• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bowling for Columbine's unanswered question.....

mabus

1st Level Green Feather
Michael Moore has released his documentary "Bowling for Columbine," where he goes about and confronts people about guns and the second amendment. It features Kmart, Charleton Heston, a bank that offers a gun with a new account, etc.

The reason I'm a Conservative is kind of based on this movie. I have one question for Michael Moore, and I will be confrontational like him and actually mail it to him and ask him.

"Michael, you went around and asked all the NRA guys, and other law abiding citizens who choose to own guns, and portray them as kooks and bad guys. Fine. Statistics say most crimes involving guns involve illegal or stolen firearms.

Instead of asking those that actually follow the law why they use and own guns, why don't you actually go to the people who have committed the crimes, those in jail or those gang members and thugs who still terrorize the streets, and ask them why THEY use guns, seeing that they are the ones who go around shooting people? Or are you too afraid, of them and political correctness, and instead go after the easy targets?"

Moore...bah

I "tend' towards conservatism a bit also, but I like the concept of the film overall. The question of gun ownership and access is reasonable, although Mr. Moore has gone about addressing it in a fairly humorous ham handed way with this film. There are other issues that tie in with the tragedy at Columbine...parental responsibility, peer pressure, drug related behavior problems and general privacy and security in society, but the bottom line is that IF these maladjusted homicidial outcasts didn't have a way to easily and unobtrusively get weapons, Columbine might never have happened. Waving a stick as you run through the hallways just doesn't happen....
His ambush of an obviously ill Heston was in poor taste, but it's a movie with a viewpoint, and you should expect that when you enter the theater. Q

I like Mike Moore. He makes his points in an interesting and sometimes funny way (how to deal with the NY homeless? ship them to denmark!). But...

I don't always buy his arguments. Put simply, he's not a good enough journalist to be entirely believed. He only tells one side of the story, and while that's good to read, I wouldn't put my life on it.

Biggles

His first movie "Roger and Me" was OK, since then I think he has fallen steadily. I view him now as just another liberal with a political agenda.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back