• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does anyone watch American Idol?

bratgirl365

Verified
Does anyone watch American Idol? RESULTS ARE IN!

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW RESULTS DON'T READ! :ranty: I just want to know what anyone's take is on this weeks pick to be let go? I'm so mad....Constantine, I thought was great, I can't believe he was out voted. That, Scott should have been out, in my opinion :disgust:.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Bratgirl, I agree and disagree with you. I agree with you insofar as Scott should go...he should've been out weeks ago, along with Anthony. Nadia should still be there in one of their places. That being said, I think Constantine's removal was right. I've never personally liked him since his audition, with his rendition of Aerosmith's "Cryin'" (Aerosmith benig my favorite band). He's had his up and downs, and I'll give credit where credit is due, he did do well with Bohemian Rhapsody. However, picking "This Is How Your Remind Me" wasn't a good idea. Chad Kroeger has such a deep and distinctive voice, all Constantine could sound like was an imitator. Also, his singing voice isn't very deep, which didn't lend to his cause. Had he gone with a Black Crowes song, or maybe even 3 Doors Down, I think he's still be there. Picking the song he did, in my opinion, doomed him.

I agree this was not Constantine's week to go yet. I do like Scott, but honestly tonight either he or Anthony should have left. Even though Constantine was not the strongest vocalist in the competition, he had a hell of a lot of charisma and stage presence, and was an amazing entertaining. For that reason I thought for sure he would make it to the top three, if not even the top two (I've had Bo picked to win this season from the start....I'm sticking to that prediction). He did screw himself by picking the song he did last night though. I'm probably more biased than most, given the fact Nickelback is my favorite band and I'm totally in love with Chad Kroegers voice, but Constantine just could not and did not pull off a believable performance of that song. It was fairly awful, in fact. Which is amazing considering how beautifully he swept through Bohemian Rhapsody. I was hoping Constantine would do a song by Default....his voice is very similar to their lead singers, and they are a good solid modern rock band. I feel he would have done an awesome job.

Just goes to show how big of a factor song selection can be.

Mimi

I watch it, if only for Simon Cowell. It just wouldn't be the same without him. I agree though, it is sad to see Constantine go. I thought he would make it through a bit farther than this. But, America voted and its always a bias vote of favoritism.

Last edited:
I watch only for simon cowell and the pretty ladies. Other then well it's boring to me....

I think pretty much reality shows are point less.

Oh Great - we dont get it screened over here in the UK until the Friday evening. I opened the thread thinking it was a general question, now to find out in advance who has gone :Grrr:

ticklemad said:
Oh Great - we dont get it screened over here in the UK until the Friday evening. I opened the thread thinking it was a general question, now to find out in advance who has gone :Grrr:

Sorry! I didn't think about different time zones :xlime:
Please forgive me :sadcry:

Mimi said:
I agree this was not Constantine's week to go yet. I do like Scott, but honestly tonight either he or Anthony should have left. Even though Constantine was not the strongest vocalist in the competition, he had a hell of a lot of charisma and stage presence, and was an amazing entertaining. For that reason I thought for sure he would make it to the top three, if not even the top two (I've had Bo picked to win this season from the start....I'm sticking to that prediction). He did screw himself by picking the song he did last night though. I'm probably more biased than most, given the fact Nickelback is my favorite band and I'm totally in love with Chad Kroegers voice, but Constantine just could not and did not pull off a believable performance of that song. It was fairly awful, in fact. Which is amazing considering how beautifully he swept through Bohemian Rhapsody. I was hoping Constantine would do a song by Default....his voice is very similar to their lead singers, and they are a good solid modern rock band. I feel he would have done an awesome job.

Just goes to show how big of a factor song selection can be.

Mimi

I do agree his pick of song was bad, and it wasn't his best performance :rolleyes: I really thought he'd either be in the top two or take it all :yowzer: Guess that goes to show ya, I have know idea!

bratgirl365 said:
Sorry! I didn't think about different time zones :xlime:
Please forgive me :sadcry:

I'll let you off this time, just a good job there is an ocean between us or you may have to have taken a suitable punishment :tickle: ;)

A little off the topic, but I have to ask this. Is Paula Abdul driving anybody else crazy? Sure she is the nice one and that is nice during the audition phase when Simon literally stomps their dreams before their very eyes, but in this phase, her compliments really start to run together. Every time there is a good performance that Randy gives a standing ovation for afterwards, Paula HAS to be right next to him. I did read the article in People about all of her chronic pain, so I do feel a little more sorry for her, but she is really irritating me lately. BTW, as much as I hated Constantine's performance the other night, I think Scott should have been long gone.

dman68 said:
A little off the topic, but I have to ask this. Is Paula Abdul driving anybody else crazy? Sure she is the nice one and that is nice during the audition phase when Simon literally stomps their dreams before their very eyes, but in this phase, her compliments really start to run together. Every time there is a good performance that Randy gives a standing ovation for afterwards, Paula HAS to be right next to him. I did read the article in People about all of her chronic pain, so I do feel a little more sorry for her, but she is really irritating me lately. BTW, as much as I hated Constantine's performance the other night, I think Scott should have been long gone.

