• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Boys don’t cry (?)

Bohemianne

Verified
Given the same intensity of emotional turmoil, it has been proven in and out that women tend to cry easily. Their tear glands are like gargolyes with wail triggers…

1. What comes into your mind when a really macho man cries?
2. Guys, are there times that you really want to cry but just fighting it in front of anyone because it is lame?

Explain in your own POV, please. All genders can participate.

I hate it when my more macho friends cry because they only do that when they have a really good reason to. And it usually makes me cry too.

2. Guys, are there times that you really want to cry but just fighting it in front of anyone because it is lame?

1. I guess if they have a good reason to I'll just feel sorry/sympathize with them, but if it's a wussy reason, then I'll just get fascinated by the "contrast" I guess. Did I ever mention I love contrasts? :D In all shapes and forms, they're delightful! :doublethrust:

2. Well, yeah, basically every time I feel like crying, which is almost never anyway, but you get the idea. It's not because I have some vane idea of being "macho" though, it's just that I'm usually not very comfortable with showing my true emotions to people.

I'll cry when something saddens me to the point of crying.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. :)

I typically cry privately or when venting whatever is bothering me to a good friend.

Snail Shell

I'm very free with my emotions. I've got pretty thick skin, and if something gets to me enough to make me feel like crying, I might fight it if I'm in public, but if something effects me that deeply in the first place, it's hard to hold back.

Given the same intensity of emotional turmoil, it has been proven in and out that women tend to cry easily. Their tear glands are like gargolyes with wail triggers…

1) I just think I am sorry that something so bad has happened to this person to make them this sad. I make no other judgements.

2) I cry if I feel very sad whether its from a movie or real life events. I am an emotional person. Emotions are for the most part what make us human. I also cry ever time I see Steven Seagal act I think everyone does though. :p

I cry sometimes when I really miss home. I haven't back to Belfast in six years. I also cry at times when I hear the songs "Rambling Irishman" as it reminds me of leaving home, and especially "The Minstrel Boy" as it was sung at my Grandfather's funeral.

1. It must've been his dog. :(

2. Nope.

I suppose I would consider myself sort of a macho guy void of showing vulnerable emotion. Well, I cried right before my wedding a couple of weeks ago.

Years ago, my Father left us and as a family we've had nothing but problems. I never thought I would see my immediate family in the same place at the same time again and didn't expect them to show up for my wedding. Well, for my sake and to my absolute shock, my entire family showed up in unison to my wedding ceremony.

Combine that with a nigh perfect day with all my friends and family showing up. Right before my bride showed up and my best man ushered me into the groom's room to keep from seeing her, all the emotions of the day spilled over and I started crying. I expected all kinds of crap to go wrong and it ended up being as close to the perfect day as I could imagine. It was supposed to rain and it ended up being a beautiful, sunny day.

Funny thing was, my best man is an emotional guy and cries all the time. A few hours before this, he mentioned that he's never seen me cry and I said, "...and you never will." That was a strange twist of irony.

Sorry to run on.

I suppose I would consider myself sort of a macho guy void of showing vulnerable emotion. Well, I cried right before my wedding a couple of weeks ago.

Years ago, my Father left us and as a family we've had nothing but problems. I never thought I would see my immediate family in the same place at the same time again and didn't expect them to show up for my wedding. Well, for my sake and to my absolute shock, my entire family showed up in unison to my wedding ceremony.

Combine that with a nigh perfect day with all my friends and family showing up. Right before my bride showed up and my best man ushered me into the groom's room to keep from seeing her, all the emotions of the day spilled over and I started crying. I expected all kinds of crap to go wrong and it ended up being as close to the perfect day as I could imagine. It was supposed to rain and it ended up being a beautiful, sunny day.

Funny thing was, my best man is an emotional guy and cries all the time. A few hours before this, he mentioned that he's never seen me cry and I said, "...and you never will." That was a strange twist of irony.

Sorry to run on.

Wow...*curtsy* My best wishes to you and for that heartfelt story!!! I'm touched. I would certainly bawl and smear my whole face and demeanor if that happens to me.

-o0o-

Folks, thanks for the sincere words of expressing your stand on this thing. It has been one of the puzzles that I ponder on human differences whenever I wallow in the mire.

I think part of the reason I drink so much is because I never cry when I'm sober. You're only allowed to let yourself go when you're piss-drunk...a man takes his suffering out on his own body first.:toast:

If I ever feel like crying I will repress and wait for the sadness to turn to something I can comfortably manage such as anger. Otherwise I will hop onto Youtube and lose myself in music until my mood changes. I am not manly enough currently to lose the stigma against it for myself.

