• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favourite musical acts

Yet_One_More_Idiot

2nd Level Orange Feather
Does exactly what it says on the tin. :) I searched the forum and couldn't find any similar threads...

So I was wondering, what are other people's favourite musical acts/performer? I've worded it that way to avoid any discrimination against solo artists, or a particular preference towards male or female. :) (In other words, being entirely PC).

To kick off, mine is S Club 8 (and yes, given my musical taste, I really AM 22). I much prefer pop-y, bouncy tunes any day. :) So, what about the rest of you?

Please include a picture if at all possible (as no-one knows every performer/group). Because mine is a younger group, I'll post a link to an image rather than the image itself (is this within TT rules? Please let me know if it isn't, but I couldn't find any ruling on linking to images on external servers).

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/KoopaCooper/SAVE0187.jpg - HQ 291KB.

Two words daddy-o...JUDAS PRIEST!!! Rob Halford has returned and now comes the Angel of Retribution!!!

Difficult to narrow it down to just one.

A selection would undoubtedly include Counting Crows, Gavin DeGraw, Pink Floyd, Incubus, Semisonic, Jools Holland and Ben Folds to name a few.

Soilwork, In Flames, Mnemic, Blue Man Group, Eiffel 65, Linkin Park, Hell Within. Any genre, as long as it's genuine, and full of emotion.

Ok, my fave act of all is Madonna.

I also love freestyle music. It was popular in the mid 80's to mid 90's. A type of dance/club music, where the beat is made with latin percussion, instead of the powerful house style beat.

The most popular freestyle acts were "girl groups", so here are three of the girl groups who were big in the late 80's to early 90's.

Pic 1-Exposè
Pic 2-The Cover Girls
Pic 3-Sweet Sensation

Attachments

• exp.jpg
    exp.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 8
  • covergirls.jpg
    covergirls.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 9
  • sscd.jpg
    sscd.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 9
Disturbed, slipknot, system of a down, metallica.

The Imperials

The Cathedral Quartet

The Nylons

Mannheimer Steamroller

The Chieftains

I like a lot of the bands that started before I was born, especially the Fifth Dimension and the Byrds. I have seen both groups perform recently on television, and they still sound as wonderful as they did back in the 60's :)

I like WAY too many things to pick any one performer as a favorite. It's a cop out, yes. But it's MY cop out!

I'm in the same boat with Nessie. (Say...that's an intriguing thought...STAY FOCUSED, IGNATZ!) I would have to list my favorite rock singer, country artist, jazz vocalist, Irish tenor, violinist, bandleader, banjo picker, etc. And being the age I am and having a predilection for the music of my parents' and grandparents' generations as well as my own, most of my favorites are no longer with us.
What I will do is submit my favorite musical act which is still active. It is the country-rock-folkabilly group called the Flatlanders. They were a group briefly in 1971, then went their separate ways, albeit amicably. After carving out solo careers through the seventies and eighties, they have recently reunited as a group on tours and on two new albums. They're way too good and creative and original to get much airplay on mainstream radio, although more eclectic formats like Americana will give them their due. Joe Ely is the country rocker, a kind of Texas Springsteen. Butch Hancock is a Dylanesque singer and a deep and witty songwriter. Jimmie Dale Gilmore's voice defies description, but you might compare it to a cross between Roy Orbison and Neil Young. If you have the soundtrack album from the movie "The Horse Whisperer," then you've heard them sing "South Wind of Summer." I highly recommend "Now Again" and "Wheels of Fortune," their two reunion CDs, as well as all their solo albums.

Attachments

• flatlanders.jpg
    flatlanders.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 11
Oh! I forgot to add my favorite band of all! FILTER!

I'm well into my fifth decade and have many favorites including the Beatles, Steely Dan, The Talking Heads, older REM and The Pixies. More recent favorites include Lush, Cocteau Twins, 311, Radiohead and Coldplay.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back