• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

can one suffocate from tickling?

SadCuzNotTcklsh

2nd Level Red Feather
Is it possible suffocate from not breathing due to so much tickling?
I remember in school a teacher was saying how we can't drown ourselves, that there is something in our brain that will force us to get out of the water and get air. Something like that.

Is it the same for tickling/laughing? No matter how much we think we won't be able to breathe, will that part of the brain force us into taking a breath?

:hmm:

Well, let me be the first to point out that your schoolteacher was a 'tard. People commit suicide by drowning all the time.

But with tickling, I'm sure the most that could happen is that you'd lose consciousness... and after that, you'd start to breath again.

I know that you can't hold your breath until you die because your brain will force you to inhale, and trying to hold your breath for too long is how people drown. Sure you're not confusing the two?

And probably not.

People commit suicide by drowning all the time.

Yeah, but they do it in a way so they can't get themselves out of it! Like swimming in the open sea until they are just so exhausted that they can't swim anymore, or jump into a deep river with strong current. But have you ever heard of someone who drowned themselves in their own bathtub?

trying to hold your breath for too long is how people drown.

No it is not. You drown by inhaling water.

You can suffocate from drinking a glass of water...if you are unfortunate/clumsy/stupid enough that is. Morbid thoughts about how easy people can possibly die aside (under unlikely circumstances i´ll admit) i fail to see how tickling could suffocate anyone. Well unless the person in question chokes on their spit or something. Given that it´s the uncontrolled laughter that is preventing people from breathing properly how is that going to kill anyone if lack of breathing will cause you to lose consciousness (which in turn will automaticaly cause normal breathing to resume)? Can´t exactly tickle an unconscious person now can you? I suppose there are videos about tickling sleeping people but really i have yet to see an unconsious/sleeping person laugh quite THAT hard.

I suppose there are videos about tickling sleeping

Sleep and unconsciousness are two completely different things. I agree, if you actually laughed too hard to get enough oxygen, all that would happen is a loss of consciousness and you would breathe normally again.

Yeah, but they do it in a way so they can't get themselves out of it! Like swimming in the open sea until they are just so exhausted that they can't swim anymore, or jump into a deep river with strong current. But have you ever heard of someone who drowned themselves in their own bathtub?

No it is not. You drown by inhaling water.

Precisely. Drowning is caused by the lungs filling with fluid from which oxygen cannot be extacted by them.
However, it is (and sadly has been done) possible for someone to commit suicide in their own bathtub - just difficult to do as a natural panic reaction tends to take over the desire to die.

Tickling and excessive laughing is mostly harmless, but chronic asthmatics need to be careful as it is extremely likely to induce an attack.

However, it is (and sadly has been done) possible for someone to commit suicide in their own bathtub

True, but suicide in their own bathtub usually involves a hair dryer, razor blades or lots and lots of sleeping pills. Nobody just puts their head underwater in a bathtub and drowns! :)

True, but suicide in their own bathtub usually involves a hair dryer, razor blades or lots and lots of sleeping pills. Nobody just puts their head underwater in a bathtub and drowns! :)

Yep, you're right. It it a particularly stupid way to accomplish a particularly nasty task.
Suicide is a truly horrendous and very un-Christmassy subject. I'm sorry to have dwelled upon it. Please let's get back to tickling - at least that involves lots of laughter :)

Suicide is a truly horrendous and very un-Christmassy subject.

I dare to object....suicides tend to increase dramatically during Christmas time. ;)

I dare to object....suicides tend to increase dramatically during Christmas time. ;)

LOL, stop it. I know, but I'm trying to turn the subject away :p
I feel guilty for going on about it and want to change the subject. Are you determined to make me squirm? ;)

Careful

It is important to be careful with exceedingly prolonged bouts of tickling. Taking someone to that level of respiratory and cardiac distress could lead to a heart attack or stroke - it's not the likely outcome, but it is possible. It's also a good way to leave someone with a bad headache and/or a queasy stomach. Pay attention to your partner, and always make sure both of you are having fun.

You actually heard of someone who just laid down in their bathtub inhaling water?

Not all people who die are adults... not the direction the thread wanted to take, I'm sure... but, yeah it went there.

Death by tickle torture is an interesting concept but it's merely a dark fantasy. It can happen in stories, but not in reality no matter what blog said it could. X3

Though~ I'd be concerned with the use of gags, ballgags and the like under a tickle/bondage induced panic attack. Though I would hope one would take it slow in their quest to be put under stricter bondage to know how they'd react in those situations.

Personally, as much as I love tickling~ it honestly would terrify me if I was tied and tickled in a situation where I couldn't breathe or laugh freely from my lips, as I can panic like crazy in situations like that. In a nonconsensual situation, it could be an issue... whether one would suffocate, I am unsure~ but it wouldn't be pleasant! (Hopefully at least the tickling would be~ >.>)

I know children die in bathtubs, but they don't commit suicide in bathtubs!

Yes, but she was responding to the statement "Nobody just puts their head underwater in a bathtub and drowns!". I can see where the misunderstanding can come from here. <3

LOL, this thread is getting more and more morbid by the minute. Merry Christmas everyone, PMSL.
Rhiannon, if you don't cheer up I'm going to come over to Germany and tickle some smiles out of you (if I can get across the terrible snail encrusted barrier of France that is!!!) Everyone else (probably bloody American yankee-doodles) just cheer up - you're all supposed to be daft and easily manipulated, everyone knows that. Now, which nations have I not offended yet? Come on, it's time for a fight! We Brits are far more arrogant and think we're better than anyone else - who'll take me on?
For fuck sake, it's Christmas, let's have a scrap instead of discussions about suicide - it's far more fun and productive ;)

I AM cheery, I LOVE morbid topics....I watched Sweeney Todd on Christmas! :)

LOL, I decided, on Christmas Eve, to watch "The Road" on DVD. Anyone who's watched this movie, I'm sure you can imagine the Christmas cheer it filled me with ;)

As a teacher, your teacher was an idiot. LOL I wanted to say "tard" but that was already used once.

I used to stop my lers in fear that I would die, but having met a relentless ler, he refused to stop so I made an unfortunately discovery. My body has a defense mechanism- When I am being tickled so much that I swear I am going to pass out- Silent laughter... no breathing, my body will just stop laughing. Everything tickles just as much, but I just lay there going through the torture, and then when I can breathe again, the squealing, laughing, and screaming ensues.

Darn defense mechanism means that I get no breaks. Doesn't mean I won't go insane from the non-stop tickling. I remember thinking to myself one time, honestly, if he doesn't stop, I'm going to be committed. I knew I was going to just go insane. I think right afterwards, he stopped.

So to answer your question- I think... yes only- if the lack of breathing triggered a heart attack or led to like cardiac arrest. I'm not a doctor (Although I am when we role play- sometimes)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back