• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

dragon ball z live movie a no go

AphxA1

TMF Master
Taken from dragonballz.com:

NO LIFE IN THE "DRAGONBALL" LIVE ACTION MOVIE? by Otherworld Steve

I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles, CA. I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball/Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.

heh i guess it was never meant to be, but it would have been cool if it came out though.

fear not dragonball fans. they have plenty of gt material at a local retailer near you. Big deal, there wont be a live action dragon ball movie It would be money wasted. you want good movie. Spiderman 2, this summer.

actually there is a live action dragonball movie already out! i have it...its old though but its pretty cool...but its a live action movie of dragonball not dragonballZ...i wonder who they would have to play the characters for the new one. if they wer gonna make it...

i heard there seriously was a live action dragon ball movie from Japan and only seen in Japan. I dont know if you can import it though.

I HAVE seen it. I use to work at a Japanese animation store! Bulma didn't have colored hair, Goku had his hair sprayed straight up, and everyone leaped from tree to tree and the wires were clearly visible! Ah the classics.

Damn! And I was convinced they could have done it! After the effects I saw in the Neo/Smith battle of The Matrix Revolutions, I believe they could have made a DBZ fight scene look worthy.

I agree that this is for the best. DBZ is too mainstream as it is. The energy and time would be better put into a live action movie of a different anime. Which one that is or should be is as different as the anime fans, but clearly there are better things to make than what more or less ammounts to a fight movie.

I never liked DBZ. The animation is choppy and second rate and the plot and story is very lame. I can say this with confidence as I've seen many a poll and thread where other otakus feel the same way, even FANS of DBZ.

To make a live action movie at this point, when there is already enough material out, and the series is so domesticated, I think perhaps making a movie would only create what would become a generic cycle. If all you've got to look forward to with such a movie is a fight scene or two, that was a huge bugdet gone to waste to produce something that wouldn't capture the imagination of the audience anyway. And I'm not just saying this because I don't like DBZ. Its just how the movie business works. They'd make much more money on something else, even if its not as well known.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is going to kick any live action anime movie's ass from what I see thus far. As long as they honor and remain true to the characters and the plot, it will be a crowning achievement in this ever growing trend of animes made into live action movies.

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back