• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

comprehension

Mr Horseradish

hey, im new. heres an interesting one...how many of you (in words) can explain non existence? What happens to us after death? im not relying on your answers..im just curious.

i'm sure there are some people that say there is no such thing as non existance...some people would say that anything you could ever hope for or dream of...or think of....exists somewhere in some place... the only defintion i can think of for non existance is whatever it is..or was..can no longer be found anywhere..or anyplace...as for when we die..call me an optimist..but i like to think we still exist in some form...hopefully in a happy place.

The definition of nonexistance will vary based upon if you mean by and internal or external perspective.

For example, both of my parents are long dead. But since the memories of them live on in my (and anyone else who might have known them) head, they are not fully in the realm of nonexistence They still exist in a etherial way. Nonexistence is difficult to achieve on this level, for ones actions echo on in real ways that have effect. The 14th century Lithuainian who was my forebearer might all but be forgotten in name, appearence, actions, and dreams, but his genetic signiture lives on in me. Thus he is not yet gone. He is yet to be fully nonexistent.
The definition here is to be totaly forgotten in all ways, leaving no sign or mark of ever having been here in any way shape and form.

If you mean in the first person perspective, that of the dead person. Then the definition is very simple: To be not.

Myriads

Like all Jedi...I hope to pass over and become One with the Force.:cool:

i was going to say that guitman, but it would have taken to long to type. :D

An easy one

non exsistance is called "First division football" and thats where my team is headed end of this season unless one or two over paid over weight Italians start earning their money, UP THE RAMS!!!!

:wow: Whoa guitman, that's DEEP!

But seriosly, I don't really think that non-existance is something that the human mind can encompass. The human mind is actually fairly limited when it comes to grasping numbers. For Example: its easy to picture a hundred suirrels, maybe even a thousand for some people, but can anyone really understand the idea of 5 trillion squirrels? Not to mention an infinity of those PESKY DAMN...sorry, lost the happy...:D . But on the opposite end, it is impossible for anyone to honestly belive that a sqirel never existed. somewherre back in our subconcious, we know what is and is not real. So, basically, anything we think of must exist, at least in some capacity. Plus, if truly nothing existed, who would be around to think about it. Its a situation that's never likely to come up, so naturally our minds are not trained to deal with it.

by the way, this is my 50th post *ahem* WOOOOOOHOOOOO!:veryhappy *cough* and i think that means i become an official novice (yep! that goes on the resume)so i thought i would make this post something profound. thanks for humoring me!

I just LOVE Guitman's definition. Very cool!

This will sound very wierd but when you consider a person's personality when they are alive and all the energy behind that it's hard to imagine that all that energy ceases to exist when death occurs.
I've had experiences where people who have passed seemed to guide me. They let their presence be known through signs somehow. So although they're dead I could feel their spirit still.

What's New

6/8/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back