• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite 70's Song?

Mimi

1st Level Black Feather
Well, we went through the 80's, and I was just sitting here downloading a few 70's classics, and thought I'd throw this thread on. While I am a child of the 80's, I must admit the 70's was my favorite generation for music. Below are just a FEW I continue to adore through the years...

Anything Little River Band
Anything 10CC
Anything ABBA
Anything Carpenters (To this day I think Karen has one of the most beautiful female voices ever)
Anything Heart
How Much I Feel - Ambrosia
I'd Really Love to See You Tonight and We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again - Dan England and John Ford Coley
I Love You - Climax
Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
What Kind of Fool - Bee Gees w/ Barbra Steisand
Beth - Kiss

Okay, so I am a ballad junkie...lol. I would have added anything Barry Manilow and Air Supply in there if I did not want to be doused in rotten tomatoes...LOL

Mimi :D

Oldies...

to you, college music to me..lol.

I Want You To Want Me --Cheap Trick

And everything Billy Joel did in that era. Simple, hmmm? :p Q

Not real sure of this, but they are some of my favorites.

CCR
Grand Funk Railroad
The Rolling Stones
The Eagles

Spirit in the Sky <---love that beat!

So many great songs!
:)

Don't remember the 70's (was born in '76), but yeah, lots of great songs, even the disco ones. :p Favorite 70's song? Too many to choose from. But ABBA, Bee Gees, KISS, and Elton John are some of my favorite artists from that decade. :)

Either "You Light Up My Life" or "Fernando" by ABBA
:disgust: :disgust: :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

Drew ;)

only kidding!

I was a real 70's disco Queen

The Hustle
Sat Night Fever
Anything Donna Summer
12" Disco Dance Records..

But can't miss my Rock and Roll Favs too
Billy Joel
Elton John
Old Chicago

oh and Mimi....I loved Barry Manilow too!

JPie

"Hotel California"-The Eagles (which just happens to be the number one US hit on the day of my illustrious birth lol)

I can NOT pick one, depends entirely on my mood:

Anything disco when I'm missing my mom, especially the Hustle. Anything by Teddy Pendergrass or Bobby Womack for the same reason.

"Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" by Tavares and "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. Bought them special when my first daughter was born, and play them for both my little girls now, the lyrics are in their baby books :bunny:

"Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters when I'm depressed for absolutely no reason.

"Rock the Boat", just because it's the very first song I can remember hearing ever.

And anything from Schoolhouse Rock, because that WAS the '70's if you were born in that decade :cool:

Bella bella bella gettin' her adverbs here :p

I was only knee high to a grasshopper, but...

I *think* that "Whip It'' by Devo was a '70's tune... Does anyone else recall rollerskating under a giant disco ball to that one? What about KC and the Sunshine Band, on AM Radio, played at a volume of "10"? Surely I can't be the only member to have a collection of 45 RPM's in their basement with such classics as "SuperFreak", and "Wasn't That A Party?" now can I???

Kraftie
:lurking:

I have a bunch too Kraftie!

70's huh?

John Denver
Calypso, Feather Bed (isn't that ironic!), Rocky Mountain High, Annie's Song. Anything by John Denver was Awesome

Art Garfunkel - I Can Sing! (It's a really happy tune!)

Jim Croce - Everything!

Stevie Wonder - Everything

As far as Disco stuff - Peaches and Herb, Donna Summer and Rod Stewart!

And yes. I adored Barry Manilow!

Oh my goodness! The Seventies, you say? Hmmmmmmm. gotta stretch the old memory a bit, but here goes

Absolutely CCR!

Was introduced to The Grateful Dead in '75-Workingman's Dead

Thunder road-Bruce Springsteen-and practically everything else he did.

This Night, and For the Longest Time- Billy Joel (Was that 70's or 80's?)

As I type this, I am listening to the oldies station on Radio@Netscape, so go figure.

Alright, all kidding aside.....

The best song of the seventies:

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus

Drew;)

Aaack!!!

