• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do you refuse to suck a binky, and hate the word PWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong...

...but am I the only one who interpreted Helena's original post as reflecting a sense of being left out?

I read it as someone who noticed all of the fawning threads and posts being made since NHLee by all the boisterous participants--mostly Crystal, Mondy, Cassi and Bella--followed by Bellattendees Euphoricy and Skipadeedoodah relating to l33tspeak ("pwn" and "fail" etc.), binkies, and barely concealed semi-lesbianism and was left wondering "What the hell is going on? Is there a new trend taking over the forum and leaving people like me out?"

I think this entire thread could have been reduced to a 2-page clarification if it had been pointed out that the l33tspeak and binkies and semi-lesbianism was an outgrowth of the extreme bonding that took place at NHLee and Bella's birthday party, both events containing 93% of the same attendees. The lees who keep this stuff going are very sociable, and VERY girly lees who got along like a sun on fire and keep reinforcing their friendship by speaking to each other in an exclusive vocabulary created over the period of those 2 weekends.

The people in question also happen to be some of the most active participants in the forums and encourage a lot of the discussion that HAPPENS on the forum, so that is also a contributing factor.

All the gobbletygook that Helena is "complaining" about is NOT an indication of some major paradigm shift in the TMF, it's just something that grew out of 2 very popular gatherings that where the people got along really well and keep talking about because it was so much fun. it's not a sign of a "clique" that's trying to force out uber-straight strictly-lee members...it's just a circle of friends thing. You are NOT being forced out.

If you had GONE to the gatherings, you wouldn't feel left out Helena because you'd have seen where these things have come from.

So everyone chill the fuck out, I think this was all a misunderstanding that got out of hand.

Your commentary on the 'bastardization of English' is completely invalid, and your constructed fallacy shows simply how uneducated you really are. As one who studies language and linguistics, I can say right now that your construct of English somehow must stay privy to rules and if it breaks these rules, the language itself becomes perverted. Perhaps in the proper Standard Written English format, this is true. But SWE is simply one form of linguistic expression, and is no more proper or intrinsically correct than binary code.

While you may be disturbed by this, you should also know that as someone within the field of language arts, I find your opinion on the matter to be alarming. This sort of ideology you have formed is exclusionary. While leet speak might not be something you understand, it is something that the denizens of the net do, and as such, IS a valid linguistic language. How is this? Because all language is supposed to do is allow for the expression of concepts, ideas, and communication so for someone else to understand. If I somehow constructed a language out of periods and someone understood, then this is a valid form of language. You might not like it. But it is far from bastardization, and I think you should take the time to correct your false statement.

WOW, well spoken, Sir! "Binary boogeyman"? Very nice!
I personally prefer to turn my back to pointless negitivity. The person/people attacking you ladies is a tortured soul. It ultimately means nothing. I exclude myself, here, because, Yeah, I admit it, I did some pretty serious groping that weekend. Having said that, I applaud you all for standing up for yourselves, and so passionately! As a person who is very new to this forum, I was a bit shocked to see certain individuals singled out for ridicule. And, c'mon folks, we all went to middle school here, that is EXACTLY what it was! Someone resenting the presence of someone else and expressing that fact. Nothing more. It is also one of the reasons that I stayed in lurker mode for the past year and a half. I have repeatedly observed these kind of sly comments meant to put others down while appearing to be offhanded innocent remarks, and usually coming from the same two or three people. Pretty intimidating stuff to those of us who are unsure of our place in your little slice of the universe, or whether we belong here at all. When I joined the forum, I was under the impression that this was a safe haven away from the finger pointers, if not the intentional troublemakers. The fact of the matter remains, those initial comments were just plain uncool and must be met with opposition from those who were targeted by them, if this forum is to maintain it's integrity.

Excuse me, but the idea that Helena was expressing a general opinion is a little naive.

There are about six people, at MOST, who fit the description she laid out as being a problem for her and preventing her from enjoying the forum.

She isn't saying "I feel these things in general about the TMF." She's saying "these six or so people, by living and acting the way they choose, are ruining the forum for me."

...but am I the only one who interpreted Helena's original post as reflecting a sense of being left out?

I read it as someone who noticed all of the fawning threads and posts being made since NHLee by all the boisterous participants--mostly Crystal, Mondy, Cassi and Bella--followed by Bellattendees Euphoricy and Skipadeedoodah relating to l33tspeak ("pwn" and "fail" etc.), binkies, and barely concealed semi-lesbianism and was left wondering "What the hell is going on? Is there a new trend taking over the forum and leaving people like me out?"

