• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Developing a new (free) web-service for the community - suggestions/ideas?

Percipient

I've done webdesign professionally for some time now, and I was looking for a new project to take on in my spare time...I haven't given back anything to this community even though I've taken so much work from others for free here, so thought it might be time for me to try and do just that.

I notice that the "Tickle Role-Playing" is pretty popular on these forums, and I like the idea of making these role plays public so a group of people can have fun making them post by post, and then many others can have fun reading them as well. This can often be accomplished in forums by making post after post, but I feel this is not a good infrastructure to facilitate the process.

So, I thought I might make something that could do it better, and want to present it here so I can get any suggestions or ideas about it from the community.

The web-service would allow people to create and view a variety of "characters" in the public database, the creation of which would be a relatively simple process completed by filling out a few text boxes. The characters would have names, a description (including physical appearance, clothing, initial setting/situation, etc.), a special text box to describe their ticklish spots :), and the final version might have an option to upload a character avatar or a few other things. After creating a character, any logged in user could leave a post confronting the character in whatever role playing style they liked, and the community could leave posts acting as both third parties interacting with (mostly tickling ;) ) the character, and/or the character themselves responding to those actions, in a sense building a long story dialogue between third parties the community makes up and this character.

In this way, a long back and forth dialogue would develop, which anyone could add to simply by making a post, eventually and hopefully resulting in long role plays that are of good quality, available to everyone who uses the service, and that can be read in an entire page (no next or previous buttons like forums, all the data will be loaded instantly and on the same page using a technology called AJAX). Being sorted by character will help keep things organized, and adding features like up vote/down vote will allow for the unskilled posts that the public doesn't like to be hidden by default, or even replaced, and the good ones to get their credit.

To mention some of the more important ideas I had for this project, which I would be happy to hear opinions on, see below list:

1. To motivate users to post more and build a community filled with content, I was strongly considering implementing a simple feature that allows new users to see only one character in the database, and then allows users to be able to view one new character for each post they make (i.e. they make 2 posts on the default character, adding content to the community, and this gives them access to two other characters.)
  2. Up votes and down votes would be possible per response, and if enough down votes were registered, that post would be hidden, so the worst posts don't take up space
  3. Each post would also require a "situation" to be typed out, which would represent what situation the character is in when the post is finished....i.e. if the post contains something like ::manages to muscle her hands behind her back, and bind them there with a short length of rope:: when done with writing that past, the user might put into the situation box something like *hands bound behind back with rope* and this would be presented in between each post keeping track of the characters environment.
  4. User can choose to be completely anonymous, or to have their username shown to others when creating characters or posts

I'd be happy to receive any other suggestions or ideas so feel free to speak up. Also, please let me know in general if this is something you think would be worth checking out and using. I've already written a lot of the code necessary for a service like this and it would probably just take a few days to get things together if it's something the community would like and use.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/7/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for a wide range of clips from dozens and dozens of producers.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back