• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Considering a version of "Verified" for the TMF

I find it interesting that most of the people on here that think this is a great idea do not have profile pics.
It appears it would be great to verify other peoples profile pics but not necessarily your own.

Because it's not a "You need a face to post here" rule, it's just saying that running your identity past a mod or something would get you a TMF equivalent of a "blue checkmark" on Twitter.

You likely wouldn't need a pic on your profile to verify. I'm sure you could verify privately with a mod and still get the verified tag so at least people know you're who you describe yourself as. Or can make your profile pic only visible to friends.

It's not required either way and if you never plan to interact outside the forum, don't see how it's a big deal, unless you have a fake alternate account

Because it's not a "You need a face to post here" rule, it's just saying that running your identity past a mod or something would get you a TMF equivalent of a "blue checkmark" on Twitter.

The reply I received from the moderator is as follows.
“If you use pictures and claim that they're you, verification would give other people the ability to feel confident that they really are you.”

You do not need to post your pic here is correct.
However, you would need to post your pic to be verified, receive a check mark.
The pic is what is verified. No pic, nothing to verify.

“If you use pictures and claim that they're you, verification would give other people the ability to feel confident that they really are you.”

And yet you don't have to. You could skip being verified and post a pic, you could be verified via vid chat with a mod privately and not post a pic, or you could do none or all of the above.

I don't see the big deal. If it's not for you, then don't do it

And yet you don't have to. You could skip being verified and post a pic, you could be verified via vid chat with a mod privately and not post a pic, or you could do none or all of the above.

I don't see the big deal. If it's not for you, then don't do it

Maybe you could be verified w/o posting a pic.
That is not how I understand this, but I could be wrong.

You are correct it is not a big deal.
I just think it is interesting the number of people that agree it's a great idea.

Maybe you could be verified w/o posting a pic.
That is not how I understand this, but I could be wrong.

You are correct it is not a big deal.
I just think it is interesting the number of people that agree it's a great idea.

Well, for example, as Jeff said, anyone that's been to a NEST can be verified. Not everyone that's been to NEST has a picture.

I think the number of people that agree isn't a sign of anything more than maybe it will be a popular idea.

Well, for example, as Jeff said, anyone that's been to a NEST can be verified. Not everyone that's been to NEST has a picture.

I think the number of people that agree isn't a sign of anything more than maybe it will be a popular idea.

In one case Jeff has said he could verify people he has met and doesn't need to see their pic. In another case he said what is being verified is the pics people post to represent themselves. Apparently the details are still to be worked out. What do you suspect Jeff is verifying if he is verify something other than peoples pics?

In one case Jeff has said he could verify people he has met and doesn't need to see their pic. In another case he said what is being verified is the pics people post to represent themselves. Apparently the details are still to be worked out. What do you suspect Jeff is verifying if he is verify something other than peoples pics?

That the person is who they describe themselves / present themselves to be in their profile. Again, it's optional and I don't think you'd have to post one publicly to be a verified person.

Most people have facebook or something, right? I would think even as something as a fb message saying "Yeah that's me on there" would also work, and wouldn't require even adding anyone. Unless you're afraid of mods/admins collecting dox on people for god knows whatever reason I don't see why that wouldn't be an adequate route to go as well.

Most people have facebook or something, right? I would think even as something as a fb message saying "Yeah that's me on there" would also work, and wouldn't require even adding anyone. Unless you're afraid of mods/admins collecting dox on people for god knows whatever reason I don't see why that wouldn't be an adequate route to go as well.

I dunno that many would be trying to have any connection between their FB and here. Even just a message, the site gonna start sending you ads for bondage and adult Kindle books.

I dunno that many would be trying to have any connection between their FB and here. Even just a message, the site gonna start sending you ads for bondage and adult Kindle books.

Well I meant like specific people, presumably everyone on here that has a fb keeps it "vanilla" so I can't see how DMs between individuals who could vouch for one another not being a catfish (the forum itself wouldn't factor into the process) would bring about that, though I do use and update AdBlocks religiously so I'd be lying if I said I was 100% sure that wouldn't be a risk.

Also, I can understand folk that haven't been to an event or are unable to attend one not wanting to give out their full name. And it's not terribly hard to fake a FB page.

That's not correct - verification would just require some kind of live, face-to-face interaction with a moderator, either at a gathering or by video chat (for example using your phone.)

You wouldn't have to post anything publicly, or share anything about yourself with anyone.

I mentioned pictures because one of the things we often see here is brand new (mostly female but occasionally male) accounts with tons of pictures of themselves.

The pictures are just stolen from somewhere on the internet, probably some random person's social media account. So what I meant was that in THOSE cases, where someone DOES have pictures, if they are verified, you could be reasonably confident that the pictures are really theirs.

We have a problem here with people creating multiple identities and using them to interact with people in a fake way.

For example, someone will create a female identity and use it to flirt with people in the chatroom. Then if things go wrong, or they don't get the response they wanted, they abandon that account and create a second, different female identity. And they chat with the same people they chatted with the first time, while pretending to be someone completely different. I've banned trolls who had three or four separate fake accounts.

It's very unfair to the people they're talking to, who might think they're making a real connection with a real person.

Verification would be a way of saying "I can be reasonably confident that this person chatting with me is an actual human being instead of just one of someone's multiple fake identities."

You could be verified and not post pictures because, again, all that's being verified is that you're a person who can have a face-to-face conversation with a moderator. In other words, that you're NOT some guy pretending to be a fake identity (or several of them in some cases.)

But if you're just here using the forum normally and not posting pictures of yourself or trying to meet people, you might decide you don't care about verification at all, and just ignore it.

Which would be completely fine and you'd never notice a difference, the forum would be exactly the same for you as it is right now.

It seems like a good idea for those that want to do it, especially people looking for real-life connections.

As long as there's a mechanism for those who don't want to opt in I think it's a good idea, would save a hell of a lot of issues when people get tricked on here.

As long as there's a mechanism for those who don't want to opt in I think it's a good idea, would save a hell of a lot of issues when people get tricked on here.
I agree Lisa, I mean part of it should be too make people more safe, but I don't think it would be a very gd idea too pressure people into it. I mean I would not mind it myself because I think it's a good thing that you can know who your talking too but I am not going hate the people who think otherwise. After all everyone's entitled too their own opinion!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Strongly support. I've had a number of frustrating catfishing experiences here over the years.

100% in favor. Fetlife already has that option and I would choose a verified guy over unverified any day.

I realize this has already been implemented here on TMF and on its face seems like a pretty good idea, however, I feel like I should point out that not everyone has the internet power or device power to Skype (me included).

That's a really great idea for everyone's safety tbh. And I second that dating apps should have that too.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back