I think this entire thread could have been reduced to a 2-page clarification if it had been pointed out that the l33tspeak and binkies and semi-lesbianism was an outgrowth of the extreme bonding that took place at NHLee and Bella's birthday party, both events containing 93% of the same attendees. The lees who keep this stuff going are very sociable, and VERY girly lees who got along like a sun on fire and keep reinforcing their friendship by speaking to each other in an exclusive vocabulary created over the period of those 2 weekends.

While I generally appreciate your voice of reason, I have to completely and totally disagree with you.

As I see it, there are two ways of looking at the intentions of this post:

A. Helena was attacking a certain group of people (one of them being myself) for their methods of communication, displays of affection, and habits

or B. Helena was expressing her feelings of exclusion by pointing out what makes her feel this way

It was her choice of words that almost certainly makes it the former. There is quite a bit of difference between what you said and her underhanded nastiness, such as references towards: "hump", "omnomnom", and "weekend grope". Even her title was vicious and meant to target - "Do you refuse to suck a binky, and hate the word PWN?" I knew as soon as I read it, and so did anyone else with half a fucking brain, who she was talking about. It was insulting. She was offensive. There's no way around it.

In short, I think CrystalLight said it best - take a moment to edit your preferences to where you can't see the signatures anymore. Then you won't see me in my rainbow socks, sucking my binky and saying "omnomnom" while "humping" my friend in a truly devious and raunchy lesbian way. I'm so bad. Spank me like the little submissive I am.

Seriously. I'll stop sucking my binky and saying "PWN" when you edit that huge, obnoxious purple text.

*rolls eyes*

Its clearly a case of jealousy.

Which I can understand, and sympathise with.

I'm a little bit pissed off myself about not getting more female attention on the TMF, so i can understand her feelings of being pissed off at losing out on male attention.

However, I would never post a thread about it (probably) and anyway, if I want more female attention (which I don't - I just don't like other people getting it - i'm competitive that way if you get what I mean), then I should do something about it.

By the way, the dummies (pacifier/binky) do look pretty annoying. I can easily see why that trend would wind somebody up.

How did it start? :upsidedow

I STILL don't know what "omnomnom" means! Also, what, exactly, is being done about the Furries??

I DID learn that Cy/MiG, Artoo and myself can bring levity and fun to ANY thread, about any controversial topic, anytime. We rock! :rockon: *hurts arm from self back patting*

*sighs*

Here.

omnomnom-cake.jpg

nom-nom-nom.jpg

ohnoez128545128377791250.jpg

By the way, the dummies (pacifier/binky) do look pretty annoying. I can easily see why that trend would wind somebody up.

How did it start? :upsidedow

I'm pretty sure MTP Jeff gave CrystalLight and Brighteyes (and maybe Tortuga?) pacifiers that said "Mute Button" on them as a gag gift...and it just progressed from there.

Fortunately, whether or not we have nuks in our mouth doesn't affect anyone else one way or the other ... unless you're kissing us, or something. But you don't have to worry about that apparently ... what with you not getting enough female attention and all. :p

I hate that "word" PWN. I had this novelty item catalog that had the word on a sports pennant to hang on a wall. Seems really geeky to me. :ignite:

I'm pretty sure MTP Jeff gave CrystalLight and Brighteyes (and maybe Tortuga?) pacifiers that said "Mute Button" on them as a gag gift...and it just progressed from there.

Fortunately, whether or not we have nuks in our mouth doesn't affect anyone else one way or the other ... unless you're kissing us, or something. But you don't have to worry about that apparently ... what with you not getting enough female attention and all. :p

Ohhhhhh I see....... actually a very sensible policy by MTP Jeff.

I actually think this new forum direction is very positive and should be encouraged. I just wish I lived closer to you people in America to experience it.

Bah humbug. :cry1:

I get the feeling that I'm one of the hold outs on the forum that enjoys tickling without sucking on a baby binky, or using the phrase PWN.

I'm definitely a heterosexual woman, and I don't live a submissive lifestyle. I'm just a lee. I like tickling with or without bondage. I just love tickling in general, and for the longest time, I've felt the freedom to enjoy this site in so many wonderful ways.

I used to really enjoy the tickling discussion, but since I'm not into the whole group scene, like going to "hump" and "omnomnom" everyone for a weekend grope, all loose and lite-like, I feel perhaps the site has changed enough to no longer meet my needs.

I have no idea how other people feel about the shift in culture on the forum, or even if it matters to anyone but me. I expect that this will be an unpopular post, and that I am in the minority.

Here is some clarification to my original post.

I used to feel that the tickling discussion area was my favorite to visit. It seems like the site is incorporating new things in addition to the tickling like sucking on pacifiers, baby talk, pig tails and spanking as requirements for being a desirable lee. I look at myself and wonder where that leaves me. Definitely not with the nooks. So, I feel like....who is left that still finds just tickle-loving girls desirable?

