• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

european championship

peter

TMF Expert
ey do you guys watch the european championship in portugal???

My house is just a few miles from two of the stadiums, actually some of the best games will be here in Lisbon including the final. Unfortunatelly I was unable to buy or win some tickets...I new I was going to be finishing college right now so time is not something I have to spare.

But I can tell you I haven´t missed a single game on tv as I can watch the games wille I´m "studying" lol this is also why I´m a bit more active here on the forums...I´m at home almost all day.

Tomorrow I´m going with some friend to a bar with giant screen to see our last hope....Portugal-Russia....aahhh...don´t wan´t to think to much on that one! lol I can´t tell wich side is more desorganized and without faith, hope, will to fight...everything! Guess if we can beat the russians then we will get together and it will be an historical battle against spain like old times when we used to ran them out of here with our swords lol aaaahhh....so many things are different these days....

:p

i hope portugal beat russia , and let deco start he's great!!
yesterday i saw the netherlands play against germany and it was 1-1
i hope that the netherlands or italy are going to win the european championship!!

the best player next to zidane is........FRANSESCO TOTTI !!!

lol

you like deco! well....he is actually one of our greatest problems! You see...many of the portuguese players are against him on the national team cause he´s a brazilian. Players like Figo, Rui Costa, Fernando Couto were all pretty mad with it....there was almost a war here in portugal because of Deco and that might explain you why isn´t he on our starting 11.

By the way....I happen to know him in persson, he doesn´t speeks to much, but inside is a very ambitious persson! Be aware cause he wants to get away from Porto and his dream is to fight for the world best player award.

I knew him back when He was 18 and arrived on Portugal...he actually came to Benfica and was loaned to my local club in 2nd division....enough to say that the little young kid drove F.C.Alverca to the 1st league in great style!but alas....someone at benfica said he was to small to become a class player and he got really pissed of!!! really!!!!! lol He had some bears and promissed to show they were all wrong. When Benfica tried to loan him again to Alverca e simply disapeared lol he run to north and after a fight on court started playing for Salgueiros on the 1st division....before the end of the season the almost 20 year youngster was already on the way to F.C.Porto....and the rest you all know.

Hope you like these little story :)

As Benfica is still one of the most supported clubs in Portugal Deco for obvious reasons is one of our biggest mistakes we have to live with....that is also one of the reasons many people don´t like him...because he fought on court to get rid from Benfica.

great story

ey great story about deco !!:p
i'm watching the game right now
portugal leads with 1-0
and deco is a starter!!
btw. i think luis figo, rui costa, fernando couto should be on the bench. cause they aren't that good anymore the past years....
and there are better players right now like: cristiano ronaldo, deco and costinha...
what do you think about the dutch team (the netherlands :p) ??

yes! we won 2-0 as you must know! lol I had a birthday party after the game and incidentally we got to have spanish and russian people on the same restaurant lol we were in a real party and ended up sheering por spain and russia to...singing our national anthem twice....you can get the picture!

I agree with you about Couto and Rui Costa.....one who haves Ricardo Carvalho and Deco is almost a shame to play with older and finished players on the starting 11. Figo still has a chance...you might have noticed that our other winger Simao Sabrosa seems unable to breake so Figo and Ronaldo seem the only class players to the wings. maybe Ronaldo should go in there on Simao´s place....to bad cause Simao is maybe Benfica´s best player and I would like to see more of him.

Now netherland......humm I really like netherland!! But I don´t believe they can win...so many class players and no team...such a shame!You see Denmark playing incredibly well as a team and netherland with far better players rarely shows signs of true team play....even your goal showed up from the sky in a time when they were pumping balls to Hojdonk who was winning them to no one cause Nistelroy seemed unable to get the timming of those head passes. I picked this example as I could pick another.
You have in fact quality players! from the midfield up is probably the best lot of players around.

I´ll wait for the next game to get a better opinion on them....the germans are strong, it´s usual for any team to have trouble against them so...it could be just that.

