• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Can such a theory be proved?

Rustenexcel87

Verified
Hi all, Well I’m not really well know on here but seeing as how this is my 100th post, I thought I would try to post something of quality.

Ok so this bar Saparrow's by my house has a film festival every 3 months. People wishing to take part in the festival all show up to the bar one night to enter the contest. After putting down $20 two hats are passed around to the perspective film makers. One hat contains a bunch of movie titles and the other hat contains a genre. Participants pick the movie title and genre at random out of each hat. Based on that you then have one month to make a 3 minute (no more no less) short film in the genre you picked with the particular random title you picked. The films are then submitted to the bar where they are shown 3 times a week for about 2 weeks. They are judged by a panel of I think 5 impartial judges and then there is a gala awards night complete with the film makers cast and crew walking a red carpet. All the films are shown then awards are given out. The film voted best picture wins all the contest entry cash in this case $400. Oh and one more thing. This time each film had to have some form of the line "tell it to me in my ear," and copy-writed music is frowned upon given that these films are then put up on the Bar's you tube channel but nevertheless still legal.
What you are about to see is a movie my friend made. I have a small supporting role in it. I’m the doctor, no people I’m not the girl. We had a cast and crew of 6. Our mandated title was "An Unprovable Theory" and our predetermined genre was health and fitness. My friend wrote the script while we were in another bar discussing what we could do. An old Saturday Night Live from the 70s was on one of the TV's in the bar (can you say slow sports day?) There was a Mr. Bill skit on. (The ping-pong-ball puppet who always get the daylights beat out of him in every skit.) Well long story short we decided to use puppets in our film and make it into a twisted young children's T. V. show after watching the skit.
What you are about to see now is the directors cut of the movie my team entered. Having never done this our movie went overtime by almost 2 minutes since we had a lot of dialogue. We had to cut it down to 3 minutes to enter it into the contest.
If you're interested take a look. I'll also posted the link to the 3 minute version we entered if anyone cares to see it, as well as some of my favorite films submitted for the contest.
By the way our movie was nominated for Best Actress and Best Picture although we did not win. In all there were 14 movies and films got nominated in 5s. This was not about winning though this was about going out and doing something different and having fun in the process.

Take a look and tell me what you think if you feel so inclined. Can’t wait to the next contest.

Director's cut.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFlvw-vbf4k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFlvw-vbf4k?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well done! Quite entertainiing...Cant wait to meet you in February!

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video bc I don't feel like plugging in my headphones lol but I wanted to say I like the concept of how they do their film festival... it seems interesting to make a random 3 minute from a genre and a title you pick out of a hat. We havve a couple different types of film festivals in my city, but that would be a cool thing to do.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back