The words "omnonmon", and "humping" and lots of girl to girl love is pretty predominant. I like guys. I'm never going to be bisexual. From the outside, and the pictures that were posted from the gatherings, it seems from my outside point of view, that there is quite a bit of kissing and groping that goes on with the tickling at the gatherings.

For the last month, I've been in the silly section basically, and the celebration forum. I come here for tickling, but it's not really what I find here like I once did...at least in the same form.

There is something so infuriatingly hot about a hot girl knowing that she is hot.

Damn - i've been put right off work for five minutes.

Compose your self BabyShambles.

:triangle:

Straighten your tie......now back to work...:upsidedow

Oh Helena.

You're hot too!

Now, why don't you, Crystal, Euphoricy and other girls in this thread just kiss and make up.

Jeff - you'll film that scene won't you? Just so that we all have peace of mind that these crazy gals have finally made up with each other.

I used to feel that the tickling discussion area was my favorite to visit. It seems like the site is incorporating new things in addition to the tickling like sucking on pacifiers, baby talk, pig tails and spanking as requirements for being a desirable lee. I look at myself and wonder where that leaves me. Definitely not with the nooks. So, I feel like....who is left that still finds just tickle-loving girls desirable?

The words "omnonmon", and "humping" and lots of girl to girl love is pretty predominant. I like guys. I'm never going to be bisexual. From the outside, and the pictures that were posted from the gatherings, it seems from my outside point of view, that there is quite a bit of kissing and groping that goes on with the tickling at the gatherings.

For the last month, I've been in the silly section basically, and the celebration forum. I come here for tickling, but it's not really what I find here like I once did...at least in the same form.

Helena, no one is going to tell you you have to be something you're not to be desirable as a ticklee or any other role in life. I haven't had a binky in my mouth since I was under 5. I wore no pigtails in Ohio. I didn't kiss a single girl, nor grab anybody's boobs. And yet, I certainly got my fair share of tickling and friendly conversation at this gathering, and I don't expect that to change at future gatherings.

How much attention you get is based on how much you demand. I've been a member of this forum for 6 years. I started posting actively, going to radio show chats, etc a few months ago, and I can't tell you how many people have said "Oh I noticed your new to the TMF" or "Wow Skip I never saw you post before." It's not because I suck on a binky or say pwn'ed. It's because I put myself out there in a way that got attention. For me, personally, it's shit-talking. I'm sassy and mouthy and it gets attention. For Jo, Manda and Gin it might, in part, be the lolspeak and the binkies. For you, it'll clearly be something entirely different, but you cannot attack or insult people because they get more attention than you do. It's childish, it's not right, and the only attention it will get you will clearly be negative attention.

You don't need to fit any mold to get attention, you just have to find a way to stand out in a positive light.

Helena,

I honestly think that this is a case of emotions running high, sexual frustration and jealousy.

You don't want to conduct yourself in baby talk and binkies, yet you recognise how cute and attractive it is, and you are frustrated. That is understandable.

You also recognise the fun that everyone seems to be having, without you, and you feel isolated and jealous and frustrated.

You feel that these peole are outshining you, and you don't like it.

Take heart, don't be upset. If you were a man, I would suggest that you knock one out and have a cold shower - perhaps you could give it a try?

Realise that the TMF is not so important to be upset about these things.

Once you've cooled off, realise that you have friends here and see how things go.

Chill and don't be disheartened. What can you do to make yourself feel better?

I get the feeling that I'm one of the hold outs on the forum that enjoys tickling without sucking on a baby binky, or using the phrase PWN.

I'm definitely a heterosexual woman, and I don't live a submissive lifestyle. I'm just a lee. I like tickling with or without bondage. I just love tickling in general, and for the longest time, I've felt the freedom to enjoy this site in so many wonderful ways.

I used to really enjoy the tickling discussion, but since I'm not into the whole group scene, like going to "hump" and "omnomnom" everyone for a weekend grope, all loose and lite-like, I feel perhaps the site has changed enough to no longer meet my needs.

I have no idea how other people feel about the shift in culture on the forum, or even if it matters to anyone but me. I expect that this will be an unpopular post, and that I am in the minority.

picture.php

EDIT: OK this will probably get delbooted if I don't elaborate and also I will be accused of being a troll again, so I am going to elaborate.