But I can´t help telling you again! Train Nistel and Hojdonk so that the first can arrive in time to the balls the second one wins on the air, do this and you´ll score goals for fun!!!!! I counted at least two times when Nistel arrived early and there was no one there to get to the ball Hojdonk had won (NO DEFENDER EITHER)...have Nistel arrived 1 second later and he could drive the dropping ball home...he surely is able of shooting hard a falling ball. It would have been 3-1 :p
I wont even speak of the balls you could not get to nistelroy during all the game....no point having one of the best world strikers if you can´t play to him. Something seemed wrong on that midfield.

Good luck for the next one! You´ll have a tough challenge against the czechs....I believe it will be one of the greatest games of the tournament....the czechs wont sit in deffence and probably wi´ll see goals from either side.

thnx

congrats on your victory
but it's now alot harder cause you have to beat spain to go to the next round.....good luck with that.

and your right that the dutch team isn;t a team..
i think they are playin with the wrong players.
cause our best wing player didn't played againtst germany.
Arjen robben is one of the quickest players , he also signed for chelsea next summer.
and they should play with makaay, he is a better "killer" than van nistelrooy or van hooijdonk.

and totti is suspended for 3 games because he spit someone :rolleyes:
he is one of the best players of the world , so it;s a shame he is suspended but it's kinda grosse that he spit someone

just saw france - croatia
it's was a pretty cool match....
but france are sooooo lucky
against england they scored thanx to zinidine zidane twice
a free kick and a penalty
in injurytime

and now they scored cause of a own goal from igor tudor and a bad pass from robert kovac so trezeguet scored easily

2 morrow italy - sweden
and danemark - bulgary

Today we saw:

England 3 - Switzerland 0
weird game! england seems more and more a british version of italy...with the problem that they are still far from italy´s safer defence...on the other hand...they seem pretty good and fast on those counter-strikes....go for it rooney! I like that kid! Owen was better but still gets me puzzled.
But when you give the ground to the other team...one suposes they´ll try to score goals but I still doubt the Swiss know the meaning of "scoring a goal"....they wont learn it with the fat chapuisat that´s for sure lol....I was getting angry at them! I wanna see some oposition and those guys simply couldn´t get a shot on target...they actually did it only once during 90 minutes and it was right on the keeper....well...if it´s the best they know..

France 2 - Croatia 2
Nice game! some goals, the final result allways unsure...nice!!!
What´s the matter with France??? I still think they´re felling more need to go and have fun on the nearest beach then playing football....
they have the skills, they can place it all together as a team but...we only see the real France now and then....they almost got kicked by England this way and once again had luck against Croatia. I still think they have the stuff to win this tournament but they´ll better wake up.
Croatia is a nice team but like switzerland they are some of the worst on this tournament. Still croatia made something really better on second half and they now have a chance against England. But the goals were more allowed by french defenders than other thing. I believe England wont give them that chance. Only at the end Olic and Mornar made trully great stuff and that could have been a wonder victory goal.

I believe France will win against switzerland and finish 1st on GroupB
England should be able to win Croatia and get a second place.
I´m willing to bet that the Swiss wont score any goals against frace...lol own goals ore terrible back pass by french defenders wont count!!!! lol

wow alot of beautiful plays in the game france - croatia but they didn't scored out of them....
like the corner in the 1st half. henry passes to zidane, zidane passes to viera with his heel and viera misses.
and mornar he was only a few inches from the goal and he misses

aaaaaaahhhh no way we are finishing this one before the final!!! lol

I was away cause I had an exam friday...one of the last ones at college...I´m actually 3 exams from finishing.

But let´s get to the euro!!!

