• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ecw Is Back!

Random212

TMF Regular

WWE, announced the official launch of ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling®) as a brand extension to its RAW® and SmackDown® franchises.

After acquiring the ECW assets in 2003, WWE spent the past few years re-introducing ECW to the global WWE audience and increasing the interest in its unique brand of sports entertainment. To date, WWE has successfully released 3 ECW DVD’s, all of which have become best sellers, and produced a very profitable ECW pay-per-view event in June 2005, with another ECW pay-per-view scheduled for this June 11, 2006. With consumer interest at an all-time high, WWE is introducing ECW as a complementary brand to RAW and SmackDown.

“After keeping the ECW concept alive and creating an enormous cult-like following for all things ECW from DVD’s to PPV’s to books, we feel that now the time is right to officially launch ECW as its own stand-alone franchise,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman. “RAW, SmackDown and ECW now represent a portfolio of WWE brands for fans of all ages and interests to enjoy.”

Similar to WWE’s RAW and SmackDown brands, WWE will produce, market and promote a full line of ECW products from television programs to pay-per-views to live events to licensed consumer goods.

In a related announcement, The SCI FI Channel today announced it would start airing one-hour episodes of a new ECW live television program, debuting June 13 at 10 p.m. ET. (from http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ecwlaunch)

So yea ECW IS BACK! I just don't understand why it would be on SciFi. What do you guys think?

Random212 said:
WWE will always be better than TNA, thank you. :bump:

Hell no! WWE is all props and comedy sketches, certainly no wrestling! TNA has wrestling the way it was meant to be and in doing so way more entertaining that the jokey, silly WWE. TNA reminds me of ECW (when it was not McMahonized ) mixed with WCW circa '97. WWE has such characters as male cheerleaders, pirates, a white champ who thinks he's black...a black champ who thinks he's white and boogeymen!!! Guys that dress up like schoolteachers, Deion Sanders clone and worst of all that asshole who thinks he's Micheal Buffer with the old style mike that drops down from the celing!!! Funny thing is those losers seldom wrestle they just do comedy sketches, improv and other nonsense. WWE is not wrestling it's entertainment the in the vein of a Three Stooges episode. Even the Rock (the most overrated jerkoff in history) called WWE "slapstick" so when your main boy calls you a comedy routine it pretty much means you are! I want to see the art of a wrestling match not Coach trapped between DX (who are middle aged, married yet still try to act outlaw-cool) with a tumble weed appearing, the good, bad and ugly music playing and each member of DX standing on opposite side of him, this "sketch" DID happen on a Raw episode, i'm not exaggerrating. That's entertaining??? That's fucking insulting to the intelligence of the person watching it!!! :sowrong:

Look, the current brand is ok, but it ain't ECW. It's the third WWE brand basically. What ECW did in the years 94-98 had never been done before, and will never be done again.

Wow, talk about diggin up an old thread

ECW is dead, it was dead when mcmahon bought it. The new ecw is an insult to all of the origional fans and the wrestlers that made it what it was. Countouts? DQs? Givin worthless bags of crap like test a push and overhyped cm punk? I wont bother with my disgust discussion on big show and lashley

Heyman should be praying to god they dont run a show again at the ecw arena or any of the new jersey spots, he will get lynched in a riot

Yeah, the current ECW is an insult to what it once was....it's nothing but tey another platform for Mr. McMahon to shove wrestlers most people don't give a crap about and who are FAR from extreme into our faces, trying to pass it off as a pathetic knock off of the original. It's Smackdown pt. 2.

And TNA rocks. :D

Mimi said:
Yeah, the current ECW is an insult to what it once was....it's nothing but tey another platform for Mr. McMahon to shove wrestlers most people don't give a crap about and who are FAR from extreme into our faces, trying to pass it off as a pathetic knock off of the original. It's Smackdown pt. 2.

I dunno, I definitely like CM Punk.

Mimi said:

Damn straight! Sting is the last hero this world has!! :Hyrdrogen

Mimi said:

Its below smackdown, its like velocity. The matches average like 3-4 mins and are pretty boring. How ironic too that the only ecw wrestler getting pushed is rvd, who was the only ecw guy to make mild fame in wwf and identified as ecw. Now they got ecw legends like tommy dreamer being the new job squad.

as for tna....eh........I was a huge christopher daniels fan before he became big in tna, i just cant watch tna. I mean, to me it seems no better than wcw of the day cuz you got jarrett as the booker and owner and the old talent is put over the new talent. Also, to me, tna seems to be a "what unnessecary move can we add to this to make the crowd ooo", i also call this the hardy boy syndrome, where they could do a simple dropkick, but instead they do some stupid twist before or after to make it look unorthadox.
Also, i really hate the crowd that does the divided cheering

Mimi said:

I agree, this new ECW is no more than the old Sunday Night Heat show. Except it's the same matches every week. I just read the results on tonights PPV, it ended at 10:18pm!! And for $39.99???

