• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bridging the gap between the tickling and D/s communities

I'd continue this discussion, but as everyone has already taken the "we're right, you're just in denial" stance there's nothing further I can contribute. I, however, share asu's viewpoint; I am not into power exchange; I enjoy tickling because of the tactile experience and the sensuality of the response. If you're so narrow-minded that you cannot see another viewpoint other than your own without labelling it denial, that's not my problem.

Merry Christmas, everyone. :)

Phineas said:

>>I, however, share asu's viewpoint; I am not into power exchange; I enjoy tickling because of the tactile experience and the sensuality of the response.<<

Well siad, Phin. I couldn't have explained it better myself.

I know some that are into the "lifestyle". Me, I abhor it. It might have cost me some friends in here. In fact, it casued me to lose someone I had cared about very much.

No matter.

I find absolutely no interest or "satisfaction", if you will, in having a tickle partner "submit" or anything else. It's simply a fun tactile experience. For what it's worth, anyone who needs to make another "submit", or walks around telling the world they're "dom" has a serious ego problem.

I know I'm gonna get torched for that last remark, but I don't care.

Phineas said:
I am not into power exchange; I enjoy tickling because of the tactile experience and the sensuality of the response.

Which means you're a tickle top and not a Tickle Master, which is way common and way cool; ain't BDSM a wide and wonderful world? :D

Happy Hollandaise!:santasmil

Bella

severe ignorance of what BDSM is all about

what I do involves no Bondage, Domination, Submission, or whatever it is M stands for (Machinery?) - so I think I've got a pretty good idea of whether or not I'm a "closet" whatever.

ain't BDSM a wide and wonderful world?

...I wouldn't know; I'm not a part of it.

You know Bella (and the rest), for people who preach tolerance and acceptance and wishing to bridge gaps caused by ignorance, you're doing an awful lot of close-minded labelling of those of us who don't share your views.

I could just as easily say anyone into submission has serious self-esteem issues and needs therapy, and if you don't agree with me you're just in denial, but that would get me in trouble, now wouldn't it?*

I tickled my wife last night. She was already in a seriously giggly mood so I just helped her along. We had great fun chasing each other through the kitchen and it ended up with her curled up into a little ball, slippers in the corner, while I tickled her feet and she laughed her ass off. There was no "submission", no "power play", just two people who love one another having fun and being close. If this is BDSM then so's eating a chocolate ice cream cone. (Submit to me, you willing little dairy product! I will consume you for my pleasure! NYAR!)

* Disclaimer - it's just an example.

Phineas said:
I tickled my wife last night. She was already in a seriously giggly mood so I just helped her along. We had great fun chasing each other through the kitchen and it ended up with her curled up into a little ball, slippers in the corner, while I tickled her feet and she laughed her ass off. There was no "submission", no "power play", just two people who love one another having fun and being close. If this is BDSM then so's eating a chocolate ice cream cone. (Submit to me, you willing little dairy product! I will consume you for my pleasure! NYAR!)

* Disclaimer - it's just an example.

Good point made here. Made me think of this.

A big difference between the BDSM world and the tickle world.

Whereas in BDSM it is more, structured and "ritualistic" as well as very "serious" and tickling being more spontaneous intense with a big dose of playfulness while having far more intensity as far as the feeling it induces throughout the mind and body.
Many points were raised here about the differences between the two and regardless of the "gap", those involved or alot of at least, who are into BDSM, will, while putting down tickling as being "baby games", will have fear of tickling making it a "hard limit".
Again, as I have stated earlier, having hung out in an SM club for many years, I have NEVER seen any of the S/Mers able to handle tickling. VERY few at the most have even considered trying it.
It reminded me of one time, I talked a Mistress and her sub into trying tickle torture and after a session, they thought very differently about tickle torture and recanted all the baby remarks thus giving it the respect it deserves. She, the Mistress, since has used tickle torture as punishment on her disobeying sub who still to this day as far as I know, strikes fear in her eyes heart and soul at the mere threat of being tickled.
Those kind of people strike me as being very hypocriticle.