The way I see it the TMF is a place of two halves; there's the people who do interpersonal contact with other members via gatherings and the suchlike, and people who don't. And lurkers, but nobody cares about them. Yeah, anyway, what tends to happen over time is that the people who go to gatherings and stuff forge actual friendships with one another because they've, y'know, met each other in real life as opposed to just talked on the interbum, and this spills over into their interactions on the forum. As a result you sometimes find in-jokes and whatnot floating around this place that you don't understand, because you weren't there to see when **** [X]'s bumhair got caught in the rotating blades of **** [Y]'s leg razor during a rousing game of "Hide The Leg Razor LOL WE R FUNY". You also find that some people you were pally with will gravitate away from you when they start attending gatherings and forging actual relationships with real people. As gatherings have become more commonplace the tendency for the TMF has been to become a sort of a stop-gap playground for the gathering folk to converse between gatherings, and stuff. That's just the way the rock is rolling, and as time goes on it'll only get more prevalent. You therefore have two choices, accept it or move on.

If I was cynical, and Loki knows I AM cynical, I'd postulate that a lot of people who moan about how the TMF has become (pictures in everyone's sigs, gatherings left right and centre, a far higher level of interaction between members etc etc) are pining for the old days (no gatherings, slightly tepid and timid interactions) because in those days all you had to do to get your middle-aged housewife ego stroked was click the radio button with the little F at the side of it. Nowadays you're competing against 19 and 20 year old tarts for male attention, and anyone who's ever been to a singles night will tell you how that usually ends. That's the cynic's take, though; more likely is that there are some members of the forum who have been around for ages and who are used to interacting with the TMF and other members in the fashion of the days before gatherings and shit, people who can't, or won't, go to gatherings for whatever reason, who see all this new stuff going on and feel like they're missing out on something. That's sad, but once again you have two choices; eat it, or throw it away (Usher Raymond, ladies and gentlemen - the thinking man's thinker).

As far as the om nom nom and shit goes, those are just memes and slang words and stuff. Most people with a passing interest in the social side of the internets as a whole will fall into using these phrases at some point; I actually said "lol wut" on the phone to my boss the other day. Yes you might well laugh, but when that talking pear rolls into the Oval Office and becomes your new God we'll just see who's laughing then. OH YES INDEED WE WILL SEE, SIRS. If it's any consolation I do agree that a lot of the stuff you see being posted about on the gatherings seems a bit insipid to me, but if that's how people want to play then more power to their elbow.

Last edited:

Not the only one.

While I generally appreciate your voice of reason, I have to completely and totally disagree with you.

Disagree, but you know I luv ya' anyway! ;) And that was a proper phonecall!

No time nor desire to elaborate further, as I've had five hours sleep in the last... ...41 hours(?), if my math is right, and I'm now sworn to be the safest fucking driver on the 5 hr trip to NY (LOL!):

*packs parachute, wraps self in bubble-wrap, clears SCUBA regulator, pulls on both seatbelts... ...dons condom.*

Now I'm safe and ready for anything! :D

Helena, Bella, Tamia, Jeff, Ted, Ray, Gin, Jan, Kered, Ann -- and everyone else on this crazy thread.... I love all of ya', and you all love this place... Let's all be thankful for what we have, for what we have in common, for the gift of communication -- however flawed it is (and we are), and finally, for each other...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Peace.

Helena, no one is going to tell you you have to be something you're not to be desirable as a ticklee or any other role in life. I haven't had a binky in my mouth since I was under 5. I wore no pigtails in Ohio. I didn't kiss a single girl, nor grab anybody's boobs. And yet, I certainly got my fair share of tickling and friendly conversation at this gathering, and I don't expect that to change at future gatherings.

How much attention you get is based on how much you demand. I've been a member of this forum for 6 years. I started posting actively, going to radio show chats, etc a few months ago, and I can't tell you how many people have said "Oh I noticed your new to the TMF" or "Wow Skip I never saw you post before." It's not because I suck on a binky or say pwn'ed. It's because I put myself out there in a way that got attention. For me, personally, it's shit-talking. I'm sassy and mouthy and it gets attention. For Jo, Manda and Gin it might, in part, be the lolspeak and the binkies. For you, it'll clearly be something entirely different, but you cannot attack or insult people because they get more attention than you do. It's childish, it's not right, and the only attention it will get you will clearly be negative attention.

You don't need to fit any mold to get attention, you just have to find a way to stand out in a positive light.

I have the friends I need. I don't need advice from you skip.
I come here for my love of tickling.
Infantalizing images of adult women is a huge turn off for me. There are sites that cater to that.
My gripe is that the new trends are watering down what I come here for: the tickling.

I have the friends I need. I don't need advice from you skip.
I come here for my love of tickling.
Infantalizing images of adult women is a huge turn off for me. There are sites that cater to that.
My gripe is that the new trends are watering down what I come here for: the tickling.

Seriously Helena.

Take my suggstion in the above post.

Knock one out. Have a shower.

You'll be right as rain.

Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back