Paula's been an irritant to me for a while....I had to make sure I wasn't hallucinating when she didn't compliment someone Tuesday. It seems like she searches for compliments just to fill the "positive judge" role....notice if she can't compliment the singing or performance, she'll go with fashion. Not to say it's not important, just saying she'll stretch to some lengths to keep from saying something negative.

I watch it all the time and I can't believe they voted him off. I've been hoping for weeks they would vote off that Scott guy who has been in the bottom three for like a month now but no such luck.

Idol

My mouth dropped to the floor when they said Constantine was goin' home. I just knew, between the two, it had to be Anthony. Granted, Constantine's rendition of "How you remind me" sucked bad but that was just one song out of how many?? I like Scott too though. He's unique in a Ruben kinda way. My choice has always been Bo Bice too Mimi. He's got the stage presence and he's a true rocker, he hasnt conformed to the "idol" persona like all the rest has and has stuck to his rocker image through all the genres. They need an American Rocker for a change.

Majestic

ticklemad said:
I'll let you off this time, just a good job there is an ocean between us or you may have to have taken a suitable punishment :tickle: ;)
:bouncybou You may consider it punishment....ha ha!

Im sorry I know no one wants to hear an honest opinion in this police state country anymore but American Idol is for the lowest base of TV watchers, no offense guys. I mean amateur singers who sing like shit to have some english guy make fun of them and that 80s chick whats her name say that they have talent to be the next Elvis. They all compete to win a contract to be a laughable, talentless, prepacked corporate joke like those silly boy bands are. Well the boy bands are losing popularity and hopefully this insult of a show will and be replaced by shows with creativeness (and hot chicks!) like Desperate Housewives or Blind Justice. Teri Hatcher! MMMMMMMM! ;)

Wicker Man said:
Im sorry I know no one wants to hear an honest opinion in this police state country anymore but American Idol is for the lowest base of TV watchers, no offense guys. I mean amateur singers who sing like shit to have some english guy make fun of them and that 80s chick whats her name say that they have talent to be the next Elvis. They all compete to win a contract to be a laughable, talentless, prepacked corporate joke like those silly boy bands are. Well the boy bands are losing popularity and hopefully this insult of a show will and be replaced by shows with creativeness (and hot chicks!) like Desperate Housewives or Blind Justice. Teri Hatcher! MMMMMMMM! ;)

Sorry dude, but Desperate Housewives sucks! And Blind Justice won't last the season! ;) :blaugh:

But I must admit I'm somewhat embarrassed that I watch American Idol. I generally hate reality tv.

I'm also about to say something that's going to turn the fans off-I couldn't stand Constantine and I'm glad he's gone!!!! I was done with him after that horrible rendition of the Partridge Family's "I think I love you"! That was the worst song I ever heard! Now, as soon as they get rid of Bo (who did not disclose his criminal past) we'll pick from who's left over. Maybe it'll be Scott-one of the best things happening in the Greater Cleveland area these days! Grant it he hasn't been doing well lately, maybe he'll straighten it out and make the top 2 or something. I don't expect him to win-he just doesn't have the "look". But neither does Ruben Studdard. Hmmmmm....maybe another upset?? ;)

Wicker Man said:

Wow...I've never be referred to as "the lowest base tv watcher...hmmm!
Now referring to woman as hot chicks.....well, theres a step up in society :veryhappy

New Member and...

I've watched a lot of AI this season and I think it was just wild how each week seems to get more controversial after the next. With Bo's recent allegations coming up now, it's gonna be interesting to see if he loses any voters. But I'll continue to support him because he has that real raw vibe to him that few of the other contestants possess. It's a toss up to me when deciding who'll win between Carrie and Bo.

Brandon

I'm with Carrie all the way. If she doesn't win I'm rooting for abs. (Anybody but Scott) He should have been gone a long time ago.

morefeatherz said:
I'm with Carrie all the way. If she doesn't win I'm rooting for abs. (Anybody but Scott) He should have been gone a long time ago.

I know that Scott's not the most impressive, but Carrie's not putting her best out there either. If it wasn't for her looks, she'd have been gone a long time ago. Ever since she did her version Heart's "how do I get you alone", she just hasn't been strong.

Scott's actually a very good singer. But I admit he really hasn't been bringing it lately. I was sure he was gone last week. He has one last chance to bring it home or he's gettin' the boot. I know he's from my home town, but the truth's still the truth! He's been stinking up the joint lately!

Now Vonzelle's been a big surprise! Ever since she made it past Aloha, she's been better and better. She might take it all or be in the top two.

I don't like Bo! He looks like the "before" in a Pantene commercial. Nothing wrong with rocker hair, but do something with the split ends please!

Anthony should go next. He reminds me of a lounge lizard version of Clay Aiken-just too boring!

Well, I've given my commentary over your quote. Sorry, just a little too much American Idol these days. I need a life! :woot: :D :wavingguy

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back