• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dumbledore's gay.

at least she was honest. and there isn't much the Christian Special Interest groups can do now that Rowling has ended the series and has sold millions of copies. it would be like getting a fire hose to douse smoldering embers.

Weird that there's been so many Harry Potter threads lately...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_on_en_ot/books_harry_potter

Yet another reason for the right wing Christian parents to try and get it off library shelves.

Book banning,or the attempt to do so is not the exclusive property of Christians.See Nazi Germany,any communist country or the U.S.Some of the PC crowd here have tried to get Huckleberry Finn removed from library shelves because of the use of the *N* word.A hateful word that i have no use for,but Mark Twains use of it needs to be looked at in the context of the time when he wrote the book.Go to Saudia Arabia and see what you find in the book stores.

Now that the story cycle is done and she's got a frillion £ in the bank, she can claim anything she likes without endangering her sales, can't she?

Book banning,or the attempt to do so is not the exclusive property of Christians.See Nazi Germany,any communist country or the U.S.Some of the PC crowd here have tried to get Huckleberry Finn removed from library shelves because of the use of the *N* word.A hateful word that i have no use for,but Mark Twains use of it needs to be looked at in the context of the time when he wrote the book.Go to Saudia Arabia and see what you find in the book stores.

I wasn't aware that nazi's, pc groups, and Saudi Arabians were already attempting to ban Harry Potter at the time of her statement. My bad.

I wasn't aware that nazi's, pc groups, and Saudi Arabians were already attempting to ban Harry Potter at the time of her statement. My bad.

Fire Sprite come on,you know what i meant.I'm talking about book banning in general.I'm not Christian in the tradional sense,i just get a bit weary of seeing people of the Christian faith being blamed for all the ills of the world,while everyone else seems to get a free pass.And i dare say you would not find any Harry Potter books in Saudi Arabia unless they were underground copies.

Fire Sprite come on,you know what i meant.I'm talking about book banning in general.I'm not Christian in the tradional sense,i just get a bit weary of seeing people of the Christian faith being blamed for all the ills of the world,while everyone else seems to get a free pass.And i dare say you would not find any Harry Potter books in Saudi Arabia unless they were underground copies.

Well I guess I was a little snappy. Harry Potter has attracted particular ire from Christian groups because of its massive popularity with children. So when it was connected to gays (something extremist christians seem to hate more than Harry Potter) a situation was created that was unique to that religion. I don't feel that my statement was implying that Christians had the monopoly on irrational censorship.

Well I guess I was a little snappy. Harry Potter has attracted particular ire from Christian groups because of its massive popularity with children. So when it was connected to gays (something extremist christians seem to hate more than Harry Potter) a situation was created that was unique to that religion. I don't feel that my statement was implying that Christians had the monopoly on irrational censorship.

"Christians" don't have the monopoly, but the angry mothers sure are close to it. "Think about the children!!!". such utter stupidity. trying to guard kids from life is becoming more of a past-time these days. luckily, the Librarian's Association are levying for less to non censorship of books in the library, as well as putting books (of appropriate material, of course) on the shelves, some of which were banned at one point. and, so far, they have been fairly successful at keeping Harry Potter, and a few other controversial titles, on the shelves.

I agree with you about the Mark Twain thing. Alot of people did not really read the book and understand the context. Its dangerous to rewrite literary context.

I got a bit snappy myself my friend,and i want to apologise to you.You and i are both against censorship and bigotry.Most of us here are i would hope.

I find it amusing that she said that. All of the yaoi/slash fans out there are likely lapping up the news. :D

I also think she was trying to just attract more attention... though I don't mind in the least if Dumbledore was gay. Love's love and all that. I'm just sorry it didn't work out for him.

It would have been awfully funny if Dumbledore had a husband or lover around, though... maybe it would have grossed some people out, but I likely woulda cracked up.

Stage Whisper said:
It would have been awfully funny if Dumbledore had a husband or lover around, though... maybe it would have grossed some people out, but I likely woulda cracked up.

Me too. Especially if said life partner insisted on redecorating Hogwarts.

I don't follow all the Harry Potter this and that, as I tried to read the first book and hated it, but I can only imagine the amount of fan-fics based on this announcement currently flying onto the internet. :D

Bah don't really care. It isn't featured in the book. (which would be offensive as sexual content don't belong in a children's bookseries -> which remains in theory the main public) She of course says this after it's all over... a bit of controvery etc adds even more attention to her novels.

I'm not Christian in the tradional sense,i just get a bit weary of seeing people of the Christian faith being blamed for all the ills of the world,while everyone else seems to get a free pass.

Thanks from someone who is a Christian in the tradional sense and loved the Harry Potter books(they were just fantasy after all, a bit of harmless fun) , dosn't dislike them anymore now that it is known Dumbledore's gay and who happens to see no real reason to think gay people will be left out of Heaven.

My friends say I'm a strange Christian, loving, caring and above all accepting of others but I hope that is what people think of when they think Christian in the tradional sense. :)

Isn't Dumbledore like a 100 years old? At that age, I wouldn't think he'd be swinging from any poles, you know?

Why on earth would anyone think that Dumbledore is gay? :confused: I don't think he's gay. Just because he's particularly friendly with Harry doesn't mean he's a homosexual.

Why on earth would anyone think that Dumbledore is gay? I don't think he's gay. Just because he's particularly friendly with Harry doesn't mean he's a homosexual.

The author of the book stated he is gay, hun. Though i kind'a wish he had actually came out in the book.

I wonder how long...

I wonder how long it will be before the Catholic Schools pull it off the shelves. I mean they are pulling the Golden Compess off the shelves in there libraries, so if a mentor in Harry Postter is gay then it should be getting removed soon too. Makes me ashamed to be a life footer.

Honestly, for her to say this now after the series is over just strikes me as a bit, well... like a publicity stunt really.

Honestly, for her to say this now after the series is over just strikes me as a bit, well... like a publicity stunt really.

Possible, but i don;t think so Strider. It's not like she needs either more money or to boost the sales. As to why she chose now to make the comment, to be honest, i'm not sure. I can;t see it as really helping her though.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back