• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite music artists/groups (35+ year olds)

Druidici

4th Level Red Feather
This kind of thread has probably floated around before. Who was or still is your favorite band or artist. It can be any kind. I get a better feel for people sometimes based on their musical tastes. I myself am into just about anything from 60's and 70's and 80's. My faves are Rush,Boston,Jethro Tull and a plethora of others.

I enjoy most of the 70s rock bands...Rush, The Who, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, etc.

But to broaden horizons.....check out Fairport Convention, Rory Gallagher, Tangerine Dream, etc.

Then move on to blues(Muddy Waters, T-Bone Walker, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, etc.)

And then jazz(Miles Davis, Roland Kirk, John Coltrane, Jimmy Smith etc.)

Drew(etc.)

I enjoy most of the 70s rock bands...Rush, The Who, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, etc.

But to broaden horizons.....check out Fairport Convention, Rory Gallagher, Tangerine Dream, etc.

Then move on to blues(Muddy Waters, T-Bone Walker, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, etc.)

And then jazz(Miles Davis, Roland Kirk, John Coltrane, Jimmy Smith etc.)

Drew(etc.)

All very good picks Drew! Ever listen to Hot Tuna?

All very good picks Drew! Ever listen to Hot Tuna?

I've seen Hot Tuna a few times, Jorma and Jack, even got to see Papa John Creach. I love the old classic rock, blues, Americana, jambands, soul, most of it you don't hear on the radio.

Led Zepplin, Neil Young, Simon and Garfunkel and R.E.M just to name a few

Beatles, Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, The Guess Who, Three Dog Night, The Grass Roots, The Rascals, Tommy James and the Shondells.

Here are some of my favorite childhood tunes.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/eP1dYj2hGss?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/eP1dYj2hGss?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/SQUsNx5P6Lo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/SQUsNx5P6Lo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dptMRtOg__Y?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dptMRtOg__Y?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Frank Zappa
Laurie Anderson
Dave Edmunds
Elvis Costello & The Attractions
The Ramones
The Stooges
...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh yeah, the Who!

Everyone has really great picks. I like Zappa..almost got to see him back in I think it was '87 or '88 at Albany palace theater. Love the Beatles,Zepplin, and the Dead of course.

Great thread, where to start?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Uzmz9TXaglI?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Uzmz9TXaglI?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/r8hjtFq3vE0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/r8hjtFq3vE0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/e4VbZHdc6JQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/e4VbZHdc6JQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/vCsVXdxBWZM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/vCsVXdxBWZM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Gary Puckett and The Union Gap.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/_nNXi66N2oc?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/_nNXi66N2oc?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/qJFVPxBpezk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/qJFVPxBpezk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/e1CLjF8Q8xo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/e1CLjF8Q8xo?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I've seen Hot Tuna a few times, Jorma and Jack, even got to see Papa John Creach. I love the old classic rock, blues, Americana, jambands, soul, most of it you don't hear on the radio.

You saw Hot Tuna and Papa John live? Color me green with envy...

You saw Hot Tuna and Papa John live? Color me green with envy...

Me too..just seen Rush at Saratoga back in June..that's the latest old band I've seen lately. Been trying to catch back up with Tull. Fleetwood Mac also came through this past summer..couldn't get a tix though. Of course All man Bros. Always come up here every summer just about also. Seen Roger Waters solo last year..that's as close to Floyd as I could come.

Way to many to list!!! Having grown up in the 60's and 70's...GOTTA start with the Beatles, Stones and the Who. Then move onto Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Deep Purple...just to name some "biggies". But I also really got into the lesser mainstream groups like the previously mentioned Rush, and Tull...but then there is Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick, Kansas, Iron Maiden...and if you wanna try "progressive"...how about Emerson Lake & Palmer and Yes!!! And then there's "really off mainstream" like...BTO, Krokus, April Wine and The Babys!!! I know there are many debates out there, regarding types of music and such...but these are just a few of my favorites, through the years. I think I covered quite a diverse mix of "rock" styles. Just my two cents!!!

Definitely some oldies and goodies on these lists. Seen Aerosmith,Deep Purple,Kansas & Yes together. Believe it or not Meatloaf puts on a good show also.

The Who are my absolute favorites! But, I love the Beatles, Stones, Cream, Kiss to name a few.

Beatles

Billy Joel

Simon and Garfunkel

as well as Paul Simon's solo songs.

To be, none better than those three legendary singers/groups.

Canned Heat.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/p0PjECSyJ7w?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/p0PjECSyJ7w?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/qRKNw477onU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/qRKNw477onU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/aHu24OK0-z4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/aHu24OK0-z4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/xbP-pmuL3Ts?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/xbP-pmuL3Ts?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pfXzq2o9rkI?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pfXzq2o9rkI?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My tastes were more into the larger instrumental groups - Chicago and Blood, Sweat, and Tears topped my list. I still pride myself in playing "Color my World" and getting the harmonic progessions correct.

35+ year olds?
I'm 33, do I count?
For anyone out there into more experimental interesting and, at the risk of even further over-using the term 'proggy' stuff (I heard Rush mentioned a few times), there is a whole bunch of underground bands who have taken that desire to do someting fresh to the next level. They just don't get famous or sell many copies because people's attention spans have gone down the drain in this new x-factor world.
Hydrahead records (RIP) were a force for good in the world, as are Neurot. These labels were founded by Isis members and Neurosis members respectvely and along with Mike Patton's Ipecac imprint they created enough of a scene that lots of criminally overlooked and dirt poor bands could get a 2nd and a 3rd album out.
I'm into Oxbow, The Body, Eagle Twin and better known stuff such as Kyuss, Down, Corrosion of Conformity, Tool, Clutch etc.
I heard Canned Heat mentioned too, awesome band, and I always find Clutch suit the same mood.
Also, Tom Waits is the greatest living Human Being.

I'm not 35 just yet but I'm well schooled in this kind of music. Grew up with the stones, the Beatles, the clash, jimmi, the doors, ac dc, chuck berry, little Richard, Bo diddly, the who and Dylan. One of my faves these days is big brother and the holding company. Janis Joplin's voice is pure sex. I love a lot of 80's stuff like the smiths and joy division and I'm a massive blues fan too. B.B. King, muddy waters, howling wolf, little Walter, jimmy reed, Elmore James...all them boys. Oh and I'm a big soul fan too. Otis redding is my idol.

You get the picture.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back