Drew

The divided cheering Goodie is because the WRESTLERS (god I love to say that instead of entertainers!) are not pure faces or heels. Some are tweeners like Christian Cage or AJ Styles. I just got into TNA myself after stopping watching wrestling when the John Cena era started. I really like TNA. :cool2:

Oh no doubt TNA would be leagues better if that jerkoff Jeff Jarret wasn't in such a position of power. That is the one thing that severely annoys me and turns me off of TNA. Either Jarret HAS the belt, or he will be getting it back within a few weeks. It's like he can not share the spotlight with anyone. He's the second coming of Hogan or Nash.

Other than that though they just run circles around WWE in terms of talent, IMO. Maybe it is a lot of smoke and mirrors to make common manuevers look impressively different, but IT WORKS. Their matches are nothing short of spectacular because they DO add that something to them. I've not seen anything or anyone in the ring that can stand up to Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles. MAYBE Jeff and Matt Hardy. God I'd kill to see the 4 of them do a tag match or 4 way X Division match.

.....I think I just orgasmed.

Anyway, I still love WWE for their angles (usually) and overall entertainment value. TNA does lack that. But for actual action TNA is where it's at, IMO. (with the exception of the Hardy brothers, who I adore).

AFA ECW, blah. I hate seeing the REAL ECW stars (Sabu, RVD, Dreamer, Sandman) have to job time and time again to the WWE stars McMahon can not generate enough interest in on RAW or Smackdown. It makes me ill. Though I will admit of the new ECW talent they've brought in, I'd probably put CM Punk on the top of the list. He can wrestle fairly well and is at least somewhat entertaining. He's also well spoken and good on the mic which is a nice change and makes up for the fact he looks like Barf from Barf's Burgers on the old Nickelodeon show "You Can't Do That On Television" when he smiles. :blaugh:

Ethical Edward said:
The divided cheering Goodie is because the WRESTLERS (god I love to say that instead of entertainers!) are not pure faces or heels. Some are tweeners like Christian Cage or AJ Styles. I just got into TNA myself after stopping watching wrestling when the John Cena era started. I really like TNA. :cool2:

Granted but you need a heel and face. Sure ecw was great for its face vs face matches but i personally get annoyed when you got intermixed chants for the wrestlers, makes it hard to follow the action. Also, i dislike how if anyone has any cred of bein in a big fed, theyre automatically a headliner for tna, such as cage. He was nothin better than tag champ\minor titles\edge lackey and whatnot, and now he is a main event title holder? I mean ecw brought in "high" talent but they were used for the fans and for dream matches(like sabu vs cactus jack)
Also i cannot stand jarrett as i stated and i was a huge mark for rhino when he debut in chicago on a house show for ecw, he didnt need to talk, all he needed was face off with sandman and not be afraid

Mimi said:
Oh no doubt TNA would be leagues better if that jerkoff Jeff Jarret wasn't in such a position of power. That is the one thing that severely annoys me and turns me off of TNA. Either Jarret HAS the belt, or he will be getting it back within a few weeks. It's like he can not share the spotlight with anyone. He's the second coming of Hogan or Nash.

Other than that though they just run circles around WWE in terms of talent, IMO. Maybe it is a lot of smoke and mirrors to make common manuevers look impressively different, but IT WORKS. Their matches are nothing short of spectacular because they DO add that something to them. I've not seen anything or anyone in the ring that can stand up to Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles. MAYBE Jeff and Matt Hardy. God I'd kill to see the 4 of them do a tag match or 4 way X Division match.

.....I think I just orgasmed.

Anyway, I still love WWE for their angles (usually) and overall entertainment value. TNA does lack that. But for actual action TNA is where it's at, IMO. (with the exception of the Hardy brothers, who I adore).

AFA ECW, blah. I hate seeing the REAL ECW stars (Sabu, RVD, Dreamer, Sandman) have to job time and time again to the WWE stars McMahon can not generate enough interest in on RAW or Smackdown. It makes me ill. Though I will admit of the new ECW talent they've brought in, I'd probably put CM Punk on the top of the list. He can wrestle fairly well and is at least somewhat entertaining. He's also well spoken and good on the mic which is a nice change and makes up for the fact he looks like Barf from Barf's Burgers on the old Nickelodeon show "You Can't Do That On Television" when he smiles. :blaugh:

Eh, i seen cm punk when he started in the lunatic wrestling federation in illinois, i wasnt impressed, esp how all he has is his straight edge angle(and if people didnt know, well atleast in the lwf, CM stands for chick magnet) and his tag partner was CM venom
The matches he had with credible and others seem to be carbon copies of the same thing. Maybe if they begun feuding him with someone and maybe have a summer series like they did with jerry lynn and justin credible, it will make them both look amazing and showcase them more

as for tna talent, eh, there are alot of the indies who are out there who have talent equal or tival tna but thats a given, like low ki, and reckless youth(if he's still around)

and the hardy's just annoy me, thats just me

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back