• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Request

njjen3953

4th Level Orange Feather
Hi All,
I have a request of all you great people.

Most of you know I started college this week and am majoring in Early Childhood Education.

If anyone finds any interesting articles on child development, please post a link here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Jen

Hello Jen. If I run across anything that might be relavent, I'll forward it to you with pleasure. :)

njjen3953 said:
Hi All,
I have a request of all you great people.

Most of you know I started college this week and am majoring in Early Childhood Education.

If anyone finds any interesting articles on child development, please post a link here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Jen

Since I just graduated in 1999 and I have gone through tons and tons of classes... seminars and such since.... I have a whole SLEW of stuff for you.

A cool site to go to to find just about anything is...
www.sitesforteachers.com

Also you will find a lot of information at the www.NEA.org (National Educator Association)...

And if you need ANYTHING... just let me know.

Love Ya
Sunrise
:Kiss2:

Thanks Jim,

I appreciate it. Might be interesting to have a foreign approach.

Sunrise,
I will go to those sites this weekend. Keep it coming. :D Thanks for the support.

Jen

njjen3953 said:
Thanks Jim,

I appreciate it. Might be interesting to have a foreign approach.

Jen

Foreign? What am I, Iraqi? :dogpile:

No Jim,
But we have discussed that theories on education are very different over in the UK. So, anything you have to offer will be interesting.

Jen

Hit www.discoveryschool.com (Discovery Channel's educational website). Follow the links to Kathy Schrock's links for educators. It is a fantastic resource for teachers and for students. She will undoubtedly list some research sites.

I also have had a great deal of luck on the USDOE's ERIC sites. Plenty of research there, including very specialized and rather obscure topics.

Thank You, ontheverge.

I have added them both to my favorites. This is getting exciting.

I am looking forward to learning how to put into practice what I am reading about.

My student teaching starts in 2 weeks. :D

Jen

Excellent -- best of luck.

Do you know what grade you'll be student teaching?

Thanks again, ontheverge,

I will be teaching in a Montessori school, so it will be a combined age group. I do want to concentrate, however, on pre-k and kindergarden. We will be assigned a student to follow and study.
I am going to ask for a 4 or 5 year old.

I chose the Montessori school because it is the only type of program that I have yet to work in and from the little I know about it, it is totally different in it's approach.
I may hate the teaching style, but I know it will be a valuable learning experience.

Jen

I did some research into Montessori in grad school. Interesting approach, whether you agree with the methods or not. One thing I did find was that people who are knowledgeable about Montessori either swear by it or detest it. There seem to be few ambivalents.

Again, best of luck. Polish up the lunchbox, press your new outfit, sharpen your pencils, and remember this: kids are like dogs. They can sense fear and bulls**t a mile away.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back