• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fear of Tickling?

corpmjo

I was just cruising the web, and I found this - don't know if anyone else ever posted this before, but its about the fear of tickling - check out the other links in this promo - at first I thought it was a joke, but i guess not. Anyone ever know anyone who was so afraid of being tickled it was a phobia? If so, I don't wantn to make light of it, but man, the possibilities for stories after reading this ad.......lol!

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail_more.asp?SDID=1140:1810

-corp

This is a cheesy site that uses basically the same language for marketing their generic "cure" just about all phobias.

Here's the writeup for a <a href = "http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?SDID=2173:1381">fear of sticky peanut butter</a>. (lol)

Here's the <a href="http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/phobia_list_of_all_phobias.asp?SDID=6547:1944">generic list</a> from which similar writeups can be found.

Wow!

You know there was a time when I was so desperate to overcome my own fear (terror really) of being tickled that I'd have tried that...or anything. I'd be amazed if it was anything that actually did any good. The sad part is that there are people out there who are still as terrified of it as I once was, people who will do/pay anything to break free of that fear. It angers me to think that shit like this is what they'll find.

Ann

Being "Confident" and being "afraid of being out of control" are a contraduction. Those who can't stand to not be in control every second are not confident to begin with. In my experience those who are afraid of tickling are those who can't let go of insecurities and aren't good with seeming vulernable. It doesn't mean they aren't vulernable when not tickled it just means they hide it.

MrPartickler said:
This is a cheesy site that uses basically the same language for marketing their generic "cure" just about all phobias.

Here's the writeup for a <a href = "http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?SDID=2173:1381">fear of sticky peanut butter</a>. (lol)

Here's the <a href="http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/phobia_list_of_all_phobias.asp?SDID=6547:1944">generic list</a> from which similar writeups can be found.
After reading just some of it,i knew this had to be some kind of scam.Thanks for the additional info.

TklDuo-Ann said:
You know there was a time when I was so desperate to overcome my own fear (terror really) of being tickled that I'd have tried that...or anything. I'd be amazed if it was anything that actually did any good. The sad part is that there are people out there who are still as terrified of it as I once was, people who will do/pay anything to break free of that fear. It angers me to think that shit like this is what they'll find.

Ann

What? But you love it now. I have a real problem with heights. How did you not just overcome your fear, but grew to enjoy it?

Barlow

Barlow said:
What? But you love it now. I have a real problem with heights. How did you not just overcome your fear, but grew to enjoy it?

I loved it long before I feared it. In fact, I longed for it at the same time that I feared it. I longed to be free of the terror so that I could enjoy it again. The terror was a result of the loss of control I felt when it was used against me in a terrible and life-altering situation. It took me years to get to a point where I could even hear the word without wanting to run and hide. It took even longer to talk openly about it or actually allow anyone to do it.

Actually, a dear friend who cybered with me often knowing of my fear is largely responsible for helping me to move beyond that fear. Then, when Drew and I met, I was able to allow him to tickle me. There were moments where we had difficulty. I flashed on him a couple of times. But, I'm too stubborn to let that stop me.

There are still occassional moments when that fear returns. But, I refuse to allow it to continue to spoil something that is so integral a part of who I am. Little by little, I'm able to truly surrender to it and just let it take over. That's a freedom that I warmly welcome the return of.

Ann

TklDuo-Ann said:
I loved it long before I feared it. In fact, I longed for it at the same time that I feared it. I longed to be free of the terror so that I could enjoy it again. The terror was a result of the loss of control I felt when it was used against me in a terrible and life-altering situation. It took me years to get to a point where I could even hear the word without wanting to run and hide. It took even longer to talk openly about it or actually allow anyone to do it.

Actually, a dear friend who cybered with me often knowing of my fear is largely responsible for helping me to move beyond that fear. Then, when Drew and I met, I was able to allow him to tickle me. There were moments where we had difficulty. I flashed on him a couple of times. But, I'm too stubborn to let that stop me.

There are still occassional moments when that fear returns. But, I refuse to allow it to continue to spoil something that is so integral a part of who I am. Little by little, I'm able to truly surrender to it and just let it take over. That's a freedom that I warmly welcome the return of.

Ann
I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience Ann,i was not trying to make light of anyones fears.It's just that there are so many scam artists out there looking to make an easy buck off of people,and i find that discusting.I'm glad you have been able to overcome your fear and have found a great partner.

Even though I enjoy being tickled as much as I do, I have a fear of it too. Part of it is the loss of control. If I'm with someone I trust, I can give up that control much easier. Another part of it is I'm afraid they'll discover my "secret." :smilestar So if someone on the "outside" tickles me, or threatens to tickle me, I flip out and beg them not to, and totally mean it. Strange, huh?