At one time, I would care about bridging the gap between the two worlds but after all this in this thread, I see that the gap is too far for a mere bridge.

TTD

TickledToDeath said:
At one time, I would care about bridging the gap between the two worlds but after all this in this thread, I see that the gap is too far for a mere bridge. TTD

I am starting to agree. From some of the responses here, it is becoming painfully obvious that many in the tickling community are not open minded enough to accept any way but their own. :sowrong:

njjen3953 said:
I am starting to agree. From some of the responses here, it is becoming painfully obvious that many in the tickling community are not open minded enough to accept any way but their own. :sowrong:

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

Actually, I see unwillingness to "bend" on both sides of the fence. Bella's already indicated that you're either in agreement with her or in denial (lovely way to operate, that), and you're now indicating that we should either accept something we're not comfortable with or we're somehow ignorant or "bad" because of it.

I'm a proponent of live and let live; what you do with your life is your own business; but don't look down on me if I'm not willing to embrace it myself. I'm sure there are some things you won't go for under any circumstances that I'd dig in a heartbeat, but you won't find me rolling my eyes and sighing at your "ignorance" because of it.

Phineas said:
and you're now indicating that we should either accept something we're not comfortable with or we're somehow ignorant or "bad" because of it.

First of all, I never indicate. I say it straight. You should know that about me by now.

The key word here is acceptance. I am not saying to change your ways. I am not saying you should start living a bdsm lifestyle. What I am trying to do is show that we, as 2 communities, can co-exist due to the similar natures of what we love to do. We are all, infact, kinksters. We are NOT of the vanilla world when it comes to our playstyle preferences.

TickledToDeath said:
It was very irritating when I hung out at BDSM clubs in NYC when tickling and tickle torture was looked down upon and thought of as "baby games" and "childs play". Still is by some. Sad but true.

On the flip side of that coin, it was very satisfying to find that THOSE folks couldn't even handle the thought of being tickled, let along being tickled itself and the fact that they could handle being whipped,spanked,paddled, etc.
B]

Frustrating- and how! I went through this in Dallas when we had a VERY active chapter of PEP. Being the only tickler, it was very unsatisfying. Worse, the one time tickling did occur in a scene, I wasn't invited, even though everyone knew it was my "thing". I was willing to explore their ways, I mean, it's not that I wasn't curious, but they weren't willing to explore mine and I KNEW what I was interested in in that department!
I found their fear or lack of seriousness to be hypocritical and close minded. But oh my gosh, don't say anything bad about the latex enthusiasts or "cupping"! Wimps. Ultimately, it's all physical stimulation which causes chemical realeases from the brain - dom or sub, for example, no one says "no" to a back massage. Honestly, thanks to the In'ernet and phone chat lines, I don't know that the two need to be bridged. People into one will find each other, people into the other will find each other, and people into both, or wanting to explore, with find each other. What was tough was being young and trying to find my place and define, and explore, my interests. I know people get bent out of shape with age differences and all, but it would have been nice to have had a guide somewhere along the way...

BTW, I don't think that which is "typical" is automatically "stereotypical". I play light AND heavy. I do tickling as good clean tactile fun in and of itself, AND as a heavy serious thing to explore the strenghts and weakneses of myself and willing others. So I am in conflict with myself within this conflicted sub-class of adult play, and I hope that I get flamed by myself because I am so so wrong!

The Convolution In The Construction Of Classification Nomenclature?

Has even the tickling community become so myopically homogenized by "Political Correctness" (in language usage) that some us no longer have "skin thick enough" to look past stereotypical connotations long enough to impart a richly and mutually beneficial gradual transition to mutual acceptance as opposed to mutual exclusion?

I guess I should take heart in the fact that someday I will eventually have to have the same dialog with someone self-proclaimed to be intern the the D/s community who similarly makes paranoid attempts to deny the connection to D/s play as it relates to one of its "component branches," namely, tickle play (if I may paraphrase you a bit here, please, bella...thank you).

