• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bad Reactions All Around

goddess_nemesis

Verified
For those who are coming in late, today was Shemp Day. Apparently an annual tradition of a few to prank the forum members. I don't know who does it or what the deal is with Shemp. (Forgive me, I'm a youngin who has maybe seen a half dozen Three Stooges episodes. :D)

I missed the prank of changing the words foot, tickle, and their variations to shemp, but I did see the banner had been changed for the majority of the day to Too Many Feet forum.

Overall it was a good prank, but the reaction is just saddening. Many people got upset and I don't blame them. It wasn't their cup of tea. Yet as soon as someone began a thread to question Shemp Day or complain about how it messed with certain things (one person's complaint was it destroyed someone's PM conversation with another because of the words being changed), just as many rushed in to defend Shemp Day.

No one was wrong in the way that they felt, but many of the reactions on both sides bordered on insulting the other. People bringing up the almost dread word 'clique' while others railed that those who complained couldn't take a joke. It was just saddening to see as member of such a wonderful community.

Many people make claims how wonderful this forum is, how welcome and friendly the people are here, and it is a welcoming and friendly community. Yet when I see what I saw today, I'm reminded of how some people feel left out. No wonder they feel as they do when we show such an ugly reaction to a prank.

I've been on this forum for seven and half years, and there had been times where I have felt left out. Like I'm on the outside looking in. In the past four years or so, I've become more active with posting and interacting with people. Yet there are still times where I feel like an outsider, but I'm still trucking on.

This forum is a good community and it does have plenty of kind, welcoming, and friendly members. I know in the heat of the moment, emotions can run wild and people will say things, sometimes insulting things, while defending their sides. And I don't expect everyone to love each other and sing kumbaya. It was just sad to see the reactions that I did from both sides because it didn't feel like the welcoming community that we usually are.

A lot of folks who feel like they are outsiders say that: "feel like I'm on the outside looking in". Can you explain that a little more?

The only irritation I have is being blamed for this whole shenanigan, along with another member. Even though I'm as "on the outside" of it as they are.

In a way, it seems we need drama like this, because it gives people a chance to vent and let loose pent up frustrations.

I didn't fully understand what was going on.

Seems that I have missed SHEMP DAY in the past. One of the first things that I noticed was TicklingNemesis was now SHEMPNemesis. Then looking around the forum SHEMP was substituted for tickle and foot. Even my Signature Phrase was changed. But it was all in good fun.:bubble2:

A lot of folks who feel like they are outsiders say that: "feel like I'm on the outside looking in". Can you explain that a little more?

The only irritation I have is being blamed for this whole shenanigan, along with another member. Even though I'm as "on the outside" of it as they are.

In a way, it seems we need drama like this, because it gives people a chance to vent and let loose pent up frustrations.

Well since it's an inside joke, I guess anyone who gets it is going to be held partly responsible.

^Are you sure that you had nothing to do with this?^

Believe me. The people who are involved have decided to be EXTREMELY exclusive. To the point in which peoples feelings were hurt.

Three years in a row with negative reactions.

Eventually, someones gotta say "Enough with the bullshit."

Causing chaos like that and relishing in the negative response is troll-like behavior that wouldn't be tolerated of anyone else. But these people are apparently privileged.

If it happens again next year, I am sure those who find it annoying at best and unfair at worst will come up with some kind of retaliation or boycott of the forum.

Believe me. The people who are involved have decided to be EXTREMELY exclusive. To the point in which peoples feelings were hurt.

Causing chaos like that and relishing in the negative response is troll-like behavior that wouldn't be tolerated of anyone else. But these people are apparently privileged.

If it happens again next year, I am sure those who find it annoying at best and unfair at worst will come up with some kind of retaliation or boycott of the forum.

:yourock:

At the very least, re-imagine the thing. There's no need to disrupt the entire place to do Shemp Day or any other silly thing. I appreciate your candor.

Fuck yeah.

Honestly I don't give a rats ass, though I do think it's stupid and if I were urged to comment, I'd just echo this post.