Friday for obvious reasons I only arrived in time to see the second game ending...I couldn´t see denmark but i´ve been told they played well as a team again. I got to see only the last minutes of italy-sweden....enough to see the wonder goal by Ibrahimovic!!! what a goal!!!!

yesterday was a great day!!! we got to see the best game, holland-czech.....what a game! goals, balls striking the post...everything! wonder game!!!
I wasn´t at home to see germany so I can´t tell anything about them but Letonia(don´t know how to write in english lol) seems to be doing pretty well.

but today....aaaaaaaaaahhhh we´re still at party!!!!! I said to you that if we could beat the russians then we would get together against spain.....and so it was! The game was even, chances to both sides, spain is a good team, we got a bit lucky but in the end could have won by more goals.
Deco is starting is fight for the world player award!!! be aware!!!! And watch out for Ricardo Carvalho, our own kaiser of the box!!! we call him like that because of beckenbauer :)
And of course....to the british ones around.....you know!!! "There´s only one Ronaldo" :p

heheheheh

Portugal!!!!!!!! :)

Poor Italy :( I'm not Italian, but many of my Italian friends here are devastated, lol... as a Leafs fan, I know the feeling :rolleyes: Go Portugal! :D

A female entertainer on our local radio promised to strip naked if Germany should win the tournament! :cool:

But I think she can keep her clothes on, as Germany will lose against the Czech Republic today, and then they will have to fly home in shame! :sowrong: The current team AND coach are so weak, compared to the World Cup 2 years ago.

In one of the greatest games ever we were able to win and get to the semi-finals!

What a game!!! If I´m seeing it better than it was please tell me. But the emotions, the fight, the final outcome allways unsure for us.....this was one of those moments one will never forget!

I was in a bar with a great number of greek fellows to whom I again wish all the luck today against France. We were all together there, from 16 ou 17 years old to an old man probably on his 60´s or even 70´s....this particular fellow was actually on the floor with me and my friends at the end of the game when we got along buched up on each others celebrating and the old guy there with us :) this is magic!

Also a crazy fellow from slovenia who jumped with me at the end...this guy was actually wearing a netherland shirt so I screamed him "GO NETHERLAND"....to my surprise, he starts laughing and shows me a little incrisption on the side of the shirt "SLOVENIA"...he told me he his here with the czechs and a fellow dutch offered him the shirt so he got slovenia on it and here he goes! lol great moments here in Portugal.

Late after the game, again back to a bar, I had the pleasure of chatting with an English family, the old father with his wife, two of his sons and their wifes were all there, they drank some beers at my side and we were able to speak about the country, the people and many other things. To them, may they continue to enjoy themselves here....even knowing thei´ll now support the czechs lolol

And this it...I had to write something, somewhere and well...you guys here were just unfortunate lol

From a proud Portuguese!
back from the top of "marque de pombal" statue :) hehehe great view from there!! watch on your tv´s and you might see me there :p

here we go!!!!! may the netherlands or the swedish come next!

PORTUGAL is through the 1/2 finals
they beat england in a thrilling match that ended 2-2 so they had to take penalty's and portugal won!!
shame on David Beckham , he is supposed to be the player with the best kick but he misses the penalty (his third straight miss from the penalty:eek: )...................today france and greece are gonna fight who can go to the semi-finals.................and saturday THE NETHERLANDS AGAINST SWEDEN........sunday: chech republic against danemark...

The ref in englands game yesterday was SO biased! I mean, just because he was from Switzerland and we beat them dosnt mean he should take portugals side! I mean, what was wrong with Sol Campbells goal in the last minute? NOTHING was wrong with it! Well, appaerently there was something wrong with it according to the ref! Seriously, that is the WORST decision since Maradonas infamous 'hand of god' goal was allowed!

Well....I had doubts on that goal but if you look into it you can see there´s an english player harassing keeper Ricardo and preventing him from getting in front of Campbell´s header....As this happened inside the keeper´s protection box....it´s ilegal.

But I had my doubts when I first saw the goal, to me seemed everything ok, only after some replays I tried to see what was happening with our keeper and finaly saw it.

Try to look at it and them tell me what you think.

England did their best! No one deserved to return home! Believe the worst thing for England was in fact Rooney´s injurie cause after that the atacks were no longer as dangerous as before.

I agree, nenezinho, both teams would have deserved to remain in the tournament. Quite certainly, I would have preferred the English team over the lazy French players. IMO, England lost their semi-final ticket when they lost so unnecessarily against the French, just as Germany fell out because of their draw with Latvia. BTW: The German coach resigned a day after the game with the Czechs.

