• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Election Opinions!

ForgottenTcklr

4th Level Red Feather
I thought I'd give people a place to share their views on tonights election!

Here in Oregon, democrats look to have won it over, but overall on the national level THE REPUBLICANS ARE TEARING IT UP!!!

We have...

The House
The Senate
AND The White House

It's a beautiful thing!!!

Honestly I'm a little nauseated. It's too late to whine about the respective campaign strategies, but I just hope the Republicans don't use this opportunity to disenfranchise half of the nation just because they scared some people into voting for them.

ForgottenTcklr said:
overall on the national level THE REPUBLICANS ARE TEARING IT UP!!!

We have...

The House
The Senate
AND The White House

It's a beautiful thing!!!

Not to me. :(

I think Bush's support is the main reason the GOP won big in this election. But I am also disappointed that the Dems didn't oppose him more. If they had, I think the party would've had a better showing. I'm quite worried about what will happen during the next two years. However, the Dems lost a whole lot of seats in 1994 when Clinton was President, so I hope in 2004 the same thing happens to the Repubs even if Bush wins again. :D

Thanks for the thread, FT, and I hope both parties will work together for the common good of the nation. :)

P.S. I edited my post because I remembered that when George W. Bush became President, the Congress was also Republican, but that didn't last long because of Jim Jeffords. ;)

Last edited:
I am a conservative,

But if Democrats had COMPLETE control, I would be more satisfied than the parties splitting control. Because when no party has control, they just sit in a room and bitch at each other all day and NOTHING GETS DONE!!!!

At least with a party in control more work will be done in Washington!

Heh. I'm what you might call a "moderate conservative independant." Given my conservative bent, you might think I'd be happy with the outcome of this election... Well, I'm not.

See, the political party I favor is called DEADLOCK. I don't like it when either party has control, because that increases the chances that the controlling party will manage to do something stupid.

Thankfully, the Republicans only got 50 seats in the Senate. Yeah, I know this means that they can force a tie which Dick Cheney will then break in their favor... But it also effectively gives my main man John McCain his own personal veto in close voting situations. Thank heaven there's at least 1 Republican who's not scared to tell the party leadership to "Suck it!"

On a related note, given the election results... anyone wanna guess what Saddam's doing right now? Somebody better get that fella some Depends... He's gonna need 'em! :ignite:

YES!!

Man! 1st the Angels Kick the crap outta the Giants, now this!! YESS!!

Well Krokus,

A conservative Angel...

That's an interesting title!

Okay well then what would I be?

Well I don't really have a baseball team, so I guess I would be the

Conservative Raider~

Since when is a discussion of whether or not to go to war NOT legitimate in a democracy? Apparently, most of us felt that this issue is more important than whether Granny gets 2% or 3% on her next Social Security cost-of-living increase. Dem whining about the Repubs hijacking the election agenda leaves me cold.

I'm happy to see the Repubs in charge again. Maybe they can correct some of the political problems that have afflicted this country since the 1960's. Now it's time for them to put up or shut up, or they will deserve to lose in 2004.

Strelnikov

I agree Strel,

I don't want to bad-mouth Democrats or their views, but things haven't been going well the past few decades in my opinion. It's a good chance to give the other side a chance to have their way on our Gov't. They may not fix it, Hell they might make it worse... but they do deserve a chance.

Kee-rist on a crutch

The Democrats have been in charge the last few decades?

The Democrats have been in charge since the 60s?

Count with me, people:

Kennedy/Johnson presidencies: 1961-1968 8 years
Nixon/Ford presidencies: 1969-1976 8 years
Carter presidency: 1977-1980 4 years
Reagan presidency: 1981-1988 8 years
Bush Sr presidency: 1989-1992 4 years
Clinton presidency: 1993-2000 8 years

That's 20 years for the Democrats and 20 years for the Republicans.

Strelnikov, I'm surprised. You're old enough to remember. Hell, you're old enough to remember when the South voted solid Democrat. And why they changed. And I remember too.

Yes, eq, I do remember... But except for the brief time between Bush 43's inauguration and when Jim Jeffords turned his coat, this is the first time the Repubs have had complete control of the elected branches since the 1920's.

Strelnikov

Strelnikov said:
But except for the brief time between Bush 43's inauguration and when Jim Jeffords turned his coat, this is the first time the Repubs have had complete control of the elected branches since the 1920's.

If I'm not mistaken, the GOP also had complete control for two years (elected 1952, served 1953-1955) when Eisenhower first became President. Sorry to correct you, Strel. :)

P.S. I don't view Jim Jeffords as a turncoat, since he alway's been (as far as I know) pretty moderate to liberal for a Republican.

I am so very happy. Unfortunately were still stuck with Gray Doofus here in California but you can't have everything I guess. At least the Valley and Hollywood didn't secede and the Republicans won big time.

The Senate is the large question as far as party platform is involved.Jeffords will vote more liberal,as will McKain,Specter,and Chafee,and this is provided that any of them doesn't switch parties.
I've seen that scenario in national and local elections,and I think it's crooked.

Political opinions have been abounding about why the losses of the Democrats across the board.This is especially interesting,since the off-year,or mid-term,elections usually mean losses for the party of the sitting President.

Like Strel said,the Republicans now have 2 years to put up or shut up.Pitts,the economic advisor in the Bush administration,is resigning.While this is an admission of strategic mistakes,a problem for the Democrats was that they had nothing better to offer than criticism,and have admitted so.

I'm not that keen on any one party controlling all 3 branches,but the senate margin is pretty slim.We'll just have to see what happens,
and be prepared to contact our elected officials when we are in disagreement.

I'm so disgusted right now I dont know what to say...............so Ill just make faces. :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :Grrr: :Grrr: :Grrr: :sowrong: :sowrong:

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back