:yourock:

At the very least, re-imagine the thing. There's no need to disrupt the entire place to do Shemp Day or any other silly thing. I appreciate your candor.

The funny thing, is that I am pretty sure there is a way to make it so only certain members see certain modifications of the forum. To my knowledge, the first Shemp Day, they had pictures of Shemp appear ONLY to Drew70. If that's the case, they should be able to only include those that want to be included and exclude the rest. But instead, everyone was affected, including new members who may have just joined or seen this site for the first time. I can't imagine having a foot fetish and seeing the TMF for the first time as "Too Much Feet" where words like "feet" and "tickling" were replaced with "Shemp." On the biggest tickling forum on the net and the most visited adult site on the net, I find the whole thing to be unwise. I can't imagine producers of clips who may have lost sales found it very funny either. Just like last year. I would think (and hope) that if you help to run this website or you are seen as a "pioneer" or "heavy contributor" that you wouldn't put the site at any kind of disadvantage, potentially cause new members to leave, or cause current members such problems as HACKING and NEGATIVELY AFFECTING their private messages and private profiles. In my opinion, that is an invasion of privacy and just fucking wrong.

The effect was not supposed to happen and was up for about 20 minutes fairly early in the day.....doubtful that any sales were lost....

The first shempday was seen by everyone.....many joined in pretending not to which was a part of the joke....

Well, I guess that's an excuse. Everything is all better now!

In all seriousness, this can't continue in the way in which it has. Many people are getting upset and you can't just say "Oh well" to it. Your personal ideas of a joke is affecting the ENTIRE forum. Peoples accounts were changed. That's not right. That may have not been the intention, but you had to have expected there would be negative reactions either way. Whether a producer's sales were affected or not is not the issue. The issue is that a handful of people cannot keep disrupting the forum, pissing such large groups of people off in the way they have, and then dismissing the complaints. Doing so, despite the outcry of many members, will only further divide this community. And frankly, I think it's been divided enough. I don't think anyone wants that and I would hope that people care enough to rethink this garbage next year.

What divides the forum is folks that dont know how to express an opinion and then move on...they beat a dead horse and try to stir others into a frenzy....

Folks were not ALLOWED to pay tribute to Michael Jackson after his death cause those that had a personal dislike for him would not respect others rights to feel differently and trashed all of the threads...

A few folks put a similar logo in their sigs and are branded a clique instead of people having fun with friends....

The forum is spoofed and 5 or 6 people out of 80,000 get pissy and just keep throwing it out there trying to get others worked up...

THAT is what divides folks...that and some who like to PM people to call them fucktards....

I dont see the big deal, its a damn joke and people are taking it way to seriously. It only affected the forum for a few hours and its not like it was a huge thing anyway.

Many things divide the forum, and Shemp Day will only prove to be another factor. You can push the focus onto other situations as much as you want. That is most likely because you cannot defend the prank that has blown up in your face. It's unfortunate because many people are not even asking for it to stop. They understand you want to have fun and that this day is something you all look forward to. They just want it to happen in a way that does not hinder them from going about their normal forum activities, no matter how short or long the adjustments last.

Wasnt even a few hours accept fot the logo....the word effect was removed as soon as the first problems popped up..

Many things divide the forum, and Shemp Day will only prove to be another factor. You can push the focus onto other situations as much as you want. That is most likely because you cannot defend the prank that has blown up in your face. It's unfortunate because many people are not even asking for it to stop. They understand you want to have fun and that this day is something you all look forward to. They just want it to happen in a way that does not hinder them from going about their normal forum activities, no matter how short or long the adjustments last.

The only things that are factors are those things that the minority wish to make factors...you having been on the receiving end of that long before any Shemp day should know that all too well....

Wasnt even a few hours accept fot the logo....the word effect was removed as soon as the first problems popped up..

Exactly. These problems could have been prevented by planning something that did not effect the ENTIRE forum. That's not fair. You can't tell me that it is. You can say "It was only for 5 minutes. It was only for 20 minutes," whatever. Your "prank" affected people who didn't understand the joke, what was going on, or even knew who you were. Did this prank affect the international forums too? Do they get "Shemp"? I don't think so. Even if those PM problems didn't pop up, it would have still pissed people off. And in the future, I would think it wise to come up with an idea that does not hinder people from doing what they would normally do on here. One that is planned more than a few hours ahead of time so that there are no "first problems".