But playing well is not enough for such a tournament, you also need a lot of luck.

Oh well, see you all during the World Championship 2006 in Germany!

Ha! France is out, and Greece marches on! What a surprise! :wow:

Honking cars with Greek flags are all over my hometown (we have a large Greek community here). Congratulations! At least, one German is in the semifinals: Otto Rehhagel, the coach of the Greek team... :cool:

yes france is out and tomorrow the netherlands are going to play against sweden....
being a dutch i hope that the netherlands win......
with the leftwinger arjen robben and the superstriker ruud van nistelrooy it should be not a problem...and they also have 3 other superstrikers: roy makaay (european topscorer last year) , patrick kluivert, pierre van hooijdonk (the best free kick)..

Bollocks to it..........

....I fucking hate soccer anyway, give me a bit of grid iron or baseball any day! soccer is so boring, no one ever seems to score and the players just fall over all the time. How can anyone get exited about a nil/nil score line? and the game is so slow and tedious, I prefer to see fast slick action with guys scoring every few minutes like, say, ice hockey.

To Red-Indian...

I guess you want us to tell you what we see in soccer, well, to make things simple, it´s the possibilities!!!! the sheer number of possibilities and the time to bear all of them in mind.

Tell me! Where in a hockey game can you trick the defenders to get all alone behind them? what time do you have to actually think on what is going on as watching a game?

the thing with soccer is that either playing it, either watching it, there are just to many things in equation, there´s 11 fellow teammates trying to get free for a run, there´s a very big pitch that seems huge the first time you actually play on it...so many things! but probably...one of the greatest ones.....in soccer, when you make a mistake, you are going to have one hell of a week at least cause in such a tight game no one will forget your particular action.

By the way...if you are seeing plenty of 0-0 scores...you´re probably seing bad games....whatch some of the games of this european championship and you´ll feel more like they can score any minute!

But has a player, I love the possibilities! you can´t touck the hockey ball with your own body! and there´s a lot of crazy spins and tricks you´ll never ever be able to do in hockey....it´s just impossible! I´ve tried playing hockey, baseball, everything! But I tell you...I felt so...without options....take baseball...you either hit or miss, you either run to the next base or not....there´s not much to think about. hockey is better!! I do like hockey! and my soccer team also has an hockey team and we´ve already been european hockey champions, but still....aaaaaahhh it seems weird to be on top of those things and handling a stick.....and all the gear...naaaaaaaaaaaaa

Let me just play passing the ball inside my house, on school, whenever I feel into it :) when a kid I used some times to get to the 4th floor driving my ball up the stairs :))) never hitting a door or making any damage :) try and do this with an hockey outfit!! lololol

well...it´s late, I could spend all the night speaking of something I love as you could about hockey or baseball or whatever you like :)
I´ll consider myself a winner if you could see by this posting that I´m such a good fan of my favorite sports as you are of yours! Cause in the end it´s all about passion and feelling :)

aaaaaaahhh sory for the long post and good luck Netherland! You´re good people and have a nice team! I won´t like playing against you cause you´re strong but....shall you come throug we´ll deal with that latter lol

And yesssssss......the french are off to the beach!!!! finally!!!! I was saying since the begining those guys weren´t here to play....and they were able to do it better then most!!!!! I get angried when I see so many talented players walking around the pitch seing the timer going on and on...aaaaahh GO GREECE!!! it was about time!! should have been the other side!! England winning greece and we beating the hell out of the french "tourist" players!

Vive la Portugal!!! :D :D :D I sincerely hope the home side can take out the Dutch in the semi's. Now, I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I do enjoy the major tournaments such as the EURO and the FIFA World Cup, but don't start bashin my hockey! :rolleyes: LOL Anyway, this is a thread to comment on the current EURO 2004, so lets keep it that way... it's been very exciting and at times unpredictable! Being from Canada, you know that my passion first and foremost is hockey, so I'm not gonna go there, LOL :D but this has been a great tournament, so keep it up and GO PORTUGAL!!! :D

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back