessee Cream Ale is an exception - I drink it when I visit Western NY. Otherwise, I stick with Corona, Beck's Dark, Tsingtao and occasionally Guinness. The English beers I've tried tasted kinda soapy or something.

BTW recently there has been an archaeological dig of middle-class Egyptian tombs, which were like condos for the dead. The digs also turned up trash left behind by the builders, including food wrappings and clay jugs. The jugs were BEER BOTTLES. Some things never change.

Strelnikov

Bottoms up

Strel, Dave , Q & Red...You've touched upon a subject close to my heart.:p
I work for a beer dist. in the Midwest (#4 in the Nation For what it's worth- If it's not Budweiser, we carry it), & The only US beer thats worth the trouble seems to be put out by the many 'Micro-breweries' that have sprung up in the last Decade.
While Samuel Adams is about the only US beer that is brewed under the "German Purity Laws",(Nothin' but Malt, Hops, Yeast & Water), there are a number of other lesser known brews that fill the Bill: Leinenkugle Dopplebock, Siera Neveda Pale Ale & Strel's Gennesse Cream Ale among them.
However I've found a heartening Phenomenon; just about EVERY Major City now has it's OWN small brewery, (Esp. In the Midwest, take a tour through Milwaukee some time)...just like things were before that "SCOURGE OF GOD & MAN"...Prohibition.
Prohibition was ANOTHER fine example of "If It AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!"A small minority's viewpoint completely ruined not only a thriving industry but Created another even more Ghastly mess as well: Organised Crime..."Hey, High Taxes AND dead bodies coupled with Bad Beer too; Great Idea!!!
Be that as it may, GOOD BEER is making a comeback...Give us time. Although we may never in a million years compete w/ Bass Or Guiness,(2 of MY Personal Faves), we are slowly reconizing that Bad Beer is like Bad Art or Bad Television...If you experience enough of one, you Forget what the Other was like. Try some of the Good German beers sometime...the Weissbiers, Oktoberfests & Pilsners from Paulaner,Hakker-Pshor & Ayinger are especialy worth it.
...Salu, Prost, Skol & Cheers.................Bug:cool:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back