• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cheer-Up Tickling

marzbarz

TMF Expert
When would it be appropriate to tickle someone when they are sad and have them be okay with it? And how would you go about doing this?

A few weeks ago my ladyfriend called me over to her house because she was feeling overwhelmingly sad. I got to her door and knocked. She opened it and began crying. We hugged and she led me to the couch where she laid down and proceeded to place her bare feet on my lap. No words were exchanged for about two hours as I gently tickled her tootsies until she felt better.

As you can see, she made the first move. Had she not freely given me her feet, I don't think I would've suggested foot tickling to her as a remedy for her sadness. It would seem like I had a hidden agenda or ulterior motive or something instead of being fully sympathetic to her sadness had I asked her if I could tickle her.

Last edited:
This is the way I'd use tickling to cheer someone up when they're down. First, I wouldn't go straight into it, 'cause...yeah, more often than not, the person wouldn't appreciate that, for he or she is trying to cope with something tough or stressful or something. I'd simply just...be a friend. Offer to listen. Let him or her know that you're there to listen or help. Let them get it all out of their system. Just try to form that connection with them, and talk about the problem at the pace the person is comfortable with.

When everything is said and done, and the person feels a little better...then tickle lightly, playfully, just to incite a smile and a giggle. It'll be like a sign of caring and an attempt to cheer that person up, and then that person would appreciate it and welcome it.

I'm guessing it's different for different people...like, some would welcome an initial tickle attack, and others wouldn't want a tickle at all when they're down in the dumps. I just takes a little empathy to figure out which is which. :)

Happy tickles!!! <<<<----

It can be a good thing, yes. Of course, as with anything it is all about knowing when's a good time for that, and when isn't. Obviously not knowing the difference would get you in alot of trouble I'd imagine. But it can be a great way to get someone to cheer up a bit.

I feel that should be something that the upset person should start. There are going to be times when it is not appropriate at least from my stand point. If I'm sad or depressed I just want to be cuddled and held. If I'm mad it's better to just not touch me at all. I like to keep tickling associated with my good moods and pleasure.

it fully depend on the person, alot of people dont like being tickled, so no matter what time you choose to do it youl probably end up making things worse not better, and for someone who does like it, if your lucky enuf to know, i guess the right time would reveal itself out of common sense,

personally i beleive there are far better ways to cheers someone up, altho i guess it depends to what degree theyre upset, for example, a girl mate of mine was cheated on by her long term boyfriend the other week at a club we were in, they then had a huge argument and with that the relationship came to a close, i went outside to talk to her and she was really really upset, now she doesnt mind a tickle or 6 but it ws the last thing on my mind when it came to attempting to cheer her up, i think if someones truely upset about something important, then they just need support rather than tickling.

Well, the interesting situation, yesterday I was depressed and I was crying. My guy friends were the ones trying to make me feel better. One of them suggested that they tickle me. My other friend said, "no, some people don't like to get tickled when they're crying. They'll just get mad at you." I actually wouldn't have minded since they were, in fact, trying to cheer me up. I almost wanted them to, since I was feeling so rotten. lol. It got me curious. :p

One of my female friends did what Featherfingers talked about in his post a couple of times with me...I'd begin to listen to her lament about whatever it was that saddened or bothered her, letting her vent about it or whatever, then...in the course of getting over it, she'd just put her feet on my lap. After I could see there was sufficient transition in her mood, I'd gently tickle her feet (especially since she knew full well I would)....funny thing too is....those were really the only times she'd let me tickle her feet for any real stretch, as she really couldn't take much of it otherwise...LOL.

But...as it has been suggested....there was a good bond and real trust between us, and she knew me tickling her feet would be an easy fix to curb her blues.

The ones who mentioned forming a bond of trust are absolutely dead-on. If I were upset and a close friend decided to offer a tickle (and it would have to be an offer, springing it on me could go one of two ways...), I would be elated. If someone I barely knew did it, I could be quite unnerved, particularly if I had no attraction to them. I would be horrified if someone in my family offered that solution, since it ties in with intimacy for me and it would gross me out coming from a relative. But, that's just my opinion.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back