• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Blurring Face?

MikeTickler

TMF Expert
Hey everyone, thank you all for your support, especially over the last month since my new site has been launched.

I know I asked this question a while ago, and I got a great answer. I am having trouble finding programs to blur my face out of the videos. Sony Vegas Pro was previously recommended, but this is a $500 software package. I used the Trial Version, but it has since expired.

What is the best FREE software to use for this?

I don't know of any free ones that do keyframe effects like that.

I use Avid. (very spendy tho)

Perhaps someone can help me with this then: I have moved on to the Trial Version of Sony Movie Studio (which is like a downgraded Sony Vegas).

When I set a keyframe, it gradually starts the blur and fades in until it reaches the next keyframe. Is there any way to get the blur to START/STOP directly ON the keyframe? It seems the gradual effect is default.

I JUST figured out very simple keyframes in Adobe Premiere 6.....last night!!

...and they are a pain in the ass to first figure out. I had to delete everything and start over multiple times.

Good luck, ...sadly I never tried a keyframe that wasn't in a line (fades, pans, etc.)

The people I've seen use them are turtleboy and I believe Darth Sideous may have a few times......start with them.

I've re-read your last sentence again (I always tell people, READ the whole post....re-read it if you need to! I'm glad I RE-read it this time!)

When you place your first keyframe, set the value to all the way fade. When you set the last one, start over and just re-set it to all the way fade.

I had this problem where I wanted the transition to stop and stay that way before the end of the clip. Like, fade up to full, then pause for a few seconds.
I set my first keyframe, then went half way, set my second keyframe, then just re-did that second value again for the last one.

Again, turtleboy and Darth have far more knowledge in that area than I do.
Good luck, and hope you can figure it out!

Perhaps someone can help me with this then: I have moved on to the Trial Version of Sony Movie Studio (which is like a downgraded Sony Vegas).

When I set a keyframe, it gradually starts the blur and fades in until it reaches the next keyframe. Is there any way to get the blur to START/STOP directly ON the keyframe? It seems the gradual effect is default.

When you place your first keyframe, set the value to all the way fade. When you set the last one, start over and just re-set it to all the way fade.

I had this problem where I wanted the transition to stop and stay that way before the end of the clip. Like, fade up to full, then pause for a few seconds.
I set my first keyframe, then went half way, set my second keyframe, then just re-did that second value again for the last one.

Again, turtleboy and Darth have far more knowledge in that area than I do.
Good luck, and hope you can figure it out!

This is definitely the wrong forum for this kind of thing...but while it hasn't yet been moved I'll try and help!

Firstly, you shouldn't need more than one key frame for a single effect if you want it to be constant through the scene/event. If the effect is fading in it probably means you have applied the effect to a key frame at the end of the event and not the beginning - hence it increases gradually from nothing to full effect during the course of the clip! All you need to do is add the plugin, click on the keyframe at the start of the effect timeline (there'll be a keyframe there by default) and add as much blur (or whichever effect) as you like...that's it. You don't need to add any further keyframes (unless you want to vary the amount later) and it'll stay constant from the beginning to end.

Hope that helps!

:turtle:

P.S. You can do all of this with Vegas Movie Studio btw, using the cookie cutter plugin to create the layer mask and blur/pixelate plugins to generate the effect - it's the simplest way IMHO

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back