• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

AOL Users - How to post clips/pics

UnclStevel

TMF Expert
I've had a couple of folks ask how to do this, so I figured there must be others interested too. For the sake of typing it once, I figured I'd post it here :)

AOL is great for posting clips. First find a clip on your computer that is under 2MB (megabytes). To see the size of a file, Windows users can right click it, and choose "Properties."

Once you know what clip you want to use, open AOL and sign on. Go to the top and choose Services > Internet > FTP

A box will pop up in the middle of the screen. Choose "Go to FTP"

Scroll down to "members.aol.com" and click "connect"

Click "Ok" when the welcome message appears

Click "Upload" then type the name of the file you are going to use. (Type the name EXACTLY. If the file name is myvid.mpg and you type MYVID.mpg, or Myvid.MPG it will mess it up.)

Click "Continue"

Click "Select File" and find the file you just typed the name of earlier.

Click "Send"

The file will begin uploading. If you're on broadband, have a cigarette and it will be done when you get back. If you're on 56k, do your taxes.

So it's up there now. Go ahead and click off 2 of the windows. You will see your new file in the file listing at this point. Close that window if you want.

Now you have to link it here. Use this code in your post here:
<center> <a href="http://members.aol.com/<font color="red">screen name</font>/<font color="blue">myfile.mpg</font>">Click here</a>
</center>

(Where <font color="red">screen name</font> is your AOL screen name, and <font color="blue">myfile.mpg</font> is the name of the file you uploaded.)

You can use this method for pictures too.

Enjoy!
Steve

This is cool, thanks Steve! Although AOL is lacking in several fundamental areas, being able to post files as a member is one of their perks :)

You mind if I post this as a community item on TickleTown? This is a great walkthrough I think a lot of people should be aware of :D

Of course! You're welcome to post this anywhere you'd like. The more folks that have this knowledge, the better. There are a ton of untapped resources here in this community, and AOL is one of them. They allow hot linking, which is much more than most isp's will allow nowadays. I encourage everyone to just share at least one clip. It will help you learn how to use your computer, and make a lot of ticklephiles really happy :)

Steve (after 7 long island teas wheeeeeeeeewwwww) (hope this came out right)
:)

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back