• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Don't u h8 text speak whn ur reading?

GQguy

3rd Level Red Feather
Perhaps I am a bit uptight, but I hate text speak. The "ur" instead of your or you're. The "u" instead of you. I miss the old days b4 we started all of this text speak stuff. Is this a sign that i'm getting old? Don't get me started on the "there" and "their" or "do" and "due". If i'm getting old just hand me a beer.

GQ

Perhaps I am a bit uptight, but I hate text speak. The "ur" instead of your or you're. The "u" instead of you. I miss the old days b4 we started all of this text speak stuff. Is this a sign that i'm getting old? Don't get me started on the "there" and "their" or "do" and "due". If i'm getting old just hand me a beer.

GQ

Guess I'm uptight too brother. Perhaps us old farts should just go get a cold one. The first round is on me.

GQ

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately for your post, "b4" is also text-speak, at least to me. Keeping to the topic, I just read a post littered with the stuff, and I had to resist the urge to blast it.

GQ

Not old, my mate, I'm 23 and I agree.

I thnk its mor 2 due wit taste.

I have beer.

Text writing is creativity mixed with laziness. I prefer the old way of communicating: with words and complete sentences.

When text messages are limited to 160 characters, I can understand its brilliance in conveying more through less, back before cell phone companies offered reasonably-priced unlimited text packages, but it is very painful to read, and unnecessary in other forms that do not require brevity (Also, I refuse to use it in my text messages, even if it reduces my count!). Unfortunately, our culture is moving full-speed ahead, toward this lazy form of communication. I swear, one day all of our descendants will speak like lolcats. :scared:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySR3hpieiQc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySR3hpieiQc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm with you, GQ. (That was unintentionally poetic. :D)

I hate it too. I very rarely use text speak when texting, and that's only if what I'm typing doesn't fit and I don't want to send two texts. Outside of texts, the only time I use text speak was when I was in high school and taking notes.

If it's not a text, I don't see the use of it. And I hope to god this is not where we're heading because honestly it makes us look stupid. Imagine, reports and essays written in text speak. :facepalm:

Gah. I'm so grammatically correct in my texting that I always look over it all and if I missed so much as a comma, I'd fix it.

I use OMG and LOL. That's about it.

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately for your post, "b4" is also text-speak, at least to me. Keeping to the topic, I just read a post littered with the stuff, and I had to resist the urge to blast it.

It was a joke. I cringe whenever I read text speak! Hence the text speak in the title and the crappy grammer.

GQ

I enjoy LOLs, and the occasional WTF.

But enough about my personal life... :D

Know what's even worse than text speak while reading? Hearing someone SAY text speak. I know people that actually say "omg" or "wtf"!

Drew

Yeah, it's annoying.

I Also Hate When People Capitalize Every Word Like This. Or EvEry OtHtEr LeTteR iN eVeRy WoRd LiKe ThIs.

I swear, one day all of our descendants will speak like lolcats. :scared:

angry-lolcat1.jpg

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back