• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dog or Cat people?

Slappy McGee

TMF Expert
I just got home from the bar, and was greeted as always by my K9 best friend....and it suddenly occured to me that it might make an interesting thread to see what pets my friends on the TMF come home to each day.....I know my dog is my best friend so tell me about yours!!!

Slappy McGee

I Hate Cats

......But I Love Dogs!!! I Just Got A New Dog!! His Name Is Dexter! :p

love all animals

I have a cat that many of the guys here would be jealous of. He loves to crawl under the covers and play with my feet! He's a great cat...always knows when I'm not feeling well or upset. He'll come running to cuddle. He's a total spaz when he wants to play. He doesn't need to be taken out and walked like a dog does. He can be left alone for a week at a time and not wreck the place. He doesn't sit out back an howl/bark all night long. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do love all animals though. If we had the proper time and space, we'd probably get a dog. But, it's not fair to a dog to be cooped up in a small place like our with nowhere to run.

Ann

I'm a Dog Person

I have two dogs. Scooter is a 13 1/2 year old mix of Springer Spaniel, Border Collie, and Australian Shepherd. She's mostly white with a black face and black saddle. We adopted her from the Humane Society when she was about 1 and she's been a wonderful pet. She's getting quite old and can hardly walk at this point. I have to help her walk up the 2 steps to get into the house. But her spirit is strong and she's as fiesty as she can be. She's already unwrapped some of the presents under the tree so I had to put them away! LOL

Then we have a 1 year old purebred Border Collie named Laguna Seca (Yeah, I know it's wierd to name a dog - Dry Lake) but with our racing involvement it seemed right. We call her "Guna". She's SO full of energy and looks absolutely precious when she stands on the sofa looking out the front window waiting for someone to come to visit!

Cool thread...

I have 2 cats about 10 pounds each and a 125 pound German Shepard(Pure Bred, both parents from Germany).
They all get along and the younger cat hitches rides on the Shepard's
back.

Ok, here goes.... (Deep breath)

I have 13 cats--

Pumpkin, Oliver, Stimpy, Patches, Xena, Sirobi, Itchy, Scratchy, Chewbacca, Weed, Missy, Naala and Screech.

Two dogs--

Murphy McDogall, a pure breed Bassett Hound
Dieon the Dumbass, a Rottie/Doberman mix

Two Hamsters--

Winter and Jorge

A turtle--

Ben

A ferret--

Yoda

And a Ball Python--

Xizor

Donations for the Dave's Ark fund can be sent to my E-mail address.:cool:

I have 4 cats...

Alex, Omega, Simon, & Tiger

Although I did grow up with three generations of German Sheperds that I will never forget...

Rex, Rex, & Stormy

crew..... that is huge for a german shephard!!!!!!! 125 lbs!!!

dave.... you named one of your cats Weed.....LOL awesome.

Slappy McGee

Dave???

Don't you also have a partridge in a pear tree?

heheheheh...Oh I am in SO much trouble now!

I'm a cat person -- lower maintenance, more depth of personality (ok, I'm ready for argument on this one).

Dave -- dude -- 20 pets?!! 13 cats??! Are there some issues we need to discuss? I mean, they've got zoos for this type of menagerie.

Do you live on a farm? If not, that's got to be one fierce aroma coming out of your place...

My Gawd :wow:

Dave lives in a pet store. thats alot of animals..its more like they have you. :p

Dogs most of all...

but I think all animals in general are sweet souls....I have a 105 lb yellow lab, and a 70 lb golden/irish setter mix. Wife is allergic to cats or else I'm sure I'd have at least one wandering around. Q

4 cats: Goofball, Brat, Silly Girl and Loca (we like to name them as adjectives that discribe their personalities)

1 dog: Moe, a pure bred pomeranian. I don't much like dogs ( I had bad experiences with them as a kid) and my wife really wanted one. So we got a cat sized dog. He's a freak. When he gets excited, he spins around is a circle as fast as she can.

I live in the mountains currently. We have deer that cruise the backyard, grazing. Have to drive in slowly to avoid 'em. Who needs pets?

Had a dog as a kid, though. Little mutt named Sam. Miss that dog.

dvnc

I have a step-cat that belonged to my wife when I married her. The animal is 20 yrs old, deaf, arthritic, and going blind. Her personality suits me, but we won't have another when she dies. Livestock belongs in the barn, not the house.

Dogs are quite good stuffed with rice and roasted in a garlic black bean sauce, and served with kimchee and Korean beer.

Strelnikov

Dogs are quite good stuffed with rice and roasted in a garlic black bean sauce, and served with kimchee and Korean beer.
no moo goo puppy bow wow for me please :sowrong:

on another note my dog is 15..and she has gone deaf too, but not to fear..i believe she can now read lips. :D

Hey DVNC,

Don't worry about missing Sam. Scooter and Guna will be ALL over you tomorrow evening! LOL

Dave, unless you've got 14 people in your household, you violate Kalnod's Law! "Never trust anyone who comes from a household where cats outnumber humans."

Strel, you ate a dog? To quote the Tick: "That's... just... WRONG!!! :eek:

I'm definitely a dog person. We've currently got a half-German Sheperd/half-Golden Retriever mix named Samantha. When I was in college, we had a Sheperd/Black Labrador mix named Muffin, and in my youth we had a huge Newfoundland named Brutus.

Between Muffin and Samantha, there were brief periods with a dozen+ freshwater fish of various species and a green Iguana named Gorbash (after a dragon from a fantasy novel).

Slappy Magee....

Slappy you have no idea. He is just huge. He scares other dogs(doberman's and Rotties) when I take him to the vet.
His tail should be considered a deadly weapon. :D
Luckily he is very gentle. If the cats get too annoying he just puts a paw on them and they behave very quickly.

Dave,
Holy cow(and no Dave you can't have one), your pet(s) food bill must be huge!!

Bow-Wow Burgers

Actually, MK, no I didn't. The description is from a Korean-born acquaintance who has.

Dog was featured in Amerind cuisine, Northern Great Plains in particular. Six Nations (Iroquois to you) too, and Apaches who apparently would eat anything. Don't know about Hurons....

Strelnikov

love cats....i have one.love dogs to,but the dog i have is one of those little ankle biting rat looking dogs.she`s cute but i wish my mom didn`t take her.

when i become rich and famous i want to get a lion,or a leopard....now those are cats

im not fond of little yappie dogs either..although mine is a small house dog. but she is pretty intelligent and rarely barks.

as for small dogs versus big dogs i give you this...when i was a kid i saw chihuahua get run over...the car never touched him.. he just waited till the car went over and trotted off...lets see a big dog do that trick.

Biscuit......gives new meaning to "The cat in the hat"

Dave......are you sure you are not an 85 year old woman with that many cats?

I'm glad this thread has taken off. I think we can learn a lot from the animal company others keep, and apparently from this thread there is a lot we might wish we never knew.

Hope all your animals make your daysbrighter and happier :)

Slappy

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back