The only things that are factors are those things that the minority wish to make factors...you having been on the receiving end of that long before any Shemp day should know that all too well....

The minority: a small group of forum mods and pioneers that disregard the feelings of other members unless they join in on the fun. And let's remember, we're talking about Shemp Day here. Not Michael Jackson, not my personal history. Your idea of a joke that has gone sour almost all three years running.

Put that in the suggestion forum for review......its a good idea that I am sure we would never have thought of...

I'm sorry Mairead but this is the most ridiculously overdramatic post I've seen all day in reference to this post.

Causing chaos? Really? They changed the logo and inserted the word shemp over certain language on the forum. Unlike last year's prank, no specific person was targeted and the forum was essentially open for business as usual with a couple very small cosmetic changes. Also, the fact that Shemp Day was upcoming had been discussed publicly in several instances recently. It really shouldn't have been that big a surprise.

You know perfectly well that the people that do the Shemp Day prank are the complete antithesis of trolls. They have created other useful sites in this community, do radio shows, run gatherings, etc... It's irresponsible to throw that kind of language when you know damn well its not true. These people aren't looking for attention simply for the sake of attention. They are members who give a lot to this community 364 days a year and on one day decide to have a little fun. But heck they messed with our precious forum, lets crucify the bastards. :roflmao:

The prank was not exclusionary or cliquish, it was just a prank. The people that run the prank are not exclusionary because they don't run around asking more people to join in on the prank or give ideas for a prank. Too many cooks spoil the broth in situations like this. And they are not necessarily exclusionary for not pranking everyone equally. You don't prank strangers or lurkers the same way you do friends; you know the friends may be surprised or temporarily irritated, but they understand and laugh about it because they are friends.

If you are irritated by pranks and don't like them, that's fine. No one says you have to. But if you or any other of the countless others who have bashed the Shempsters today actually ever went so far to boycott or retaliate, whatever that means, just know there will be a heck of a lot of people like me laughing at you folks for such a ridiculous overreaction.

Next year, either have a sense of humor about the minor interruption to your life or sit quietly and wait for regular programming to resume again imminently.

I'm sorry Mairead but this is the most ridiculously overdramatic post I've seen all day in reference to this post.

Causing chaos? Really? They changed the logo and inserted the word shemp over certain language on the forum. Unlike last year's prank, no specific person was targeted and the forum was essentially open for business as usual with a couple very small cosmetic changes. Also, the fact that Shemp Day was upcoming had been discussed publicly in several instances recently. It really shouldn't have been that big a surprise.

You know perfectly well that the people that do the Shemp Day prank are the complete antithesis of trolls. They have created other useful sites in this community, do radio shows, run gatherings, etc... It's irresponsible to throw that kind of language when you know damn well its not true. These people aren't looking for attention simply for the sake of attention. They are members who give a lot to this community 364 days a year and on one day decide to have a little fun. But heck they messed with our precious forum, lets crucify the bastards. :roflmao:

The prank was not exclusionary or cliquish, it was just a prank. The people that run the prank are not exclusionary because they don't run around asking more people to join in on the prank or give ideas for a prank. Too many cooks spoil the broth in situations like this. And they are not necessarily exclusionary for not pranking everyone equally. You don't prank strangers or lurkers the same way you do friends; you know the friends may be surprised or temporarily irritated, but they understand and laugh about it because they are friends.

If you are irritated by pranks and don't like them, that's fine. No one says you have to. But if you or any other of the countless others who have bashed the Shempsters today actually ever went so far to boycott or retaliate, whatever that means, just know there will be a heck of a lot of people like me laughing at you folks for such a ridiculous overreaction.

Next year, either have a sense of humor about the minor interruption to your life or sit quietly and wait for regular programming to resume again imminently.

QFTW!

Its all just a bad dream......its all just a bed dream.........its all just a bad dream.

Rob

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back