• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do young superstar players in the NFL like C. Johnson or Revis have any rights to

FlockOfSeagulls

3rd Level Yellow Feather
.. redo their contracts eventhough they are signed for a few more years on rookie contracts ? Yet if you go by productivity they are considered way underpaid

Johnson got his contract reworked and Revis could holdout a while .

I actually can see both sides. These young players in good faith sign their rookie contracts. But guys like Johnson and Revis are already considered the best at their respective positions and want to be paid in accordance .

At what point do these contract squabbles become detrimental to the team and front office to the point they either rework a contract or just basically say your signed for this many more years ; just deal with it

these 2 yes, most of the young guys who demand new contracts no

Revis is without a doubt the best corner in the league and maybe the best defensive player in the league, but there are 7 other defensive backs paid more than him....on his own team! He is the best and deserves to be paid as so

Chris Johnson had a great year last year and should strike while the iron is hot, since the typical career for a running back is 4 years

Its hard to say what should be done... I too can see both sides of the argument... and owners have a point when they bring up the ridiculous amounts of guarantees they have to give 1st rounders who end up going bust... Thats far more common than players becoming All Pros...

The main thing that should be kicked around for the upcoming CBA next year is an incentive-based contract for rookies... The better they do early in their careers, the more they get... I understand players should have some guaranteed money in case of career-ending injuries and such, but some of these contracts have gotten WAY out of hand for college kids who have never played a snap in the big leagues... I mean $50 million guaranteed for rookie Rams QB Sam Bradford...? WTF..? Who says he'll still be in the league in 3 years?

.. redo their contracts eventhough they are signed for a few more years on rookie contracts ? Yet if you go by productivity they are considered way underpaid

Johnson got his contract reworked and Revis could holdout a while .

I actually can see both sides. These young players in good faith sign their rookie contracts. But guys like Johnson and Revis are already considered the best at their respective positions and want to be paid in accordance .

At what point do these contract squabbles become detrimental to the team and front office to the point they either rework a contract or just basically say your signed for this many more years ; just deal with it

To those that say yes...when these players do a poor job over there first couple of seasons like Rick Mirer or JaMarcus Russell do they go to the teams and say...' hey you know what? I really stunk up the joint. I'll give you some of my money back. ' NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO they don't.

So you did good. You signed a damn contract...honor your word. I am a Jets fan and I can careless if Revis signs. Because he has three years remaining on his contract. My best case scenerio is for the Jets to win their first three or four games while he holds out...then he will figure out it is about TEAM. Can we spell TEAM? There is no I in team. It is 53 players ( and more ) working their butts off to attain a goal. Revis...I hope you NEVER get anything! You are a LOSER!

Let's go to work TEAM! Let's get to the Playoffs without this jerk and then we will see how valuable he really is. :dancingbanana:

There is no I in team. It is 53 players ( and more ) working their butts off to attain a goal. Revis...I hope you NEVER get anything! You are a LOSER!

Let's go to work TEAM! Let's get to the Playoffs without this jerk and then we will see how valuable he really is

I want you to remember you said this if he does indeed hold out. Im speaking from experience last year the steelers started 6-1 and lost polamalu, then couldn't beat teams like the Browns,Cheifs, and Raiders.

Revis is the best corner in the league no doubt, he may be the best defensive player. He is was makes your defense go, you can root go team and its all about the team but you will be praying for Revis island to come back if he is gone. The reason your defense can blitz everyone and leave one on one coverage is Revis, he takes away one side of the feild. Do you think Cromarte can do the same? Because he cant.

Revis is a god in New York and your in the minority here saying you dont want him, but again lets see how you feel in 6 weeks if he still isn't playing

I want you to remember you said this if he does indeed hold out. Im speaking from experience last year the steelers started 6-1 and lost polamalu, then couldn't beat teams like the Browns,Cheifs, and Raiders.