Fuck that, I'm a man. I singed my tear ducts shut with a soldering iron, then ate the iron.

1. I would sympathize with them.

2. I myself don't usually cry. If I have a problem I always just think of how it can be solved rather than cry.

1. It's usually a very heartwrenching situation. I've always considered my 76 year old father a macho/ tough guy; ex-military, retired law officer, etc.....he never cried and didn't tolerate me crying as I grew up. I've only seen my dad cry 3 or 4 times during my life; after mom died in 1977 being the first...and he acted like it embarrassed him afterwords to show such emotion (he bawled 25 - 30 minutes; ironically,that was the only time I ever saw him cry over mom's death, and it happened three days after her funeral; he kept it all bottled up inside until then).

2. There have been many times during my life when I wanted to cry but fought to maintain my composure; not neccesarily because it was "lame", but just not wanting to upset others or portray that image of myself in public. I'm a cancer survivor, and have lost quite a few young friends to the disease in recent years (many whom I met because of my illness and/ or Relay For Life). Last fall, I lost one of my best friends to leukemia; only 39 years old. I knew she was dying....would manage to remain cheery/ hold it inside until leaving the hospital, then cry all the way home. I did the same at her memorial service....kept it inside until reaching my truck, then the tears flowed. It wasn't as much trying to be "macho", but didn't want to break down in front of her husband, their two little girls, family....knowing they were already anguished and trying to be brave.

I don't cry often, but admit I cry much more often now than two or three decades ago. Most of the time, it's due to losing someone I love (dying) or watching them suffer; sometimes though, even a happy occasion can bring tears to my eyes; watching my young nieces & nephews excitedly opening their presents on Christmas morning, etc.....just from feeling so blessed to still be alive and with my family :)

Last edited:
I think it is fine for a "macho man" to cry. Just because someone is macho, doesnt mean they dont have emotions.

As to whether I fight back crying, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I have fought back tears just because I didnt want to let certain people have the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

I'm not a big crier. That having been said, I have cried hysterically at "normal times" of life shattering events. Deaths of close relatives, like grandparents, the night my parents split up, (I was 19 then) the day my mom found out she has cancer, and if I'm seeing my father for the first time after a long estrangement of years, which has happened several times.

I'd say to cry under the circumstances I mentioned is just demonstrating normal human emotions in extremely sad situations.

Mitch

1. It's usually a very heartwrenching situation. I've always considered my 76 year old father a macho/ tough guy; ex-military, retired law officer, etc.....he never cried and didn't tolerate me crying as I grew up. I've only seen my dad cry 3 or 4 times during my life; after mom died in 1977 being the first...and he acted like it embarrassed him afterwords to show such emotion (he bawled 25 - 30 minutes; ironically,that was the only time I ever saw him cry over mom's death, and it happened three days after her funeral; he kept it all bottled up inside until then).

2. There have been many times during my life when I wanted to cry but fought to maintain my composure; not neccesarily because it was "lame", but just not wanting to upset others or portray that image of myself in public. I'm a cancer survivor, and have lost quite a few young friends to the disease in recent years (many whom I met because of my illness and/ or Relay For Life). Last fall, I lost one of my best friends to leukemia; only 39 years old. I knew she was dying....would manage to remain cheery/ hold it inside until leaving the hospital, then cry all the way home. I did the same at her memorial service....kept it inside until reaching my truck, then the tears flowed. It wasn't as much trying to be "macho", but didn't want to break down in front of her husband, their two little girls, family....knowing they were already anguished and trying to be brave.

I don't cry often, but admit I cry much more often now than two or three decades ago. Most of the time, it's due to losing someone I love (dying) or watching them suffer; sometimes though, even a happy occasion can bring tears to my eyes; watching my young nieces & nephews excitedly opening their presents on Christmas morning, etc.....just from feeling so blessed to still be alive and with my family :)

^ I hear you. As a cancer survivor, I salute you for the courage. Everyone who can read this post will surely send positive thoughts and wish the best for you. Be well.

Deaths of close relatives, like grandparents, the night my parents split up, (I was 19 then) the day my mom found out she has cancer...

^ Cancer is really ...... Someone close to me who was young and beautiful died from it too years ago. Unspeakable circumstances... You've been through a lot lately. Give yourself a break.

-o0o-

Folks, thanks again for the feedbacks. I really appreciate it

I only cry for two reasons. 1. when i get frustrated from lack of tickling sessions, and 2. when i see how liberalism is destroying my country.

The only times i've seen a macho guy cry is when his favorite sports team loses, and I usually walk away till he gets over himself..

Theres been the odd time where a certain feeling would be nice to get over with a good cry, however, can never inspire such an act. I suppose i'm just stoic in nature

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back