FeatherFeet said:
Being "Confident" and being "afraid of being out of control" are a contraduction. Those who can't stand to not be in control every second are not confident to begin with. In my experience those who are afraid of tickling are those who can't let go of insecurities and aren't good with seeming vulernable. It doesn't mean they aren't vulernable when not tickled it just means they hide it.

I happen to like tickling and I'm not an insecure person either. But there are those who are afraid to be tickled because of the complete sensory overload, the total neurological explosion that takes place inside them, and the inability to control their environment. Not everyone who's ticklish likes the way being tickled makes them feel.

I don't like complete vulnerability because people use that to their advantage. I used to not mind being submissive and letting someone have control. I ended up in one hell of a mess because I didn't control every aspect of my life. I do control my life now, and guess what, I happen to like being tickled every once in awhile too. But I definitely control the tickling environment.

Not everyone likes the loss of control caused by tickling, especially when they've been abused with it. My ex used tickling to manipulate and control me during disagreements. If I want to be tickled, I'll submit to be tickled. I don't want any non-consentual tickling of any kind. I have the right to control who touches my body and how they touch it. I don't want anyone touching it in any way unless I say it's all right for them to do so. And I don't see a problem with how I feel about it at all.

bugman said:
i was not trying to make light of anyones fears.

I don't think it sounded like you were making light of anything. A good chuckle is always a healthy thing. It helps us to not take ourselves so seriously that we get in our own way. ;)

Ann

kis123 said:
I happen to like tickling and I'm not an insecure person either. But there are those who are afraid to be tickled because of the complete sensory overload, the total neurological explosion that takes place inside them, and the inability to control their environment. Not everyone who's ticklish likes the way being tickled makes them feel.

I don't like complete vulnerability because people use that to their advantage. I used to not mind being submissive and letting someone have control. I ended up in one hell of a mess because I didn't control every aspect of my life. I do control my life now, and guess what, I happen to like being tickled every once in awhile too. But I definitely control the tickling environment.

Not everyone likes the loss of control caused by tickling, especially when they've been abused with it. My ex used tickling to manipulate and control me during disagreements. If I want to be tickled, I'll submit to be tickled. I don't want any non-consentual tickling of any kind. I have the right to control who touches my body and how they touch it. I don't want anyone touching it in any way unless I say it's all right for them to do so. And I don't see a problem with how I feel about it at all.

nothing you have said there proved me wrong in any way at all. In fact I have no clue why you even responded to it.

I said those who dont like to be tickled usually have insecurity problems. And they have problems with feeling out of control. You say your life is in your control and you say you like being tickled. isnt that EXACTLY proving what I'm saying? lol maybe you misunderstood my origional post

BrightEyes1082 said:
Even though I enjoy being tickled as much as I do, I have a fear of it too. Part of it is the loss of control. If I'm with someone I trust, I can give up that control much easier. Another part of it is I'm afraid they'll discover my "secret." :smilestar So if someone on the "outside" tickles me, or threatens to tickle me, I flip out and beg them not to, and totally mean it. Strange, huh?

I understand the second part. I remember in high school and college, when some awesome */f tickling would go on, I would look around out of the corner of my eye to see if someone had somehow figured me out :)

Barlow

Boy, can i ever relate to the part about the fear of having my secret discovered. Even as a kid, not more than about 12 or so. I remember watching TV with my brother and sister, and we were watching the Three Stooges. When that episode "Spaceship Sappy" came on, and the three of them were tied to those posts and having their feet tickled by the Amazons, it was like the world came to a halt, time slowed way down, my breathing got shallow, and my mouth really dry. But I also remember feeling like I had to be way casual about it, not even look at the screen at times, even though I just wanted to dive into it..lol. Ever since, any public show of ticklingn and I start into my nonchalance and scan the surroundings to see if anyone has noticed the chaos that has suddenly erupted inside.

As for the site, yeah, well, it's cheesy for sure. But it's also there, and someone thought it important enough to make it a key word, so I was curious. I'd never heard of someone having a tickling phobia, so that was interesting. I guess you can have a phobia about pretty much anything - glad I don't have one of tickling, even if I'll never be in the position of confronting it.

-corp

FeatherFeet said:
nothing you have said there proved me wrong in any way at all. In fact I have no clue why you even responded to it.

I said those who dont like to be tickled usually have insecurity problems. And they have problems with feeling out of control. You say your life is in your control and you say you like being tickled. isnt that EXACTLY proving what I'm saying? lol maybe you misunderstood my origional post

A person's life is in control until someone tickles them. Even if they gave the person permission to tickle them, their body naturally fights the sensations which is why you have to strap them down right? Think about the person who simply doesn't like the body's natural flight response, but the person kept tickling away? What does that have to do with being insecure? I just learned to like being tickled over the last 5 years or so. Someone showed me it was more than just a weapon used to dominate. Prior to that, the perpetrators were the ones with the insecurity problems. They were the ones with control issues-not me.

