• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A serious blow to YouTube users

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Especially those who use it to watch anime. YouTube has cracked down on any series violating copyright infringements (due to be investigated and reported on by Cnet News), or any company title holder finding out and thereby requesting the material be taken down (which is of course their right).

Directory and linkage sites, such as Keiichi Anime Forever, are reporting record losses of their collections and linkage, and since YouTube was their sole means of providing the anime, they are left with no choice but to comply.

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/boards/thread,40751.0.html

I'm sure that for alot of people all over the world YouTube (and sites like it) were the only possibly ways of watching anime aside from buying or renting it.

Because video stores are only now specializing in anime-specific sections, many would-be renters are left with a very poor and often incomplete selection. Watching an entire series may be next to impossible, and paying for it may be completely out of the question.

While torrents and the like are still available and won't fall as easily to this crackdown, many people don't have the time or internet connection for torrents either. They are slow, cumbersome, and rely completely on other users to download, rather than a server or video hosting service like YouTube.

Personally, I don't know how to feel about this. A part of me knew it was too good to be true for too long, and then a part of me was extremely grateful anyway. I knew this would happen sooner or later; it was just a question of when.

YouTube was pinned in a checkmate, and dispite their internal wishes, they don't want to be on the wrong side of the law and I don't blame them for that. They got singled out. It happens. People start talking, companies like Right Stuf International find out, and then the deletions happen far more quickly.

The deletions are not yet complete, but they will most likely be within the next 48 hours (on Keiichi Anime Forever anyway...it will definitely take longer for YouTube itself to be completely purged since mods have to do it manually by title or tags.)

My personal opinion is that it was good while it lasted. Because of YouTube I was able to watch several anime series I've been wanting to, and some I never knew about, watched, and now love them. I am also fortunate to have been able to watch the entire series for each of them, so I don't have to worry about whats going to happen.

In the beginning (far before I learned about torrents and YouTube and whatsis) I always said and was of the opinion that to watch, share, or distribute anything illegally or illegitimately was something that could only be reconciled by, in turn, purchasing the material that you "borrowed" either in full or in part.

My opinion has not changed, though it has been affected; I still buy anime, but am not as able to. It simply is not economically viable for most people to be buying anime just to watch it, without first being given a reasonable chance to view or rent it.

The industry does not have an open hand and is not offering mainstream anime to the public in an impactful way. If they did it would raise sales and elimate ignorance to what anime is, but would increase cases of copyright infringement. That leaves them, essentially, breaking even. No company, industry or business wants to just break even. They are intitled, by virtue of their product, to make profits.

One can both understand and respect their wishes, but also detest them. American companies which make anime available to us are being held over a barrel by their japanese counterparts, and as with any ripple effect, we, the consumer, are affected by the North American market's price gouging.

Anime is ridiculously overpriced in most instances, even in online anime stores. Though some stores (online and otherwise) help by reducing prices further, the prices are still considerable.

Anime is still being marketed and sold as some "speciality import" (which is the pretext to prices), despite the fact that anime has been mainstream and dare I say, American, long enough that most of these economical situations are only kept alive by the greed of the industry at home and abroad.

In closing, I'm extremely disappointed (though not angry) that this had to happen, especially now, since I was only able to watch 3 complete series since discovering anime on YouTube. I'm sure others had enough time to get alot more out of it than I did, so it may not bother them as much. The fact this all ends here, pretty much, is sad.

On the plus side, I was exposed to anime that I had not seen before, and was able to enjoy it with an unrestricted freedom. I could choose any anime I wanted, and I chose the ones I wanted or happened on, and I'm confident with what I chose.

Well, thats it really. I'll be sure to bump this thread as news develops.

(Oh, and don't bother complaining about the length of this post. You already know I either don't care what you think, this is just my way, or you're just plain lazy or too tired. So...yeah. :p LOL)

Last edited:
SUPER LONG POST! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! (I read the whole thing, so hah!)

anyway... I know this is a blow to many-a-anime viewer... I apologize now, and I will again later, but... it really doesn't effect me much, they've already taken down all the wrestling clips, which I really liked to watch...

Well, all the "current" wrestling stuff.

But, its a shame, to not be able to view something before you purchase it.

(hah... no quotes on any of that were used for my talking...)

"Bling Bling!"

*runs away*

Theres no need to apologize for not liking something or looking forward to it as much as others.

I like wrestling too, but I don't care as much for it as I do for anime, for example.

At any rate, video hosts are either going to have to stop this completely or become stealthy or start charging for subscriber accounts.

The industry has been aware of this kind of activity since it started, but learning of key sites like this leads them to others. So either people need to create a workaround, or make torrent downloads easier, less of a hassle, and not reliant on other people being online.

Last edited:
well, torrents WILL work over servers... in fact, you can set up a server designed to distribute torrents... but, thats only 1 server, and only so many people can download off of that at once, and, if your big enough, they're gonna find you :D

Thats not to say that i don't like a bit of anime, now and again either...

I LOVE Trigun!

Last edited:
Theres also bandwidth issues and a whole slew of other potential problems. These problems would be worth it if it was a reliable enough way to download videos. Alot of other people are already doing this.

The only problem with "other people" is they aren't organized about it. YouTube was, and so are sites like Keichi Anime Forever.

Being organized means being prefered. Being prefered means being popular. Being popular means being at risk. Being at risk means being noticable. Being noticable means getting found out, and getting found out means the end for you.

Its all too simple. Any snitch will do. And the companies will be sure to check back every now and then. It doesn't take long to report a site. Its sad when such effort, energy, and time consuming, continuous endeavor can be snuffed out by any anonymous whistle blower.

Last edited:
Another thing that doesn't help is that alot of fans are or are talking of re-uploading videos.

This kind of defiance is only going to make things worse and get YouTube closed down, and of course that affects everything, not just anime.

Either that, or YouTube will get so frustrated with having to continually delete the same material that they'll change their rather lax rules into something less encouraging and will ban the people who share. Either way, no one wins.

Last edited:
I guess it's just one of those things - it sucks, but you can see where there coming from. :( Still a bummer, though.

Inside reports are that YouTube only began the purge to appease the press and save face once articles started coming out about them, like this one:

http://news.com.com/EMI+courts+YouTube+to+help+fight+pirates/2100-1026_3-6083930.html

YouTube has displayed the character of letting things slide and allowing things to be uploaded under the table, despite their rules. They only bothered to do anything when their name was mentioned in the press. And even now, some anime is being re-uploaded or was never completely taken down. I also don't see any heads rolling over this, so YouTube's interests seem conflicted.

What's frustrating is people getting their hopes up by thinking that if the removed anime is replaced that YouTube will allow it and won't just delete it again. They don't seem to understand or are ignorant to the situation and only care about when the material will be back up, not for how long or how much more trouble it could get people into. They believe its really as simple as just re-uploading everything and the problem is solved, when it would be so easy for another report to come and YouTube would act on it. I don't see YouTube taking any pre-emptive action against it's users, so maybe its not unreasonable to think like that. I don't know.

Last edited:
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back