• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does anybody else keep a daily record of what they eat?

Moses25

4th Level Orange Feather
I find that it helps immensely in trying to reduce my caloric intake, and thereby my weight. I can pinpoint wherein I took on too many calories for that day, especially if it's too close to bedtime (a major problem I've had in the past - whatever you eat converts instantly into fat overnight).

I find this method is helping me lose weight. Rather than subscribe to somebody else's diet, I'm kinda making up my own. Methinks this is probably a better way to stick to something rather hoping for the best with a commercial diet.

Anybody else have success with this kind of daily record?

Cheers. :2poke:

I always keep a mental record of what i eat each day..i've always been a calorie counter..my biggest fear, and this is just me and for me, is to gain any weight. and so far i've been fairly successful.(hubby says i'll be one of those mean little old ladies hehe) Exercise is also a good way to help control calorie intake..walking is one of the best i know..and my husband must keep a daily record for his diabetes..

The aliens give me my nutrient pellets at the same times, every day, so I really don't need to keep track. It's really better that way. It frees up more time for me to be on the lookout for evil marauding robot potato zombies from planet Zarkulon 9. They're out to enslave us, you know.
violent-smiley-098.gif

I do. I'm trying Weight-watchers. I've only been on it about three weeks and I've lost 2 inches off my waistline. (My goal is to loose about 6 inches.) First time a diet or program has actually shown any sign of working for me. Part of the regimen is to note what you're eating and when. I am a late night snacker too. :upsidedow

isabeau said:
Exercise is also a good way to help control calorie intake..walking is one of the best i know...
Tickling is one of the best I know... and one of these days I hope to prove it to ya! :lovestory

GonnaGetcha! said:
The aliens give me my nutrient pellets at the same times, every day, so I really don't need to keep track. It's really better that way. It frees up more time for me to be on the lookout for evil marauding robot potato zombies from planet Zarkulon 9. They're out to enslave us, you know.
violent-smiley-098.gif

well i don't mind being enslaved..as long as they are intelligent beings..and are you Moses in disguise???? :bouncybou

I certainly did when I was on the Atkins diet (they have an online journal at their website--lost 30 lbs), but a food diary was the only way for me to manage it properly. Plus when I go on a diet, I'm OCD about it (like I'm Monk's sister or something), so yeah, definitely. I'm just fixing to start the plunge back into the diet pool again, too.

Once I do start (April 1st! YYAAAAYY! :xpulcy: ), perhaps we'll start a weight-loss thread or something. I can't think of a better group of people to hold myself accountable to. :twohugs: ;)

Mistress Aura :justlips:

Mistress Aura said:
Once I do start (April 1st! YYAAAAYY! :xpulcy: ), perhaps we'll start a weight-loss thread or something. I can't think of a better group of people to hold myself accountable to. :twohugs: ;)

Mistress Aura :justlips:
Count me in, Mistress! I need to get rid of this spare tire I'm carrying around!

drew70 said:
Count me in, Mistress! I need to get rid of this spare tire I'm carrying around!

Hey, hey me too :wavingguy :)

I've lost a lot of weight but really need to get into exercising now and need the motivation... HELP!! :bouncybou

Yep as I was on a healthy eating plan (still am) I had to for the first weeks write down everything I ate to make sure I was understanding the plan well.

Good luck everyone, we all need the support and a pat on the back when we've done well and sometimes when we haven't, just the encouragement to get us back on track :bowing:

I don't but it seems like a bloody good idea; it's deceptively simple, you can eat pretty much whatever you want as long as you keep track of it. It might be worth keeping track of your fat grams as well as your calories, and do some exercise alongside it; if you really want to lose weight then exercise is by far and away the best way of doing it.

Been doing that for years. I never, EVER allow myself to eat over 1800 calories a day. Some people would be amazed at how many calories they actually eat.

You'll probably even find that the mere act of writing down what you eat will reduce your caloric intake. People tend to think twice about eating that second donut when you have to put it in your daily record! :jester:

I've also seen a research study showing that people tended to eat less when they were eating in front of a mirror. It's probably the same kind of self-awareness thing.

Anyway, good luck to you all. May the biggest loser win! :couch:

GonnaGetcha! said:
We get all kinds here...........:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Isabeau
well i don't mind being enslaved..as long as they are intelligent beings..and are you Moses in disguise????
Couldn't have said it better myself, Izzy. :p

Cheers. :)

I keep a daily journal of what I eat,carb count,fat count.I also keep a daily exercise journal to keep me on track..It is a hassle but,I found it was the only way to keep my self accountable and keep up with my program..I have been very successful.My total weight loss has been around 100lbs.I have never felt better..It works,was alot of work at first now,it's just a lifestyle.All it takes is discipline and desire... :atom: :atom:

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back