• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A question to the Anime fans

hotdog

TMF Expert
I like me some good Anime. But I'm a real particular son of a bitch. Which Anime, series or film, are your favorites? I'm looking for something new to watch and your opinions are appreciated. Some of mine are:

Series -
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Elfen Lied
Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain
FLCL

Film -
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Anything by Miyazaki

Probably forgetting some as well...

I highly doubt my anime preferences will be your cup of tea, but there are some AMAZING anime's out there!

For me it would be:

Series:

Jigoku Shoujo
Ayashi no Ceres
Hana Yori Dango
Marmalade Boy
Fruits Basket
Chobits

(and I know it's not technically "anime" BUT) Avatar:The Last Airbender is brilliant!

Films:
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service
Tokyo Godfather's (brilliant as well <3)

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (all 3 series)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Canaan
Bleach
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (new series following the manga)
Trigun
Hellsing (Ultimate Series)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
Kimagure Orange Road
Naruto (and Naruto: Shipuuden)
Cowboy Bebop

Last edited:
You've already hit all the big names man, so you don't need to worry about much.

Try:
Hellsing
Dirty Pair
Dirty Pair Flash
Ergo Proxy.

Snail Shell

Not exactly in the same genre but i'm thoroughly enjoying the innocent adorableness that is Gakuen Alice.

I have a penchant for strange animes with storylines that play out like a Vonnegut novel.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Paprika
Azumanga Daioh

The only anime I got into was the Gundam Wing series (and the Endless Waltz movie) and the flim Ninja Scroll. Otherwise, I prefer western stuff.

What originally got me into Anime was Doomed Megapolis and Wicked City. After that I became a big DBZ fan but i prefer the more adult oriented anime movies like Ninja Scroll, the 2 i named above, Fist of the North Star, Akira, Vampire Hunter D

There was also a movie that my mind is faltering to remember. There was one movie about the Hiroshima bomb. Some kid surviving it and just horrific scenes of people burnt alive and just charred walking into water, etc. I liked it but cant recall the name

There was also a movie that my mind is faltering to remember. There was one movie about the Hiroshima bomb. Some kid surviving it and just horrific scenes of people burnt alive and just charred walking into water, etc. I liked it but cant recall the name

Was is a Miyazaki film called "Grave of Fireflies"?

Tenjho Tenge
Speed Grapher
Samurai Champloo
Afro Samurai
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Inuyasha
Ronin Warriors
008 MS Team
G Gundam
Death Note
Initial D
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo
GTO
Grappler Baki
Gun Grave
Gun Sword
Ah! My Goddess
Darker Than Black
Code Geass
Mobile Suit Gundam
Samurai X
Big O

Just to name a few...

Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Though i suppooooose it doesn't count for the purposes of this discussion since they got spectacularly westernized.

That film was the final nail. :(

Series I Really Enjoy
---------------------
Bleach (the current filler arc is AMAZING)
Kimagure Orange Road (OOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDDD show)
Naruto (actually a really good series)
Holy shit, I'm glad I'm not the only person who is loving the current Bleach arc. Filler, in general, is always absolute shit, but I'm really impressed with this one so far. :D
Also, I totally forgot Kimagure and Naruto. Added to my list. :D

Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Though i suppooooose it doesn't count for the purposes of this discussion since they got spectacularly westernized.

They're still anime. o_0 The shows themselves never got "westernized", they just met with overwhelming western popularity.
And were butchered by The Ocean Group and (to a lesser degree) Funimation.
Though Funi learned from their mistakes and is doing an admirable job with the rest of the series they've obtained.

Here are my favorite animes. Now, I must admit, I only watch dubs. Very rare that I would watch a sub unless I would do a comparasion, especially if it was a section that has tickling in it. The reason that I only watch dubs is because it is in my language and I do not have to pause it every 5 seconds to read what it says. I am a slow reader. lol

Princess Sister (I just watched the whole series in 2 or 3 days. I finished it, today.)
Suzuka
Love Hina
Kanon 2006
Melancholy Haruhi Suzumiya
Please! Twins
Negima!
Naruto (Including Shipudden)
Prince Of Tennis
Yu-Gi-Oh (Including Abridged)
Zatch Bell
Medabots
Shuffle!
I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Fruits Basket
Digimon
Cardcaptors
Ah! My Goddess
Air
Kenichi
Kiddy Grade
Lucky Star
Rumbling Hearts (Warning! Sad ending, at least for me. hehe)
School Rumble
Peach Girl
Code Lyoko
Mew Mew Power
Magical Do-Re-Mi
Winx Club
Sasami: Magical Girls Club
Salior Moon

Wow! I do watch a lot of anime. Mostly, I watch it either at justdubs.net or youtube. Sometimes Veoh as full length episodes as well.

I take it you never saw the original dragonball movie?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrjTokKH5-U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrjTokKH5-U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#1...and my favorite-One Piece (the subbed one, not the English one)
-Bleach
-Speed Grapher
-Death Note
-Eureka
-Ghost Hound
-Hitman Reborn
-Shangri La
-Toaru Majutsu no Index
-the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Regios
-Juushin Enbu-Hero Tales
-Tales of the Abyss
-Soul Eater
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Black Cat
-They Are My Noble Masters
-Get Backers
-Seirei no Morbito
-Dennou Coil
-Azumanga Daioh
-Bamboo Blade
-Baccano
-Grappler Baki
-Air Master
-Ergo Proxy

my 2 favorites are Naruto/Naruto Shippuden great series and also like Bleach as well. Big fan of the original Yu-Gi-Oh series as well.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back