In the meantime, I think it would be interesting to reflect on some of the sentiments of a prior thread (sorry the link to that archive escapes me at this moment) that our dear friend and moderator DVNC made thoughtful posts to, resulting in the onset of some establishment of "PC" protocol when referring to folks such as the inhabitants of this forum.

So...what new apartheid mindset does this already beleagured community have to look forward to next? For example, in the aforementioned thread DVNC asserted (after thoughtful and laborious research on the topic) that the psychology community would classify the interest level of most here in tickling as a "paraphilia," whereas some found that term to be "too clinical" in that context to afford the use of that term and they prefer to refer to their affinity for tickling as an "interest." I don't suppose I'd have to look very far to find a "tickling enthusiast" here that would even be offended by having their affinity for tickling to be referred to as a form of the word "enthusiasm." (Did I coin yet ANOTHER offensive term here in my application of the words "affinity" or "enthusiast?" Spare me, please! :sowrong: )

I guess what I am about to say next might belong in the "General Forum" were it not relevent to the topic at hand (which I will soon establish to the satisfaction of most here), but if the U.S. is developing a serious problem in this day in age I, for one, vote we overcome the "blight" imparted by "PC" on the mentality and morality of our otherwise great nation.

In summary? I feel MANY of us here in the tickling community need to "get over ourselves a bit" and grow some harder bark. We've become way too "touchy-feely." For example, eventhough I proclaim I am a "Dominant" in other forums which would appreciate and expect such a proclamation, I would not be offended if someone referred to me or simply assumed (albeit, in error) that I was a "submissive." (Which happens often, due to stereotypical characterizations of "vanilla"-society-based-mindsets which promote the homologous notion that ALL MEN are submissive if one learns they have a taste for D/s play). Rather, I would politely and courteously make a cursory attempt to set the record straight. If I were met with insensitivity and/or further ignorance of my preferences, I would simply discontinue the conversation.

I guess my hope for the impetus of blurring that "schism" was fueled by the many fine folks I have met in this community who have true "acceptance" and emancipation from the fetters of rash judgement and preconceived notions containing little or no basis on fact or actual experience. And some people wonder why I am so pragmatic about human nature that I seem a "pessimist" on first inspection. Read this thread and wonder no more. Mystery solved. ;)

I am now inclined to agree with TTD and njjen...summarily that our confidence in human nature was misplaced on a too large a contingent in this forum to ever impart a greater good on this benevolent and peace seeking intiative.

Happy Holidays...at at time of year when peace is supposed to be at the forefront, I can't remember when we have been placed further from that objective.

Be well, tickle, and/or be tickled...let the flames continue, if they must, I guess. :zzzzz:

Last edited:
njjen3953 said:
Of course there was plenty of the usual spanking, flogging, pain play happening, but since McGyver and I are well known and liked in this group, everyone knows about our love, or love/hate in my case, of tickle torture play as well.

Well, I was tickled by males, females, subs and Doms last night and everyone had a blast. Many commented on how much fun tickling can be and I even saw some tickle play incorporated into the pain play.

Not sure where this thread made a wrong turn... :confused: :(

The whole reason I posted this was because I had such a positive experience. My bdsm friends were accepting of and even participating in tickle play.

I never considered that anyone would think I was trying to convert them. I honestly thought one or two people would say, "That's great, Jen. Glad you and your friends had a good time." and the thread would die.

bridge if you want to. don’t if you don’t. bridge and let bridge (or not...), I say!

the next person to over-think or judge is gonna get it! *wiggles fingers* don’t make me use these! I’ll do it... I will!

I have yet to find a preformed mold that I fit into. just lots of pieces I can completely relate to. I enjoy opinions that differ from my own and like to think that I learn from them. heck, I even went to a ’vanilla friendly’ D/s BBQ with Jen a while back. more pieces I could relate to. if I was judged, I didn’t know it ...or care. did meet some very nice people tho.

