• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dumbest lawsuit in history

strokeofgenius2

TMF Poster
A guy who's been eating fast food for most of his life is suing a bunch of fat-food chains (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc.), claiming they made him extremely unhealthy, caused him to have multiple heart attacks and basically made his life really crappy.

His lawyer claims the man did not know the food was so unhealthy.

I said it before, I'll say it again...LAWYERS ARE NO DAMN GOOD. They produce nothing. Get rid of 'em all.

And shame on a judge for not throwing this case out 2.5 seconds after he heard about it.

Ugh. Talk about greed, laziness and just plain stipidity scoring a victory. Freakin' morons!

The best thing that could happen in this case of for the turd strangling cretin to have a heart attack and die beforwe his case gets to court. It'as people like him and the lawyers who support him that give the american legal system a joke for a reputation.

I've seen these two idiots on TV the other morning. As a former Burger King manager, I can say that this guy is off his rocker. He says that he knew the food wasn't the best for him, but he had no idea that there was so much sodium or fat content...blah, blah, blah.

When I worked for BK, we had ingredient and nutrient lists available for every single thing we made, and it was posted that this was available upon request. I know that other fast food chains do the same thing. All this guy had to do was ask.

This is akin to someone suing Drano becuase they drank the bottle. Yeah, it says that it's poisonous...but no one told me that I had to read the bottle to find this out. It should have been told to me when I bought it.

Very little gets me really riled up, but I hate suits like this. We have got to increase judges' abilities to throw out frivolous suits and seriously lower punitive damage payouts. This is the reason it takes four years for a murderer to go to trial sometimes. We've got to unload the three-month trial of the moron who sues a homeowner for having a dangerous log-rack at the bottom of his chimney, causing him harm and emotional stress while he was only trying to rob the place.

People, and the legal system, have got to grow up. Enough.:sowrong:

Recently, on a whim, I decided to fling a claw hammer high in the air. While on its way back earthward, it clocked me on the noggin, causing severe brain damage. I have hereby decided to sue the makers of the hammer, for failing to inform me that if I were to hit myself in the head with it, it might lead to injury.

:rolleyes: :sowrong:

i can't believe a judge would let it get that far, but i guess it must be good for publicity :disgust: :rolleyes: old Billy was right kill the lawyers-or at least the ones that are desperate enough for attention to take cases like this

Dave2112 said:
I've seen these two idiots on TV the other morning. As a former Burger King manager, I can say that this guy is off his rocker. He says that he knew the food wasn't the best for him, but he had no idea that there was so much sodium or fat content...blah, blah, blah.

When I worked for BK, we had ingredient and nutrient lists available for every single thing we made, and it was posted that this was available upon request. I know that other fast food chains do the same thing. All this guy had to do was ask.

This is akin to someone suing Drano becuase they drank the bottle. Yeah, it says that it's poisonous...but no one told me that I had to read the bottle to find this out. It should have been told to me when I bought it.

Very little gets me really riled up, but I hate suits like this. We have got to increase judges' abilities to throw out frivolous suits and seriously lower punitive damage payouts. This is the reason it takes four years for a murderer to go to trial sometimes. We've got to unload the three-month trial of the moron who sues a homeowner for having a dangerous log-rack at the bottom of his chimney, causing him harm and emotional stress while he was only trying to rob the place.

People, and the legal system, have got to grow up. Enough.:sowrong:

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!

Jeez, it doesn't take much at all to get some of you guys really really really MAD, does it?

Actually, the dumbest lawsuit in history hasn't happened yet. It will happen when I sue my next door neighbor for affecting the weather (by mowing his lawn).

Mowing?

What's he mowing it with? The John Deere Weather Master 3000? Or is he causing a "greenout" by blowing it at your house? Q

As a friend of mine once told me "Stupidity knows no boundaries.". This case is an illustration in point. I can scarcely think of something more stupid to sue over.

shark said:
dump half of the dumbass judges too.

Why dump just HALF of dumbass judges? Why not dump ALL the judges that are dumbasses? I know, I know...there'd be maybe only three judges left then.

*sigh* ya just can win, can ya?

Q,
Every time he goes out to mow his lawn, it starts to rain. Therefore, I conclude that he's affecting the weather.

D....

I smell a whole new thread on cause and effect coming up..lol! Q

If it does, Q, will it be the effect of your having made that post, or the cause of your prediction???

Does that mean that when he goes to another neighborhood,cuts a lawn there,and it rains,that he is stealing rain from his own neighborhood?

tklr5150 said:
Recently, on a whim, I decided to fling a claw hammer high in the air. While on its way back earthward, it clocked me on the noggin, causing severe brain damage. I have hereby decided to sue the makers of the hammer, for failing to inform me that if I were to hit myself in the head with it, it might lead to injury.

Don't forget to track down the direct descendents of Sir Isaac Newton. Had that foul beast not "invented" gravity, the hammer would never have hit you!

This case settles it. I'm going to law school. When I was a teen, I used to be an anarchist. It took me until my adult age to realize that those in the system will invariable cause more damage to it than any outsider could ever dream of.

when i first hear about this lawsuit, i nearly cried. of all the idiotic things you can sue over. i swear, if this guy gets paid ANYTHING, then i plan to have my own frivilous lawsuit. why not? obviously you can win anything. i wanted to a lawyer once. i have a lot of common sense and actually enjoy proving people wrong. but it when the idiots get away with it that burns me up. he didnt know the food was fattening? someone please take a bat and swing it across his head. no, in fact i will, that way when the bat breaks from bashing in his skull, i can sue him for breaking my bat. how's that for a lawsuit???

Shark,

Good point! I hadn't thought of that. I will have my lawyer add that fact to the complaint. :D

Daumantas, I'm going to put your theory to the test.

I'll be mowing my lawn tommorow morning(or later today, it's pretty late), and if it rains, you will be credited with discovering a new theorem of meteorology........although hopefully we can share the credit...lol

The lawyer who filed this suit was on Fox News Channel last night. He was as sleazy, sanctimonious, and pompous as I expected such a creature to be. He had the gall to claim that he did not file the suit to earn any money, no, he did it just to change the behavior of fast food corporations (such as Burger King, McDonalds, KFC) so that they won't victimize unfortunate people like his clients in the future.

If you believe that, then I can quote you an excellent price to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me.

Let me close with my favorite lawyer joke.

What is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One is a garbage-eating, bottom-feeding, scum-sucking scavenger, and the other is ... a fish.

I've heard that scientists are now using lawyers instead of rats in lab experiments. One reason is because the scientists get too emotionally attached to the rats and the other is that there are some things that even rats won't do.:blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

they won't victimize unfortunate people like his clients in the future.

unfortunate people...isn't that code for complete idiot who knows that they don't sell health food at fast food restaurants...as for a victim, he's no more a victim than the lady that put the coffee between her legs and didn't realize it was hot...people like this infuriate me...they have this poor me,i'm a victim complex and try to inflict it on other people...and the lawyers, ha they are such publicity hounds that they will take any lawsuit that they can to make a name for themselves, i'm hoping that at least the judge has enough common sense to throw this case out...unfortunately i'm sure this person will have something else to whine about and drag thru our already over-taxed court system.....

steps off her soap box and goes back to her lurking position for another week

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back