• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do You Keep Your Cell Phone On All Night?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
As promised, I've been restricting personal issues to my blog, but something happened last night that caused me to want to ask a general question.

My question to forum members is: Do you keep your cell phone turned on all night, or do you turn it off before going to sleep? When my mom had her final illness, I kept my phone on 24-7, in case the nursing homes or hospitals needed to call me immediately, which was the right thing for me to do, as sometimes I would get calls about her condition in the middle of the night.

Since then, for whatever reason, I've just been keeping my cell phone on at night.

My aunt the astrologer never sleeps. Sometimes, she will call me at.. 1130. or midnight.,.after I'm finished watching Jim Gardner. That doesn't bother me so much.. because I'm usually up until at least.. 12 or 1230.

Last night.. I was just about to go to sleep, and my phone rang.,. after 1 am. I was truly pissed. When the phone rings that late.. the first inclination is to think that something is terribly wrong. I wasn't fast asleep yet, but my heart stopped when the phone rang. There wasn't anything wrong with her, she was just calling.. because she never sleeps.

She doesn't get up until noon, and I'm usually up anywhere between 5 and 6am. I wasn't really able to fall back to sleep after the post 1 am phone call., so.. this morning.. I called her and left her a nasty message at 6am.

I told my dad that henceforth.. I'm going to have to turn my phone off at night, unless someone is sick.. or there's a reason for me to keep it on. He understood my position.

Sorry for the long story.. that's the general question. Do you keep your cell phone on all night? Thanks.

I keep mine on all night.But I set it on vibrate. I have an Iphone. I am not sure if anyone can leave me a voice mail if my phone is off.

Thanks, Zod.

I have an I phone too, but its a very old one, like six years old. Maybe I should play with the settings.. to keep it on vibrate at night.

I keep mine on, usually silenced. But I have family and employees who text and call me any time.

Thanks, des, and I understand why you keep your phone on all night.

Always on, for me, since I use mine as an alarm clock.

Just an FYI, but you can turn off your phone's sound overnight, and if you need an alarm, the alarm will still work. At least, I've been doing it for years on a blackberry and now a smartphone. Not sure about old flip phones, though.

Try turning sound off, and set your alarm like 2 minutes ahead and see if it works.

I keep mine on all night.But I set it on vibrate. I have an Iphone. I am not sure if anyone can leave me a voice mail if my phone is off.

Zod, you will still get voice mails if your phone is turned off. Those messages are saved by your cell phone carrier, and can be played back when the phone is turned on. Then, you can save or delete them.

Zod, you will still get voice mails if your phone is turned off. Those messages are saved by your cell phone carrier, and can be played back when the phone is turned on. Then, you can save or delete them.

your cell phone carrier will first listen to them to make sure they are suitable for you

your cell phone carrier will first listen to them to make sure they are suitable for you

Are you sure about that? I don't like that idea at all. I pay T-Mobile to save and forward voice mails to me, not listen to them and decide what is or is not 'suitable' for me. I can make that decision for myself, thanks.

Sorry to the OP, this thread is getting off topic. My fault, and I'll drop it.

Tis okay. Off topic doesn't bother me. I appreciate that the replies are civil.

I have to figure out how to use the alarm clock on my phone. I use my phone as a watch when I'm outside, but when I'm home, I can look at the time either on the comp, the cable box, or my phone.

Nope, I turn it off for the night and turn it back on only after I'm at work. Sleep time is just that - sleep time, and I don't want to be disturbed lol.

Thanks, DS, and I understand what you mean.

I've been shutting my phone off every night recently, so I don't get those late night calls.

Nope... But, I should get in that habit of turning it off, and put more trust in my alarm clock.

If I didn't have elderly relatives/friends who have a habit of needing me in the middle of the night, I'd probably shut it off too haha. I just don't want to take the chances.

My relatives are elderly too, but my father has a wife who lives with him, and could help him if something was wrong with him. . My aunt's calls are far more scary than if I shut it off, because, they make me think something is wrong, when thankfully it isn't. Plus, maybe I'm a bit more sensitive than usual, after all the middle of the night calls I was receiving from the hospitals and nursing homes, in the last weeks of my mom's life.

I keep mine on all night, but usually on silent. And I would not answer it after a certain time, particularly if it was someone who repeatedly called me late when I asked them not to. I would just decide on a time which is no longer convenient for you, and not answer it after that.

ali32

Thanks, ali.

The thing is: I have such bad sleeping habits, I have no real regular sleep schedule. It depends on what time I have to get up in the morning to be somewhere, how early or late I get tired, and when I take my Xanax.

Usually, I go to sleep by no later than 1am. I should refuse to answer it after midnight, basically, and even that's probably too late.

I think midnight is more than reasonable. Unless it is some kind of emergency, I think it's pretty rude to call after 10pm.

ali32

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back