• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do You Carry Cash and Coins or just use Bank/Credit Cards?

BellaRisa

4th Level Blue Feather
This may be a weird question but I'm curious, how many folks still carry cash and coins on a regular basis? Working from home I only leave the house a few times per week and do most shopping online, I almost never have to use 'real' money. I rarely have any on me, we went to a local festival last weekend that required it and I realized my nearest ATM had been moved months ago and I had no idea, lol. My children are constantly annoyed because I never have any quarters for the vending machines at the supermarket or mall :p

I almost never carry cash on me. Which is to say that, since my sophomore year in high school, the only reason I ever have cash on me is if I need it for a very specific purpose.

I bank out of state, so I never use ATMs unless I have no choice. I almost never carried cash until recently, when I started to budget my weekly lunch. I now get $20 cash back whenever I do my weekly shopping at Walmart. Getting cash back avoids hefty and ridiculous ATM fees.

I almost use my debit card exclusively. I'll probably start using cash more often though because of the charges banks place on venders for the use of credit/debit cards. One place where I shop for my seafood has a sign on their cash register telling you they do charge extra if you use a card.

There is nothing better than the feeling of a thick wad of fresh notes in your pocket :D

We do cash as much as possible. If we're shopping and go over what we have on hand, we'll use the ATM card. But...with the exception of special occassions, trips and the like...we try to not use credit cards. If we don't have the money on hand and it's not a necessity, we generally just don't do it. We don't feel like paying that much more for stuff, which we would with the interest rates on credit cards.

We VERY rarely buy anything online since so many sites aren't as secure as they want people to think. I have a checking account that we use exclusively for my car insurance. Since my ATM card has a visa logo, we just toss a few bucks in there and use that if we do find something we want to purchase online. If someone gets at the account, there's never anything there for them to take anyway since we deposit money only when we're going to use it.

There is nothing better than the feeling of a thick wad of fresh notes in your pocket :D

Amen to that.

But to answer the question it depends on what my plans are for the day. I use my cards enough that they stay active like if I want or need something or booking a room at vacation time. Otherwise I usually pay either cash or locally I can use a check. As a rule I always keep a little cash on me...just in case.

Last edited:
I have credit cards, a debit card, and `cash with me at all times. :D

It's the funniest thing: whenever I swipe my debit card over a stripper's g-string, she just gives me a strange look.

Until someone takes your thick wad of fresh notes :D

I keep some money (but not coins) on me but it's almost always debit transactions.

I carry what I make out of my tips in pocket unless it reaches over 50 dollars. I drive Domino's Pizza around so I make cash almost daily.

Everything else is put away into a checking account in the bank. I ONLY use my bank card for big purchases. A big purchase to me is anything over 100 dollars. With my rule of no more than 50 on me, I always have over 100 dollars in the bank to be able to make whatever my big purchase is. I try to keep those down to about 3 a year.

I always carry a small amount of cash for incidental purchases. Standing in line behind people who whip out plastic when they are only spending a few dollars is annoying. If I'm booking a hotel or motel room or flight I use my Visa card. When traveling I use the card for gasoline and most of my expenses and usually use it for gas, groceries and any purchase over $25 when I'm in Austin or nearby.

I primarily use cash. I learned my lesson the hard way when I screwed up my checking account and had it closed. Using debit/credit cards are too easy so I almost always have cash on me.

I have one credit card that I use sparingly just to help build my credit rating and I have a check card that I rarely use because my checking account is primarily used for bills. I also have a second check card that is used solely for online purchases; I transfer the necessary amount whenever I make a purchase online. If it is ever stolen, there's usually nothing on there to steal.

I usually have a small amount of cash on me ( < $20), and the rest goes on the card. I find if I have more cash than that, I spend it frivolously

Very rarely ever carry cash, its all on the card.

I would prefer to only use debit/credit cards because then I have a running record of every dollar.

However, some places in my area are "cash only" and others have minimums for credit card use. I know the latter is not allowed by credit card companies, but it's rampant. I try to always have 40 bucks on me

I'm the same as Sasaxrah though I don't like to carry cash around me in any denomination because I'm much more apt to spend all of it and use my debit instead of just using my edbit. At least with debit and credit, interest on credit aside, there's always a paper trail for purchases I make or if my card gets compromised. (which it has already once, I truly have never been or purchased anything in New Jersey)

Depending on the situation I may end up with some cash on me but I generally find it more of a nuisance than a benefit since it ends up going soon after I withdraw it and wallets tend to break fast with me so cash doesn't end up liking me.

I always have a small amount of cash, as well as my ATM card. If I have to buy.. say..a newspaper, or a pack of gum for less than a buck, a debit card seems pointless. Plus, my big city upbringing taught me to have cash on me at all times.

Mitch

Until someone takes your thick wad of fresh notes :D

I keep some money (but not coins) on me but it's almost always debit transactions.

Always a possibility, I agree :D I dunno, I've had some accidents when using a card, that's why I prefer cash. But both have their pros and cons, that's for sure :)

I keep a small wad of cash stashed in the car, just in case. Other than that, I don't carry it. Money is FILTHY. I used to do cash accounting for a large store back in college... And when I'd go home, my hands would be filthy. Nowadays, I just use my credit card for everything. (to earn reward points)

I carry both credit and debit cars with me at all times, however, I prefer to use cash as much a possible. Cash is King

I keep a small amount of cash on me; if I keep too much it'll drag me to the store and make me purchase stuff that I don't need.....

I only have a department store credit card but I use my debit card a lot. I enjoy online shopping immensely--absolutely hate crowds.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back