I think I’m starting to ramble.

just wanted to bust into a very serious thread and declare a tickle fight.

so... TICKLE FIGHT!!! *biffs the nearest over-thinker with a pillow*
razz_smiley

(also wanted an excuse to use this bad boy :D )

As I'm sufficiently far away from Ayla's revenge, I'll dare to throw in my € 0.02 :

A few years ago, I spent a whole vacation travelling through Germany's BDSM dungeons and find me some new 'victims'. It turned out that I was something of a missionary to those places: Many had no idea that something like 'tickle torture' or a 'tickling scene' existed at all. Most of them accepted it, and I experienced the joy of tickling a lot of 'first-timers'. All of the ladies enjoyed it, obviously beyond payment. I even had several free sessions with two of them, and several of the visited dungeons added tickling to their list of activities. At one place, the present subs even had a prolonged tickle fight among each other, to find out the most eligible 'slave' for me... :p

Only one dungeon reacted negatively, telling me to go to a normal brothel and tickle a whore, my request didn't belong to a place like theirs. But that was the only exception from the rule.

I've never had any experience with non-payment BDSM people so far, and frankly I'm not keen on it. Tickling is my choice of pain-free BDSM, because I hate pain, humiliation, or other forms of S/M play, but of cource I accept that people have different tastes. I do not expect them to like tickling, and I feel no inclination at all to try their methods. That doesn't exclude sensible discussions between adults, or acceptance of BDSM afficionados as equal persons.

Many people (males and females alike) enjoy giving up control in a vanilla play, some kind of lustful helplessness. Those are the people I wish for "crossovers", meaning bridging the gap between vanilla and tickling. I do not seek bridging gaps between tickle-fans and BDSM, Golden Shower, or any other fetishes. But I can understand why crossovers between the BDSM world and the tickling fetish would wish to do so. We just shouldn't hack at each other because of different tastes. Some of the comments here definitely lack civilized tolerance. After all, we're all some brand of 'deviants'... :rolleyes:

Here's My Point . . .

Ok, here's my point . . .
Whenever I see a Fetish Web Site, for instance, & I browse down the list of fetish activities, tickling is NOT there, & I feel 'left out' of the loop.
Tickling is NOT recognized by the Fetish Community as a 'REAL' fetish.
THAT's all I'M saying.
Whenever tickling was used in a 'scene' at a Fetish Club, it was only used for several moments, then they went back to the 'pain' aspect of BDSM.
When I asked, "Why didn't you tickle him/her longer"?
They're reply was, "Oh, I was just being a little playful."
I felt abandoned by the fetish community. Tickling, AGAIN, was separated from the rest of the fetish play & NOT considered a serious part of torture.
The few clubs that HAVE accepted tickling in their list of fetish play is all well & good, but that is an 'individual' acceptance & NOT by the fetish community as a whole.
Am I negative about it? YES! Why? Because we're STILL 'left out' & put aside, not part of the REAL fetish community.
Why should I care if the Dommes & Subs don't care?
I do care. I want tickling to be part of the fetish Community. But it's NOT! & I STILL feel alone. I just want tickling to BELONG to the bigger picture. It's NOT!
Whenever I go to a Fetish Club, I don't feel part of it because tickling is almost NEVER included & I'm walking around, trying to 'fit in' with everyone else. I feel I don't belong there.
Maybe it's just ME!

:shake:

...So the moral to all this is: If you're into tickling,don't bother with the BDSM community, unless you take a partner.

babinsky said:
:shake:

...So the moral to all this is: If you're into tickling,don't bother with the BDSM community, unless you take a partner.

OR, be proactive and try to change it. That is what McGyver Tklr, GuitarPeteTklr, shdwcoder and I have been able to start doing with our group. Go to the fetish clubs, meet people, make friends and then show them the magic.

Anything worth having in life is NOT attained through zero effort. I have said it before and will continue saying it. If you don't like something and are not willing to do something to change it, YOU LOSE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

Bart,
Did you happen to look at the link I posted earlier? It is a bdsm website that has an entire page dedicated to tickling.

Also, last June I went to the annual Leather Retreat. Next to Black Rose, it is probably the most well known and attended bdsm event in the country. One of the workshops they had on the schedule was tickling. It had nothing to do with my attendance either, as I registered at the last minute.

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back