• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A little creepy?

.... or people could use some common sense and act like gentlemen :shrug:

This is an issue that has often come up in this forum, particularly the prevalence of the CreepyPM™.

A possible solution has just occurred to me. What do you all think about this: What if new members had the PM function restricted until they reached a milestone post count? For example, let's pretend that no one could send or receive a pm on this forum until they reached a post count of 20. While that wouldn't put a stop to all creepy pm's, I think it would cut down on the deluge new women receive.

I'll say no to this. Why is 20 posts the magic number? Why not 50, 100, or more? This seems to be calling someone guilty until proven innocent to me.

There are many people who have been here for years who seldom if ever post. I know some of them personally, and they are good, decent people.

Yeah mate, serious coincidence! It must be a somewhat decent idea to have two members post the same solution like that. I'd like to see it in effect anyway. Didn't really realise how much damage this problem could be causing. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to have this.

Someone should post it to the Suggestions Subforum. Would you like to do the honors, since you did have the idea first after all?

Someone should post it to the Suggestions Subforum. Would you like to do the honors, since you did have the idea first after all?

Cheers for the suggestion but I think I'd feel a little hypocritical because my first few posts were actually defending those who pm in this manner (although I didn't know the facts entirely!)

If you would like to post the suggestion then go for it! :)

I'll say no to this. Why is 20 posts the magic number? Why not 50, 100, or more? This seems to be calling someone guilty until proven innocent to me.

There are many people who have been here for years who seldom if ever post. I know some of them personally, and they are good, decent people.

I don't think anyone's saying 20 somehow a magic number. I thought it was just an arbitrary number, and I think it's good. Not too many that it'll take forever to reach, but not too few.

I think it's a good idea, but it would suck for the nice people on here who seldom post...

I don't think anyone's saying 20 somehow a magic number. I thought it was just an arbitrary number, and I think it's good. Not too many that it'll take forever to reach, but not too few.

I think it's a good idea, but it would suck for the nice people on here who seldom post...

It is an arbitrary number just like 50, 100, or 1,000 posts is. That's my point. Many people here choose not to be active posters for any number of reasons. A policy like this would punish the innocent along with the guilty in one fell swoop.

I'm not a big fan of post counts and feather levels to be honest. It's something to have fun with and that's all well and good. But if they went away tomorrow it would not bother me in the least. Some people attach too much importance to them in my opinion.

It is an arbitrary number just like 50, 100, or 1,000 posts is. That's my point. Many people here choose not to be active posters for any number of reasons. A policy like this would punish the innocent along with the guilty in one fell swoop.

I'm not a big fan of post counts and feather levels to be honest. It's something to have fun with and that's all well and good. But if they went away tomorrow it would not bother me in the least. Some people attach too much importance to them in my opinion.

Why not 27,000 posts? Lol. Coming from you lends that side of the arguement plenty of credibility! I do however agree that in the spirit of having a forum where ideas are shared and people feel comfortable we should have some sort of minimum post before one can PM. This will get the "innocent decent people" out of their shells to contribute their thoughts...a forum would die out if everyone lurked. Our new members would feel more comfortable allowing them to stay longer and again share their ideas too! Win Win!

No it wasn't aimed at you. (Actually I think I've seen some of your posts over on the tickle brits site which I enjoyed reading) Anyway, you raised some good points there in fairness. I didn't actually know that some people get pm'd that much by others who don't even post here.

However I have a pretty simple solution if it's such a major problem. The people who run the site could enforce a rule where you can't pm anyone until you make a certain number of posts (say for example 50 posts or whatever). This would surely stop people signing up just to go around pming people for tickle talk or whatever it is that they are doing it for.

Another option - Create a feature where only friends who have been added can pm you. If someone new wants to chat with you then they could send a public message to your profile and tell a little about themselves.

Excuse me if either of these actually exist! But yeah some simple ideas to fix what seems to be a major issue with some folk here.

yh i used to post on tickle brits but its dead compared to tmf :( and since im more for just chatting with like minded people rather than meeting them, it doesn't bother me that most my audience is across the oceans and sea's

The 50 PM idea, is one of the best idea's ive herd for a forum in a long time dude... seriously! and im part of like 20 forums i think!

a 50-PM rule would mean that people start posting for the sake of posting, which ends in a lot of annoying 1-word posts everywhere in the forum. Or things like people starting to make their own threads in a welcome forum and then bumping it 49 times. Personally, i'd probably just type "feet suck" in every foot thread to get the quota.

Calling on people to participate in the TMF is a worse idea than calling on people to participate in church. If they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to.

a 50-PM rule would mean that people start posting for the sake of posting, which ends in a lot of annoying 1-word posts everywhere in the forum. Or things like people starting to make their own threads in a welcome forum and then bumping it 49 times. Personally, i'd probably just type "feet suck" in every foot thread to get the quota.

Calling on people to participate in the TMF is a worse idea than calling on people to participate in church. If they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to.

That's a good point.

The other idea could be better. As in friends can only pm you. If someone wants to be added as someone else's friend they can just post a comment on the profile. There are probably better solutions, these are just ideas off the top of one person's head here;)

before i say this, im not knocking the mods, they do a good job as it is...

well mods would have to been on their toes and warn/ban the spammers.

thats what being a mod is about, up holding the rules... up holding... THE LAW of the TMF forum!

This...

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back