• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any relation between tickle fetish and mental disability?

veerle_kitten

I know this is a sensitive subject, and I hope in advance that I do not offend anyone. I'm autistic and was wondering if that had anything to do with having a tickling fetish? Is anyone else here autistic, or have a different mental disability and believe that might be the reason they have a tickling fetish?

veerle_kitten said:
I know this is a sensitive subject, and I hope in advance that I do not offend anyone. I'm autistic and was wondering if that had anything to do with having a tickling fetish? Is anyone else here autistic, or have a different mental disability and believe that might be the reason they have a tickling fetish?

Definitely no connection between any disability let alone a mental one and tickling.

Boris :Hyrdrogen

I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome last year which is a mild form of autism and after reading a lot about it, it's not a mental disability. I would call it a social skills learning disability but not a mental disability. I have read that a lot of Asperger people do like tickling and for those who don't like to be touched sometimes, I have read that tickling is a positive way to get someone who's autistic to get to like being touched.

:happyfloa

Autism

That is what I have, asperger syndrome, I'm glad that I'm not the only one then :)

No relation. In fact, if you want to talk about conditions that lead to lower IQ, higher levels of IQ have been correlated with kinkiness (engaging in fetish or paraphilia behavior). Autism is not necessarily correlated with lower IQ, so this isn't exaclty relevant, but does refer to other conditions.

I believe that many people with autism do have more active sensory systerms, so I could see either liking it more or hating it more than others.

Last edited:
daryl said:
No relation. In fact, if you want to talk about conditions that lead to lower IQ, higher levels of IQ have been correlated with kinkiness (engaging in fetish or paraphilia behavior). Autism is not necessarily correlated with lower IQ, so this isn't exaclty relevant, but does refer to other conditions.

I believe that many people with autism do have more active sensory systerms, so I could see either liking it more or hating it more than others.

Well Daryl the fact that you said that people with autism do have more active sensory systems would cause them to either like or dislike tickling is kind of a connection because it plays a part in their senses. As for me, I don't have a problem being touch since I have Asperger's Syndrome and in my case don't have a problem being touched at all including being tickled.

:couch:

veerle_kitten said:
That is what I have, asperger syndrome, I'm glad that I'm not the only one then :)

You are definitely not alone veerle. Although just so you know if you don't already more boys have the condition than girls.

:cool2:

Last edited:
BorisandNatasha said:
Definitely no connection between any disability let alone a mental one and tickling.

Boris :Hyrdrogen

I do agree with that because Asperger's Syndrome isn't a mental disability. It's a social skills learning disability or at least that's what I call it. I have read in a few of the books I have on Asperger people that a lot of them do like tickling including myself.

:happyfloa

I just think when I hear someone mention a mental disability, I tend they're talking about only mentally retarted people and some Asperger people are mentally retarted but some are not.

:)

Asperger's Syndrome affects 1 in 300 to 1 in 500 (Two different sites, two different statistics)

It makes sense with the multiple thousands of members here that a handful would have Asperger's.

However, that goes with most things.

Thanks for sharing those statistics ticklishgiggle. A lot of people are being diagnosed since this country because of Asperger's Syndrome in 1994.

I also apparently have Asperger's. : )

I also apparently have Asperger's. : )

:2poke: :2poke: :2poke:

I have a tickle and foot fetish as well as clinical depression. The depression is mainly chemical/genetic rather than situational so I don't know if that counts as a disability or not. My two cents.

Absolutely no connection either way...It is not my experience nor do I know of any existing documentation showing that having autism or any other related disorder renders one either more or less likely to have a foot or tickling fetish. Embrace yours and be thankful :)

This thread is very interesting because a lot of us here have suffered some sort of mental health problems at some time or another, from depression to schizophrenia and everything inbetween. I have wondered if this fetish was some sort of symptom of mental illness, especially before I found out there were others like me.

Touch has nothing to do with it for me. I'm a ler and more of a reactions girl. I can get as much out of watching as doing. I've never been into playful erotic tickling. I'm not a lee at all. I have battled with severe depression for the last ten years, including some serious suicide attempts. I'm not sure that depression has anything to do with a tickling fetish, but I do wonder if it is some other sort of illness. I'd rather watch someone who hates being tickled for two seconds than watch a giggling, smiling lee for an hour. Maybe that's more to do with me liking reactions, but I do wonder what's wrong with me.

I also believe myself to have Asperger's syndrome. We seem to be everywhere these days!

I've been thinking recently that the foot-related part of my fetish might be an example of 'preoccupation with parts of objects' -- just with people rather than objects.

I suppose it depends on whom you ask. I personally would say no, but then again I've always considered myself one fry short of a happy meal, especially last year when I felt I was being supernaturally pursued by something horrific. In retrospect, I suspect that what I was experiencing was the impending death of my Dad, who passed the following month, but that's little more than a guess.

Depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year. This includes major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, and bipolar disorder. http://www.upliftprogram.com/depression_stats.html

9.5%, that's almost 1 out of every 10 people. And that's just including the disorders listed above. Throw in all the other emotional disorders and that number gets even higher.

We can probably argue that there's a link between emotional disorders and almost anything in the world, but it would sound ridiculous.

Just like it sounds ridiculous to say that having an emotional disorder and having a tickle fetish are directly linked.

Well there is a relation between the two if you tickle someone until they go mental. :firedevil

Chuck D said:
Well there is a relation between the two if you tickle someone until they go mental. :firedevil

Funny, but I think we're trying to take this seriously.

Someone upthread (daryl) mentioned a correlation between high IQ and kinkiness. Anyone have a reference for that? It sounds bogus, like the alleged link between intelligence and depression.

By the way, the absolute fraction of a population that has some property has nothing to do with whether having that property correlates with having some other property. That's awkwardly phrased, but you know what I mean.

Working at a summer camp last year, I had to interact with a camper that has Aspbergers. Granted, she was 12 so it took a liiitle work with her, but I never tried to tickle her. I was told that her form of autism was a form of social autism, so I didnt want to start an interaction with her if I couldn't finish it. I would only be around her every few days for about 30 mins tops each time.

Good to have an insight from people here who have it. I could learn more about it from adults cuz of course you can't talk to her about it. :)

Scared said:
Why not? By your own admission, you are only working from personal experience, and anecdotal evidence is notoriously unreliable in drawing conclusions. Your statement that it is not disabling in any case, however, by saying that it is not a disability, does try to dictate how hard it is for anyone.

Being treatable does not make something less of a disability.

This is generally regarded as being the requirement even after mitigating treatments and devices are considered, and many places require a duration of a year or more to consider it a permanent disability.

Limiting major life activities, rather than having better periods or even sometimes being controlled with drugs or therapy, is the definition of disability; neither you nor anybody else has the right to say that depression is categorically not a disability.

i'm not trying to judge anyone or tell people how to feel. and this is the first time someone has been so judemental of me without even knowing my story or what i've gone through to be so insensitive.

i never meant to minimize anyone's story regarding any mental disability they deal with. and if that's how it came across to you then i apologize. but you were just as judgemental of me without even knowing who i am. and that's all i'm going to say on the matter.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back