Awww... now you've really opened up a can of worms, Drew! You done gone and got me thinking about "Abracadabra" (Remember the chorus? ... Aaabra, aaabra, cadaaabra... I wanna reach out and grab ya...), which I *think* was by The Steve Miller Band... Which then got me thinking about "The Joker", (also?) by The Steve Miller Band, which THEN got me thinking about Homer Simpson, and *his* rendition of "The Joker" which sucked!!! I fear that if I don't distract myself, I'm doomed to suffer an evening of bad Simpons quotes... Wait, all is not lost... I'll simply wander down the "General Discussion" block and absorb myself in "The Self Referential Thread", I *know* that'll help refocus my attentions onto something more productive! ;)

Kraftie
:lurking:

"Abra Cadabra" was actually the 80s, Kraftie. But it WAS The Steve Miller band. And, "I wanna reach out and grab ya", how perfect a song lyric for this group.
And can't forget:

"Convoy" by C.W. McCall
"Little Willy" by The Sweet
"The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace
"Thunder Island" by Jay Fergeson
"Live and Let Die" by Wings
"Avenging Annie" by Andy Pratt
"You" by Jasper Rath
"Too Rolling Stoned" by Robin Trower

Drew;)

QB!!!! I love John Denver's music. So tragic that so many musicians of that era passed away before their prime (ok, maybe some stuck around a little longer than they should...) I don't usually 'fess up to liking anything from this decade (being born in '71), but I do find some of the stuff still endures. Billy Joel and Elton John of course...My mom was a huge Pat Boone fan, hence she also named her daughter Debbie...Strange how I can still remember hearing "You Light Up My Life" over and over. I also love anything by PPM (usually written by J. Denver or a Bob Dilan tune). And Jim Croce...songs that were sad and sweet. And of course, Simon and Garfunkel...I wasn't keen on Disco (I still don't have rhythm), but folk music just gets to me sometimes. And one of my personal favorites (but I have to whisper it...) was Bobby Goldsboro. Something about his voice and guitar combined to make magic for me. Ahhhh...

Uh-oh...

I think maybe I'm all alone here. My tastes run to "heavier" stuff:

I think these guys started in the 70's - Rush (2112 is maybe my favorite album of all time - but anything they do is good.)

anything by Jethro Tull (I still think Thick as a Brick is a work of genious)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer (most of the cuts from Brain Salad Surgery)

Supertramp (all of Breakfast in America)

Elton John (most of Madman Across the Water)

Gordon Lightfoot (Gord's Gold - man can not live on hard rock alone!)

Don't Fear the Reaper (can't remember the artist)

...and many more than I can remember at this moment. Great thread, brought back lots of cool memories!
:)

"Don't Fear the Reaper" was Blue Oyster Cult, Sole.
Also, anything Jethro Tull did in the 70s was awesome! Especially "Minstrel in the Gallery" and "Songs From the Woods"

Drew;)

Mimi said:
Well, we went through the 80's, and I was just sitting here downloading a few 70's classics, and thought I'd throw this thread on. While I am a child of the 80's, I must admit the 70's was my favorite generation for music. Below are just a FEW I continue to adore through the years...

Anything Little River Band
Anything 10CC
Anything ABBA
Anything Carpenters (To this day I think Karen has one of the most beautiful female voices ever)
Anything Heart
How Much I Feel - Ambrosia
I'd Really Love to See You Tonight and We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again - Dan England and John Ford Coley
I Love You - Climax
Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
What Kind of Fool - Bee Gees w/ Barbra Steisand
Beth - Kiss

Okay, so I am a ballad junkie...lol. I would have added anything Barry Manilow and Air Supply in there if I did not want to be doused in rotten tomatoes...LOL

Mimi :D

every thing by jim crochie. he would have been the "sound of the 70's" if he had lived.
and so many others, but the mind was wasted at a tender young age, lol.
steve

Over the hills and far away- Led Zepplin!!!

Into the Mystic- Van morrisson

Fat Bottom Girls- Queen

(Selections subject to change due to 1970's being top rock and
roll era!)

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back