Revis is the best corner in the league no doubt, he may be the best defensive player. He is was makes your defense go, you can root go team and its all about the team but you will be praying for Revis island to come back if he is gone. The reason your defense can blitz everyone and leave one on one coverage is Revis, he takes away one side of the feild. Do you think Cromarte can do the same? Because he cant.

Revis is a god in New York and your in the minority here saying you dont want him, but again lets see how you feel in 6 weeks if he still isn't playing

Trust me on this one...

TF4F would much rather his Jets lose without Revis than win with Revis and a new contract. :shock:

Revis needs to prove he can do what he did last year on a consistant basis. Or trade his ass for that raider's CB. He is already paid and is just as good. Let revis get paid and be misserable as a raider. The way Johnson is going he will probably burn himself out in 4-5 years. Worth a big pay though.

The NFL needs a ROOKIE salary cap. There is no way someone like Sam Bradford (or Matt Stafford) should get more guaranteed money than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees. A rookie needs to have an initial contract with lower amount of money, and if they perform, then they can ask for the big bucks. Rookies should not be paid more than established veterans!

As for Darrelle Revis. He needs to get in camp. I understand he had an outstanding year, BUT, will he do it again? It's not like he is getting paid the league minimum. On the flips side, he does deserve a raise. He should suck it up, honor his contract, and then if he has another outstanding year, then he can gripe for a new deal. He has to show consistency.

Same for Chris Johnson. I do understand he has a point considering he rushed for over 2000 yards, but he has to have another big year. I'm on the fence with him. I like the fact they gave him a 1 year raise, and if he has a big year again, then they will discuss a bigger contract.

Honestly, why do athletes think their something hundred thousand dollar contracts are not too much money? They worry about getting hurt and their financial security is threatened. Honestly, if they got hurt and they had to retire, what is stopping them from getting a "normal" job to survive? The rest of us schleps seem to be doing ok....

He is a GOD in New York? Ummm...being a New Yorker that I am...that is so not true so please don't tell me what a New Yorker thinks of Revis. I am in the minority but NOBODY put a gun to the man's head to sign the contract. So be a damn man and honor your word. As someone else said...he has done it for one year, do it again. He has three years left on his contract...honor the contract. Is that too much ask? Also, I remember EVERYTHING I say and stand by what I say.

As far as Flock...I want my team to win...but if anyone holds out...that is a choice they make. As was the choice made by the player to sign the contract. So he signs the contract and holds out from the same contract he signs...yeah...very classy and honorable that man is.

A God...if Revis is a God...then I want a new religion! :crazy:

He is a GOD in New York? Ummm...being a New Yorker that I am...that is so not true so please don't tell me what a New Yorker thinks of Revis. I am in the minority but NOBODY put a gun to the man's head to sign the contract. So be a damn man and honor your word. As someone else said...he has done it for one year, do it again. He has three years left on his contract...honor the contract. Is that too much ask? Also, I remember EVERYTHING I say and stand by what I say.

As far as Flock...I want my team to win...but if anyone holds out...that is a choice they make. As was the choice made by the player to sign the contract. So he signs the contract and holds out from the same contract he signs...yeah...very classy and honorable that man is.

A God...if Revis is a God...then I want a new religion! :crazy:

It goes both ways, say Revis tears his mcl and his career is over or whatever injury could do it. Then the Jets dump him like yesterdays garbage, the players need to get the money while they can. After the season Revis is coming off he needs to cash in

Remember the Jets were 9-7 and barely made it into the playoffs (by the Colts rolling over and not playing starters 2nd half) and that was with how unbelievable Revis was, they would be much worse without him. Yeah they have added names this offseason but names only not players. LT is past his prime and is a second fiddle at best now, Cromarte had one good season in his career and has been sub par since. Holmes is a hell of a wide reciever, but with the suspension he cant be there once the preseason starts so the learning curve for the offense could take awhile and he may not be productive till week 10.

Basically the Jets NEEDRevis much more than he needs them, they should give him what he wants and deserves

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back