No, didn't misunderstand it at all. Just that there is an exception to everything and I feel I was the exception to your statement. People who don't like being tickled, don't like being tickled. People who like to tickle people who don't like being tickled are the ones with the problems. There is nothing funny at all about non-consentual tickling. Being a fan of non-con and writing stories about it is one thing-to actually do it to someone pretty much borders assault.

Many people who abused with tickling because it's a good way to gain control over someone who is in control every other way (hence my descriptions of the sensations). Many use it to "take down" someone they'd have no other way to take advantage of. Many use it as a means of controlling and manipulating others they otherwise could not control. It's even been used as a pre-cursor to rape and some tortures (real-life, someone could actually die, torture). Tickling is a stronger method than people who frequent this board think. But that doesn't mean that the person who hates it is insecure-it simply means that they hate it.

Fear of tickling is no different than someone who has fear of heights, snakes, bugs, or anything else. I don't hear anyone saying they have insecurity problems. Most on this board love tickling and even love the loss of control associated with it. There are a small percentage on this board who love to tickle but absolutely hate being tickled. Some have even said they'd rather be beaten than tickled-are they insecure too? I feel this way to a certain degree and I don't have any insecurity problems and I don't suspect that they do either. The hate of tickling might not even be associated with fear at all-the person just might hate the feeling of it. Again, nothing at all to do with insecurity.

It has a lot to do with fear (or hatred in my case) of someone else having that much control/power over you and making you feel overpowered and helpless-plain and simple. It has something to do with being in your personal space (possibly uninvited). How many people just walk up to someone and just start tickling them? To some of you, that's hot. To me-it's absolutely offensive! I don't like someone in my personal space unless I invite them in it-once again nothing at all to do with insecurity as it does with respecting my body and personal space.

I didn't misunderstand you at all-I certainly hope I've cleared the air. If not, to each his or her own.

Last edited:
Not everyone likes the way being tickled feels. It has nothing to do with control or loss of control, or laughter, they just dont like the ticklish feeling.

aun_existe_amor said:
Not everyone likes the way being tickled feels. It has nothing to do with control or loss of control, or laughter, they just dont like the ticklish feeling.

Nor does it have anything to do with having insecurity issues either does it? You were one of the people I was thinking about when I knew of TMF members who loved to tickle but hate being tickled.

Too bad it took me 12 paragraphs to say what you did with one sentence! :) Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet--then you'll see how much fun I can really be after about my second cup! :veryhappy

You're right Kis, it has nothing to do with being insecure either. I like to read your posts. We seem to think in similar ways.

corpmjo said:
it was like the world came to a halt, time slowed way down, my breathing got shallow, and my mouth really dry. But I also remember feeling like I had to be way casual about it, not even look at the screen at times, even though I just wanted to dive into it..lol. Ever since, any public show of ticklingn and I start into my nonchalance and scan the surroundings to see if anyone has noticed the chaos that has suddenly erupted inside.

What a perfect description! I think there will be many here (whether they respond or not) who will be able to relate to that.

Fearing it led to some similar, though more intense, reactions. I remember walking out of the room (almost running, actually) one time when two friends got into a tickle fight during the period when I still feared it. I was so scared that I actually got sick. Then, I used that as an excuse to leave. I was so thoroughly terrified of being the next target that I couldn't stay there with them any longer. God, I'm glad I'm beyond that!!!

Ann

corpmjo said:
When that episode "Spaceship Sappy" came on, and the three of them were tied to those posts and having their feet tickled by the Amazons, it was like the world came to a halt, time slowed way down, my breathing got shallow, and my mouth really dry. But I also remember feeling like I had to be way casual about it, not even look at the screen at times, even though I just wanted to dive into it..lol. Ever since, any public show of ticklingn and I start into my nonchalance and scan the surroundings to see if anyone has noticed the chaos that has suddenly erupted inside.

Ann's right- this is one of the best descriptions I've seen. I know exactly how you feel.

TklDuo-Ann said:
I don't think it sounded like you were making light of anything. A good chuckle is always a healthy thing. It helps us to not take ourselves so seriously that we get in our own way. ;)

Ann
Thank you Ann.By the way,i was not aware of tk community till now,very interesting.I will be visiting often i'm sure,and would be glad to help in any way i could.

bugman said:
Thank you Ann.By the way,i was not aware of tk community till now,very interesting.I will be visiting often i'm sure,and would be glad to help in any way i could.

Thanks! I'll be in touch. ;)

Ann

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back